TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hektik

WWE Gimmick News

An Excerpt From The Wrestling Observer:

The WWE is seemingly changed directions when it comes to some characters and has more plans to get wilder with new characters.

As it turns out, the Eugene character is going to be portrayed in the manner suggested here a few weeks ago. The character looks to be a simple man, who actually is a great wrestler after a great television vignette where William Regal was attempting to teach him and then stretch him, and he wound up stretching the teacher.

The other major change is that the Hirohito name has been dropped. After word got out in Japan after the first vignette aired, the fear among those who heard about it was that it would a very negative image in the country. The Hirohito character was scheduled for a huge push at first, apparently to be the top heel on the Raw side aside from the Evolution group. Vignettes for Hirohito haven't aired in the past two weeks. The character is still in line for a major push, although not at the level first planned which was right near the top of the cards immediately. He is still expected to debut on 5/10 in San Jose, possibly with the name Kenzo. He will have an entourage consisting of a manager/bodyguard type, as well as a woman who comes to ringside with him.

Kensuke Sasaki won't be coming to San Jose on 5/10 for the debut as we talked about last week. Ultimately, he wasn't going to come full time to the U.S. for a bodyguard role. Instead, the bodyguard role is going to Ken Yasuda, who is an American of Japanese ancestry who is a 5-10, 265 pound bodybuilder who apparently can speak both Japanese and English. He had a very brief period of training with UPW as a wrestler. He's said to be a good looking guy who has some acting and stunt work backround. The woman character will be Suzuki's wife, Hiroko, 29, who moved to New York with him. She has a unique backround which includes working from 1998 to 2000 as an anchor woman on a local news station in Fukushima, Japan, and after that, did some television acting, before marrying Suzuki last year.

There are some wilder angles planned both for new characters and exisisting characters, including a more outlandish reprise of the old Papa Shango character in a new role for Booker T which is supposed to come out of his Undertaker program. It's interesting to see so many new characters based on previous stars like Mordecai (early Undertaker and clearly being groomed for him), Tyson Tomko (early Kevin "Diesel" Nash), Rene Dupree (Rick Martel), and Eugene of late at a time when so much emphasis had been placed on a more serious real great wrestlers with real names battling it out with ultimate quest of getting the belt. Between that, and putting the cruiserweight title on Jacqueline, much of the new ideas are eerily reminiscent of the Vince Russo WCW.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Looking at the reaction so far to Eugene... the new style is working.

After word got out in Japan after the first vignette aired, the fear among those who heard about it was that it would a very negative image in the country.

There are some wilder angles planned both for new characters and exisisting characters, including a more outlandish reprise of the old Papa Shango character in a new role for Booker T which is supposed to come out of his Undertaker program.

DAVE, PLEASE LEARN PROPER ENGLISH. THANK YOU.

Also, poor Book. Retire now, man.

"There are some wilder angles planned both for new characters and exisisting characters, including a more outlandish reprise of the old Papa Shango character in a new role for Booker T which is supposed to come out of his Undertaker program."

...it's...just...so...infuriating...sometimes.

Guest Choken One

why can't they just fucking bring back Waylon Mercy damn it!

Guest Trivia247
"There are some wilder angles planned both for new characters and exisisting characters, including a more outlandish reprise of the old Papa Shango character in a new role for Booker T which is supposed to come out of his Undertaker program."

so .....charles wight is coming back?

Guest Trivia247

only Friar Fergusion can stop us from the Madness of Mordecai......

He will Charm the evil Cleric with the Fat Friar Dance of Peace and brotherhood

Guest JMA

Well the voodoo woman's name was "Mama" something. Draw your own conclusions from that.

I'm glad to hear the "Hirohito" name is being dropped. Although, it does make WWE look bad for just dropping something like that. It reminds me of Booker's letter stalker and "Little Johnny."

Looks like the "Is the WWE Racist" folder will be back in business soon.

Does this mean Shelton Benjamin becomes Saba Simba II?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Well the voodoo woman's name was "Mama" something. Draw your own conclusions from that.

I'm glad to hear the "Hirohito" name is being dropped. Although, it does make WWE look bad for just dropping something like that. It reminds me of Booker's letter stalker and "Little Johnny."

They had to drop that. It was Goldust. Goldust left.

Guest Trivia247

Looks like the "Is the WWE Racist" folder will be back in business soon.

Does this mean Shelton Benjamin becomes Saba Simba II?

and they will make Maven pack on the weight and turn him into Kamala 2

They had to drop that. It was Goldust. Goldust left.

They released him. They shouldn't have done that angle when they knew he was leaving.

Guest Fook
There are some wilder angles planned both for new characters and exisisting characters, including a more outlandish reprise of the old Papa Shango character in a new role for Booker T which is supposed to come out of his Undertaker program.

Oh God...

I think Booker can make the gimmick work. I also think it'll get over. Why? Because everyone so far thinks it sucks. It's the Eugene-Effect. When everyone here hates something, it often gets over. I could be wrong though. The Eugene-Effect is still being tested.

I think Booker can make the gimmick work. I also think it'll get over. Why? Because everyone so far thinks it sucks. It's the Eugene-Effect. When everyone here hates something, it often gets over. I could be wrong though. The Eugene-Effect is still being tested.

Just because it's over doesn't mean it's good.

EX. Rikishi

Guest Choken One

wouldn't Orlando Jordan be better for the Papa Shango remix?

He's black...bald and boring...

Booker could pull it off is he took it seriously and I doubt that they'll go full blown Shango with him anyways...maybe just a bit of voodoo stuff to give his character a little more edge...they should stick with the name Hirohito...that name could make a big a difference in how the character gets over

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I loved the papa Shango act.

The Hirohito character was scheduled for a huge push at first, apparently to be the top heel on the Raw side aside from the Evolution group. Vignettes for Hirohito haven't aired in the past two weeks. The character is still in line for a major push, although not at the level first planned which was right near the top of the cards immediately.

Man, that would have been a disaster worse than a Titanic-Hindenburg-Mt. Vesuvius combo. That just...wow. That overshadows Booka Shango.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Undertaker: Hey boss, that Booker T can't work the WWE Style.

Vince: You're right, Taker! Damn it, I'm gonna go to the vault and dig something out. (5 minutes later) Booker, I got a new gimmick for you. Here is a top hat, a skull and bone necklace, and some face paint. You remember Papa Shango? Cause now that's your gimmick.

Booker T: Tell me, you didn't just say that.

Vince: Are you back talking me?! Just for that, you're jobbing to Spike Dudley for the next five months. I GURAN-DAMN-TE IT!

Guest Trivia247
Undertaker: Hey boss, that Booker T can't work the WWE Style.

Vince: You're right, Taker! Damn it, I'm gonna go to the vault and dig something out. (5 minutes later) Booker, I got a new gimmick for you. Here is a top hat, a skull and bone necklace, and some face paint. You remember Papa Shango? Cause now that's your gimmick.

Booker T: Tell me, you didn't just say that.

Vince: Are you back talking me?! Just for that, you're jobbing to Spike Dudley for the next five months. I GURAN-DAMN-TE IT!

Ron killings knocks on the window..

Ron: Hey its K-Kwik!!!! I'll be Papa shango vince!!! let me in.

(Security drags him off)

Vince: Who was that?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Ron killings knocks on the window..

Ron: Hey its K-Kwik!!!! I'll be Papa shango vince!!! let me in.

(Security drags him off)

Vince: Who was that?

Now that's some funny shit right there. All we need is Tony Atlas and the string of black workers that were treated like shit or need work BAD will be complete.

Guest thatdude21601

Dupree wang is indeed greater than Martel wang.

Has anyone seen or heard of this Yasuda guy?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Dupree wang is indeed greater than Martel wang.

Has anyone seen or heard of this Yasuda guy?

...Who?! I don't recall anyone with that name on the WWE or even OVW Roster.

wouldn't Orlando Jordan be better for the Papa Shango remix?

He's black...bald and boring...

Orlando Jordan will be the new Slick and for Shelton, WWE could turn him into this guy:

lil%20john.gif

WHAT?!! OKAAAAYY!!