TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nl5xsk1

Biggest pet peeves

I should do this as a poll, but I'm way too lazy ... so, I'll just ask outright. What things do other people do on this board that drive you crazy? I'm torn between two things:

1) Overusing the 'quote' feature. If you're the second person responding in a thread, no need to quote the original post. If someone can't figure out what you're responding to, they should be more concerned with how far their own head is up their ass than reading a post on a message board. Similarly, if you're responding to the post that'll be right above yours, it's pretty self explanatory. (as a side to this, when someone is only responding to one part of a post but quotes the entire thing drives me nuts ... edit that shit down, and only keep what you're referring to)

2) Ambiguous thread subjects, which I think if found most often in CE. If you're going to post a thread, at least be kind enough to tell the rest of us what it's about ... too many times I click on a thread and ultimately decide it's nothing that I care about, and then just leave it without contributing at all. There's one in CE right now that has 750+ views and only 30-something posts ... tell me that's not a shitload of people checking it out and then realizing that they don't care enough to post.

How about you all, anything just rub you the wrong way on the board? (and, yes, I'm fully ready for at least one person to say "yeah, people bitching on the board bothers me")

Yeah, people bitching on the board bothers me.

Figured I'd get it out of the way early on.

You're welcome...

And I also hate when people don't read all the post in a thread and end up repeating something already said. How long does it take to just read what came before you...jesus.

You're welcome...

And I also hate when people don't read all the post in a thread and end up repeating something already said.  How long does it take to just read what came before you...jesus.

Perhaps if people would bother to READ another person's entire post before providing a lame answer that contributes nothing to the discussion, there wouldn't be that problem...

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Idiots that get away with it because they aren't technically doing anything against the world.

there's a fine line between idioticlly funny (Jeff, BBCW, Kingofthe909) and not (IB, glennsoe, etc)

It's my peeve I know others disagree and that's cool.

Guest Stunt Granny

People who make such posts as "Shouldn't this go in another folder?" "We just had a thread about this 3 weeks ago." If your not a fucking mod then don't fucking act like it. Fucking tools.

I'm just a little teary eyed after you made that post Stunt...

::sobs the salty tears of joy::

Folks should PM us with stuff like that instead. We're more likely to do/catch something like that if PMed.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

meh if it's in HD it's our right...nay our duty to ream people out for the tiniest percieved fault.

You're welcome...

And I also hate when people don't read all the post in a thread and end up repeating something already said. How long does it take to just read what came before you...jesus.

Dude, have you seen how long some of the threads here are? Yeah, if it's a two or three page thing I can deal but I'm not gonna go through 10+ pages of posts to make sure somebody hasn't said the same thing as me. Fuck that.

You're welcome...

And I also hate when people don't read all the post in a thread and end up repeating something already said.  How long does it take to just read what came before you...jesus.

Dude, have you seen how long some of the threads here are? Yeah, if it's a two or three page thing I can deal but I'm not gonna go through 10+ pages of posts to make sure somebody hasn't said the same thing as me. Fuck that.

For the love of...

WHOOSH~!

meh if it's in HD it's our right...nay our duty to ream people out for the tiniest percieved fault.

::prepares firing squad for CWM the dissenter::

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I hate it when Downhome takes exception to something and expresses his displeasure.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

you can not silence me. I have minions!

*summons Agnes and Team G.H.E.Y.*

you can not silence me. I have minions!

*summons Agnes and Team G.H.E.Y.*

If your "minions" are anything like the ones you helped lead during the WDI Invasion...then this fight is already in the bag.

::prepares to edit *all* of CWM's posts::

Guest cobainwasmurdered

You're talking to the guy who helped shut down DDDTwrestling here Sassy my boy.

My minions may be dumb and ugly but they...um....

I dunno. I think FrznPiss has rabies that's sorta a special power.

Guest MikeSC

My pet peeve?

People who brag about trolling on other boards. Jesus, are you that hard up for praise-worthy accomplishments?

-=Mike

Guest cobainwasmurdered

My pet peeve?

People who brag about trolling on other boards. Jesus, are you that hard up for praise-worthy accomplishments?

-=Mike

You're an idiot. I'm joking around with my friend about something from the past. I'm not bragging about trolling on a board.

And shit, you're more of a troll than alot of people that have come through here.

Guest MikeSC
You're an idiot.

Said the guy bragging about trolling. That's some good irony.

I'm joking around with my friend about something from the past.

And shit, you're more of a troll than alot of people that have come through here.

You're just pissed because I rooted for you taste lead when you discussed your desire to kill yourself.

For a lib, you're not very friendly.

-=Mike

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Someone who couldn't string a coherent sentence together to save their life.

Guest MikeSC
Someone who couldn't string a coherent sentence together to save their life.

Discussing personal problems again?

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
You're just pissed because I rooted for you taste lead when you discussed your desire to kill yourself.

My English teacher just burst into flames.

Is that a good thing...or a bad thing?

-=Mike

...The sentence is actually, yechnically, gramatically correct --- just clunky

Guest cobainwasmurdered
You're an idiot.

Said the guy bragging about trolling. That's some good irony.

I'm joking around with my friend about something from the past.

For a lib, you're not very friendly.

-=Mike

That'd be because I'm not a liberal. I'm not any party. I believe in different things from different parties.

I disagree with mass exterminating of any people. I disagree with your opinion about Depression. I don't care that it was me you were rooting on. That makes no difference to me. I just argue my viewpoints.

I think you take things far too extremely. You don't see me acting like HungerforUnger or Cartman. I'm not bright but I'm not that dumb.

And once again I wasn't bragging about trolling another board. You're either misunderstanding the intent of the post are trying to be obtuse.

Makes no real difference. At least you mocked BBCW. That's one goid point.

Guest MikeSC
That'd be because I'm not a liberal. I'm not any party. I believe in different things from different parties.

I disagree with mass exterminating of any people. I disagree with your opinion about Depression. I don't care that it was me you were rooting on. That makes no difference to me. I just argue my viewpoints.

I think you take things far too extremely. You don't see me acting like HungerforUnger or Cartman. I'm not bright but I'm not that dumb.

And once again I wasn't bragging about trolling another board. You're either misunderstanding the intent of the post are trying to be obtuse.

Makes no real difference. At least you mocked BBCW. That's one goid point.

I wouldn't know BBCW if he blew a fart in my face. And after I slapped his dad for having such an unruly kid, I wouldn't care.

Do you honestly think I remember idiots? Heck, I only remember Kamui because he was so over-the-top and, well, I was the one who trashed him in CE. By and large, I couldn't tell you the names of half of the people I dealt with last year.

Heck, I wouldn't remember my rooting for you during your Depression days if you acted like a man once in a while. I'd forget all about that thing if you ever did that.

Get a CORE CONVICTION. Seriously. Might take you far in life.

-=Mike

Guest cobainwasmurdered

BBCW is the kid you insulted two posts ago.

I do have a core conviction.

You just disagree with it.

Guest MikeSC
BBCW is the kid you insulted two posts ago.

I do have a core conviction.

You just disagree with it.

Moles = BBCW? Man, that's just sad. I guess I can grasp the hate now.

-=Mike