TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrainYou42

Coolest song parts?

Guest Choken One

Life of Agony-The Stain Remains

3:21 into the sound...The next 25 seconds is amazing.

The opening two minutes of Emperor's Ye Entrancemperium makes a bitch out of anything slayer has ever done.

Anyone else for that matter in my opinion

LIES!

Anyway.... Cool song parts:

1. The frenzied solo at the end of "Raining Blood". Metal excellence, kids.

2. All 11 minutes and 43 seconds of "Unas, Slayer of the Gods". The greatest death metal song. Ever.

3. "The purpose of this exercise is to accentuate the cheesier parts!" from "Far Beyond Metal" by SYL. What a brilliant song.

Guest slacklet
Phil Collins? PHIL FUCKING COLLINS?@!

I didn't even bother to look at anything after I saw that one.

"In The Air Tonight" is a sweet song.

And yes, the drums coming in is a kick-ass moment in rock music.

2:57 to 4:34 of "Exhale" by System F rules that whole list and the songs mentioned here.

0:53 to 2:28 of "We Will Survive" by the Warp Brothers is some phat-up shit, and easily rocks anything in this thread too.

1:09 to 2:18 of "The Devil is a DJ" by D-Devils is also a great segment.

"Nothing But You" by Paul Van Dyk's wordless female vocal is a song-long cool part. I'd say from the beginning to 1:03 is the best though.

3:07 of "Climbing Up the Walls" by Radiohead is also amazing.

The opening guitar of "Airbag" is great.

1:51 of "How to Roll a Blunt" by Redman is beautiful. "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!"

As Edwin noted when the album came out, Kylie's two rap-ish parts in "Secret" butter my muffin every time.

Any time Kylie sings the chorus for "Confide in Me."

When Kylie starts singing "How does it feel" on the "Can't Get Blue Monday Out of My Head" remix.

The bridge into and the chorus of "Bye Bye Baby (Baby Goodbye)" by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. You can't help but get into it.

3:54 of "Lonely Road of Faith" by Kid Rock, where the song unwinds after the harder part, gave me chills when I first heard it.

The final chorus of "Hey Ya." It's where you're finally drawn in completely and have to play it again immediately when the song ends.

If I keep going I'll never stop, so yeah.

"In The Air Tonight" is a sweet song.

And yes, the drums coming in is a kick-ass moment in rock music.

Gotta agree. It was from before that point where Phil Collins started sucking.

How could you not love the end of Los Lobos' remake of La Bamba?  Taking the Ritchie Valens' classic and calling it their own, Los Lobos kicks ass all over the place with this song.  My knowledge of Mexican culture is pretty much limited to Robert Rodriguez movies and watching La Parka wrestle, but I know what I like, and that traditional guitar jamming like Mariachis on speed hits your head like a pinata and doesn't relent until every piece of candy is spilled to the ground.

For some reason I found this funny.

Song parts I like (which oddly enough you may hear at a sports venue near you):

- The guitar hook in "The Distance" by Cake.

- "Rock and Roll, part 2" by Gary Glitter. Na na naaah nah - HEY! - na na nah

- "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye". Was most recently sung yesterday by the crowd in Auburn Hills, MI to the Los Angeles Lakers.

- The opening guitar in "The Hockey Song" by Stompin' Tom Connors. What can I say, I'm a hoser at heart.

- Something that grew on me was "American Badass" from Kid Rock. The drum solo that leads into "I... AM... American Badass" is just fun.

that last 30 seconds or so of "The Patient" by Tool (probably my favorite Tool song, for some reason)

the entire song rocks, but the last breakdown of "3 Libras" by A Perfect Circle...man Maynard has a beautiful voice!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The keyboard and guitar mingling together on Ween's "Demon Sweat."

I love the drumming right before the final chorus of Tool's "46 & 2." Danny carey does some pretty sweet stuff on the skins to set up the end of the song. Awesomeness.

The intro to Dropkick Murphys "The Spicy McHaggis Jig" owns. What can I say? I'm a sucker for bagpipes.

The way Bon Scott says But he made it out/With a bullet in his back in "Jailbreak" is some of the baddest ass vocals ever recorded.

The second solo to Thin Lizzy's "Cowboy Song" is just perfect.

Guest JebusNassedar

Although this doesnt count, the sudden transfer from Clip The Apex,..Accept Instruction to Calculating Infinity in Dillinger Escape Plan's "Calculating Infinity" damn near had me on the floor.

If it was to just be one song...I'm stuck between the schizophrenic riff in Mars Volta's Drunkship of Lanterns, the muffled rambling in Type O Negative's Angry Inch, and Les Claypool spanking his bass in Tommy The Cat. Of course, this is my crazy ass opinion.

Have to agree with the Pistols and the Phil Collins entries. I'd also make mention of:

-the final verse of "Hope St" by the Levellers, where they cut out all the instruments just before the line "You seem to think they like it there, hanging out on Hope Street"

-the intro to "Geno" by Dexy's Midnight Runners

-the way "Bitte Ein Kuss" by OneLineDrawing comes to almost a total stop, before Jonah starts softly singing again

-the final thirty seconds of "New Noise" by Refused, where Dennis is screaming "The new beat" over and over again

The break in Slayer's raining blood before the guitar kicks in and/or right at "awaiting the hour of reprisal your time slips...a..way *drums*"

OR

towards the end of Pantera's domination at the end of the guitar shriek

OR

when the door closes/the audio changes in Pink Floyd's "wish you were here"

On the Resident's Roadworms CD, which is a reworking of the bible stories concpet album Wormwood, There is a largely new song called abraham. It is the scariest piece of music I have ever heard, with the throatiest of make vocals and the sweetest of female vocals in a hellish duet, with their voices coming together before the maniacal church organ climax in a moment of etheral euphoria. Agent in particular, might like it.

Guest JacK

I don't really like eminem songs, but I love the backing music in 'lose yourself' . . . I think it's because RPM looped it for around 15 minutes straight as backing for a V8 video.

Hmm . . . I can't think of many others at the moment since I'm nearly dying of coldness.

I'm not clicking on that link, but "In the Air Tonight" is pretty sweet.

Elitist snob.

The name of the list is "coolest song parts". Say that out loud.

I just looked at some of the other stuff, and most of it is actually worse.

Phil Collins is the devil.

My favorite "song part" (that sounds awkward, but whatever) is the end of The Hip's Grace Too. Surround sound makes it flow right through your body and gives you tinglies. Neatness.