TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Art Sandusky

The One and Only Bad Blood PPV Thread

The match was too long and didn't have any definite spot. They should have left the cell. Besides, all of tonight's finishes pretty much blew. Roll-up on Kane, roll-up on Benjamin with tights, roll-up on Lita, and 20 minute finisher segment featuring 3 Pedigrees. Whoop-de-freakin-do.

Bad Blood 2004: The night of roll-ups and the never-ending feud.

Guest Monday Night Jericho

That was a 10 minute match trapped inside the body of a 47 minute match.

At least the Benjamin/ Orton feud continues... but what does this mean for Tomko considering he lost?

Guest Trivia247
At least the Benjamin/ Orton feud continues... but what does this mean for Tomko considering he lost?

At the very least Tomko Ressurected the old Papa Shango Power Shoulderbreaker.

I think it means hes not the next Lesnar. Actually, not even the next Batista.

At the very least Tomko Ressurected the old Papa Shango Power Shoulderbreaker.

Plus the Boss Man Slam!

That was the single most boring Hell In A Cell match ever. Absolutely horrible. The only story it told was that they hated each other, and we knew that already. About 20 minutes too long, and if HBK's elbow off the ladder (a good three feet drop!) was meant to be the high spot, then I want my money back.

Why waste a Hell In A Cell match when you don't even use it? Why couldn't they have just had a cage match?

Guest TheAustralian

I thought the Hell in a Cell was actually the only high point of a well below average ppv.

The low point would have to of been Benoit's interview before the main, I fell asleep.

I'm even more surprised by the fact HHH didn't use the sledgehammer.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking
I thought the Hell in a Cell was actually the only high point of a well below average ppv.

The low point would have to of been Benoit's interview before the main, I fell asleep.

Oh get fucked, the PPV wasn't at all "well below average" considering everything else we've gotten.

Hell in a Cell was very hard to rate... I mean, there wasn't any of the tremendous wrestling in the actual wrestling portion of the match that we know these guys can pull off, nor was there when foreign objects were introduced.

I was worried, because if it dragged on at the start, then the longer it goes, the more it's going to suck, but it couldn't be short.

Some of the weapon shorts were below average too, and the Diving Elbow from the ladder through the table was overrated, even if it was good on for Michaels for actually selling the preceedings.

But there was just something about it... The best part was towards the end, when the suspense was building. The near falls went a bit overboard, but I still have to appreciate the day and what happened after it. I'm obligated to do so. But I was fucking disappointed.

Wrestler-wise, the right guy went over, but feud-wise, not so.

Guest BionicRedneck

Oh, and JR's post match "I will never forget this as long as I live" crap, was really bad, even for Ross.

Oh, and JR's post match "I will never forget this as long as I live" crap, was really bad, even for Ross.

But J.R. says that all the time. Espically at PPVs.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

But J.R. says that all the time. Espically at PPVs.

At least from a WWE announcer perspective, it's definitely understandable for it to be said there.

And now of course HHH, HBK, and JR are gonna say it was the greatest HIAC match of all time!

nevermind I found some.

For those that want to know:

Triple H defeats Shawn Michaels

Chris Benoit def. Kane

Trish Stratus def. Lita, Victoria and Gail Kim (pinning Lita)

Randy Orton def. Shelton Benjamin

Chris Jericho def. Tyson Tomko

La Resistance def. Chris Benoit and Edge (DQ)

Eugene def. Coach

nevermind I found some.

For those that want to know:

Triple H defeats Shawn Michaels

Chris Benoit def. Kane

Trish Stratus def. Lita, Victoria and Gail Kim (pinning Lita)

Randy Orton def. Shelton Benjamin

Chris Jericho def. Tyson Tomko

La Resistance def. Chris Benoit and Edge (DQ)

Eugene def. Coach

No... Chris Benoit and Edge defeated La Resistance via DQ.

Tag Match: Edge And Benoit by DQ after Kane interfered

Tomko vs. Jericho-Jericho

IC Title Match: Randy Orton

Women's Title Match: Trish

Eugene vs. Coach-Eugene

World heavyweight championship: Chris Benoit

HIAC: HHH

But that was WrestleMania, not a throwaway PPV like Bad Blood.

What the hell's that got to do with it?

WrestleMania is viewed as WWE's biggest PPV. As such, the World Title Match at WM is usually the match with the most build up. World Title + build-up = main event.

That still doesn't change the fact that HHH is a hypocrite for saying that the World title match should go last when HE'S wrestling for it, and then having himself put into the main event spot for a non-title match, no matter what the show is.

Guest Rrrsh
But that was WrestleMania, not a throwaway PPV like Bad Blood.

What the hell's that got to do with it?

WrestleMania is viewed as WWE's biggest PPV. As such, the World Title Match at WM is usually the match with the most build up. World Title + build-up = main event.

That still doesn't change the fact that HHH is a hypocrite for saying that the World title match should go last when HE'S wrestling for it, and then having himself put into the main event spot for a non-title match, no matter what the show is.

OF COURSE that changes it. There are varying circumstances around this card that makes it drastically diffrent than WM X8.

That main event was fucking horrible. All the shit they did we've seen before and could have been done in either a streetfight or steel cage setting.

J.R. overselling it like it was the most damning match he's ever seen is stupid when we can pop in a tape of King of the Ring 1998 or No Way Out 2000 and see a 15x more brutal match.

I just got back from the show here's my thoughts

Well whattaya know, Tomko didn't blow

Evolution is over bigtime in OHIO, and may I just say I'm officially a member of the Cult of Batista

Surprised they didn't have Edge turn on Benoit, probably saving that for RAW (which I'll be at as well)

Okay, the Main Event was all right, but DEAR GOD could they have shaved off 10-15 minutes on that thing, a match doesn't need to be long to have an epic feel to it.

I'm no good at star ratings, so I'll just say for a 27.00 ticket, it was a damn good time.

There are varying circumstances around this card that makes it drastically diffrent than WM X8.

Such as?

Tough to judge since I was watching at a Hooters and it was hard to pay attention at times and the audio couldn't be heard much but it seemed like a thouroughly average show that I wouldn't have been happy ordering...

Benoit/Edge def. La Rez by DQ: Seemed like an average tag match, not much in house reactions but big pop when Kane's entrance hit. Cheap finish and disappointing that they didn't pull the trigger on an Edge turn. *3/4

Jericho def Tomko by pin: Tomko is so not ready. They were smart to keep this short. I'm suprised Jericho won clean, I thought Christian would run in for something. *

Orton def. Benjamin by pin: First match of the night that the whole place was really into and got a great reaction. Orton got huge pops for his interview especially when he eyed that girl in the front row and then when he slipped on the ropes. Benjamin reminded me a lot of Sting in his offense both with the way he threw his hits and the splashes. Naitch got a big pop coming out as did the creative spot where Benjamin had Flair in the F4 and rolled up Orton. OK finish, hopefully this feud continues. ***3/4

Trish Stratus def Gail Kim, Victoria and Lita by pin: Yet another rollup. A short match that the place was mostly dead for. *

Eugene def Coach by pin: This match got HUGE reaction and was the most entertaining of the night. Place loved Eugene. Spots where he curled into a ball and got rolled around, did the JYD headbutts and then lifted his leg, the spinning body lock all of it got pops. THe finish with the Rock Bottom/People's Elbow combo had the place explode. Just awesome. **

Benoit def Kane by pin: Second best match of the night and definitely not a stinker. Kane played the unstoppable monster well and Benoit did a good job chopping him down. The snot spot before the headbutt got a big pop. Many thought the chokeslam out of the crossface was the finish. Everyone wanted to see Kane tap and were calling for it but the rollup was good enough. ***1/2

HHH def. HBK by pin: Oh god, this match was way too long for a whole lot of nothing. Was an egotistical lovefest it was between these 2. People throughout the place were rapidly losing interest and openly yawning (including myself). Pedestrian most of the way with punch, punch, fall to the floor, lie around, repeat. Spots that got pops were the backbreaker into the chair, Shawn's stiff chairshots and the elbowdrop through the table (which we've seen so much more before it just didn't effect me at all). The pedigree and Superkick false finishes were good too but they took way too much time just laying around. There was such a dead atmosphere for the match. I didn't think the blood was so much either being that we've seen much better cuts from both in the past. Disappointed in HHH winning, Shawn should have won the blowoff and it's not like it would hurt HHH or he had a title to lose or anything. Disappointing finish to the show. **

So, Im gonna have to download some matches to rewatch but I really liked the IC title, World title and Eugene matches, thought HITC went way too long, was generally boring and not that buzzworthy and everything else was below average.

There are varying circumstances around this card that makes it drastically diffrent than WM X8.

Such as?

Triple H isn't fighting for the title in the main event. That's for Summerslam.

Yeah, only the fact that Bad Blood is a "throwaway" can justify how the most hyped match on the card gets placed at the main event without a title on the line, but the most hyped match on the biggest PPV of the year gets shoved to number two because a blatantly obvious championship job to the same guy who believes the title is all that matters is so much better. The hypocrisy boggles my mind.

But at least the Lakers lost, so I'm not all that mad I missed what at best I'm hearing is a mediocre show.