TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest slacklet

Nickelodeon to air classic shows all month

Guest slacklet
Every weekday at 5:30 ET in June, Nickelodeon is having a Classic U-Pick in celebration of their 25th Anniversary.

The choices for today were Angry Beavers, Doug and Rocko's Modern Life.

Rocko's Modern Life won and the first episode of the series titled "No Pain, No Gain/Who Gives A Buck?" aired earlier.

The choices for tomorrow are Clarissa Explains It All, The Secret World Of Alex Mack and You Can't Do That On Television.

You can vote for your favorite at the U-Pick Website.

So seeing YCDTOTV has 90% of the vote according to the above site, You Can't Do That On Television will be airing on Nickelodeon today at 5:30 PM ET.

Sweetness.

I also read that Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts are confirmed to be choices later in the month.

Guest slacklet
I'm not a Nick watcher now, but aren't Angry Beavers, Doug and Rocko's Modern Life fairly new shows?...

They aren't on the main channel anymore.

I guess for the current Nick demographic they're all relatively old.

Guest slacklet
hmmm if there gonna show "Hey Dude"...

We have to vote for it though.

If they put it up against Rugrats or something, it's fucked.

Guest OraleHolmes

I remember having a crush on that girl, who is now Ben Stiller's wife.

Here's another one: There was some dumb soap opara-type show about these crazy kids in high school. I can't think of the title though.

There was the jock with the booze problem, some blonde chick that was his girlfriend. Another chick that wanted the jock, and, damn, I can't remember anyone else. I think there was a chinese kid. Oh well...

Guest slacklet
Here's another one: There was some dumb soap opara-type show about these crazy kids in high school. I can't think of the title though.

There was the jock with the booze problem, some blonde chick that was his girlfriend. Another chick that wanted the jock, and, damn, I can't remember anyone else. I think there was a chinese kid. Oh well...

Fifteen

1501.gif

Guest slacklet
I remember having a crush on that girl, who is now Ben Stiller's wife.

Melody was hot.

What is with everyone's strange fascination with Brad?

I thought she was ugly as hell.

I'm not a Nick watcher now, but aren't Angry Beavers, Doug and Rocko's Modern Life fairly new shows?...

Compared to You Can't Do That on Television, yes. And Angry Beavers IS still fairly new, I guess, since it started in like 1997/98 and ended in 00/01. Doug and Rocko I think are old enough to be considered classic now, though.

Guest Mr. Wrestling

Instead of doing this "You Pick" stuff with the new shows, why not air those shows everyday in like a 2 hour block? That's 4 shows per day for 30 days which means 120 shows. Easy solution and it could bring in ratings better than a "You Pick" seeing as the show is pre-advertised.

Speaking of old Nick shows, I seem to remember some show where a black guy was talking about space. The specifics escape me but it was supposed to be some educational show. Hopefully someone other than me remembers this show and can help me.

Guest slacklet
Speaking of old Nick shows, I seem to remember some show where a black guy was talking about space. The specifics escape me but it was supposed to be some educational show. Hopefully someone other than me remembers this show and can help me.

There was a show that Nickelodeon produced with NASA in the early-90's for Cable In The Classroom called Launch Box.

Was that it?

Instead of doing this "You Pick" stuff with the new shows, why not air those shows everyday in like a 2 hour block? That's 4 shows per day for 30 days which means 120 shows. Easy solution and it could bring in ratings better than a "You Pick" seeing as the show is pre-advertised.

That would be awesome (especially if they had Wild and Crazy Kids, Rocko's Modern Life, Salute Your Shorts, Mr. Wizard, What Would You Do?, and Double Dare --- dare...DOUBLE DARE...PHYSICAL CHALLENGE!)

Guest The Last Free Voice

Salute your Shorts!!! That was my SHOW when I was a kid. (Okay, when I was smaller) We HAVE to get that on the air. (Although last summer they had it on the Games and Sports channel)

Nice. I watched "You Can't Do That..." all the time as a kid, as well as Turkey TV and Dangermouse.

Oh, shit! MEMORIES~!

I may actually try to catch YCDTOTV today. Hopefully it's an earlier show (i.e. with Moose, Lisa, Kevin, etc.) and not a later show.

I remember that show! God this brings back memories *rocks back and forth in chair while smoking pipe*

Damn I wanted Legend of the Hidden Temple, too.

I may actually try to catch YCDTOTV today. Hopefully it's an earlier show (i.e. with Moose, Lisa, Kevin, etc.) and not a later show.

I liked that Alex (?) kid -- when he started he was short then grew like a weed...

Guest slacklet
Damn I wanted Legend of the Hidden Temple, too.

The U-Pick site already has logos uploaded for the rest of the month - here's the ones I've been able to find so far:

Legends Of The Hidden Temple img_old_leg.gif

Figure It Out img_old_fig.gif

The Adventures of Pete & Pete img_old_pet.gif

GUTS img_old_gut.gif

My Brother And Me img_old_dud.gif

Salute Your Shorts img_old_sal.gif

The Mystery Files Of Shelby Woo img_old_woo.gif

Double Dare img_old_dd2.gif

That's Cousin Skeeter. I hope they really meant My Brother & Me, though, because that show was pretty good.

Guest slacklet

That's Cousin Skeeter. I hope they really meant My Brother & Me, though, because that show was pretty good.

The weird thing is, the picture is actually labeled as Hey Dude.

Thanks for the correction - I knew it was either Cousin Skeeter or My Brother and Me in the pic.

Hopefully it's just Hey Dude and they mixed up the photos.

Guest slacklet

Um - oh shit:

Clarissa Explains It All - 46%

You Can't Do That on Television - 53%

The Secret World of Alex Mack - 1%

Vote People!

Guest Dynamite Kido

Here is an old nick show for everybody. Who remembers Special Delivery? It was a show where when it closed down the male manican would come alive and kinda hang out with this chick that worked in the toy store. Actually.....I have no clue how the hell I watched this as a kid.....