TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Dennis Rodman coming to TNA

It was confirmed today to the wrestlers at the Impact tapings in Orlando that former NBA Star Dennis Rodman would be coming to TNA.

"The controversial Rodman has worked three PPV main events as a professional wrestler. Rodman teamed with Hulk Hogan in the main event of WCW's Bash at the Beach '97 PPV in Daytona Beach, Florida, losing to Lex Luger and The Giant. He returned a year later, teaming with Hogan again, this time defeating Diamond Dallas Page and fellow NBA star Karl Malone. Rodman was made a member of the New World Order during his WCW appearances and once made headlines blowing off basketball commitments to appear on Monday Nitro.

In a taped PPV that aired in December 2000, the late Curt Hennig defeated Rodman via disqualification in the main event of the lone iGeneration Wrestling PPV from Australia.

The outlandish Rodman played for a number of basketball teams during his NBA career including The Chicago Bulls, The Detroit Pistons, The Los Angeles Lakers, The Dallas Mavericks, and the San Antonio Spurs."

Rodman also wrestled Macho Man Randy Savage at WCW Road Wild 1999.

Credit: PWInsider

You beat me to it, I think this is great, I know 'The Worm' isn't that great of a worker, but neither is Jonny Fairplay. I hope he appears at the show on Wednesday.

Guest MikeSC

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!

My God, how out of touch is TNA?

Bringing in a former NBA player who has been out of the spotlight for YEARS now?

Jesus.

I'd like to hear ANYBODY try and explain how TNA is the "wrestling company" as opposed to the WWE now.

-=Mike

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!

Bringing in a former NBA player who has been out of the spotlight for YEARS now?

Jesus.

I'd like to hear ANYBODY try and explain how TNA is the "wrestling company" as opposed to the WWE now.

-=Mike

Rodman was on Howard Stern recently and spoke about making an NBA comeback next season.

Guest MikeSC
BWA HA HA HA HA HA!

Jesus.

-=Mike

Rodman was on Howard Stern recently and spoke about making an NBA comeback next season.

I actually pondered that because I remember John Salley and Isaiah Thomas discussing the possibility.

-=Mike

...STILL makes this one f'n horrible move.

And what about somebody like Tyson who was away from boxing for what, 3 years? Came back for 1 fight and made every headline on every news broadcast and every news paper? People can go "Dennis Rodman? Ha, what is he doing now?" and MAYBE tune in.

Guest MikeSC
It's better than Urlacher or Fairplay or the Tenessee Titans.

No, it's, sadly, WORSE --- seeing as how Urlacher and the Titans are athletes and not circus freaks.

-=Mike

yeah, but wrestling bears an uncanny resemblance to circus freaks.

after all, didn't TNA just use Jeff Hardy?

I have an idea they can steal. Have Fairplay and Rodman in a match, and then have Killings come out, kick both of their asses, and say how crappy they wrestle.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I gotta jump on board with Mike on this one. The biggest thing Rodman's done this century has been celebrity mole. Terrible move unless he is paying them.

Guest Dynamite Kido

WTF? WHY? What would bringing in Rodman actually add in a positive light to this company? They really need to get on the ball here, because if they keep insisting on doing stuff like this then they really are missing the point.

Guest The Last Free Voice

This has horrible idea spraypainted all over it. I mean, how can ANYONE at TNA possibly justify this?

NWA TNA Sucks.

Opinion solely based on both the recent PPV and this thread.

TNA doesn't Suck, but they're on their way with shit like this. They look even more like wCw 2004 if they're serious about this. And even if it did get Sportcenter exposure, it's not like they mention the fact that it's TNA wrestling at 3 pm on Fox Sports Net. They just say that Rodman was wrestling again. Total shitfest here.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I'm all for painting a positive picture, but this is rediculous. TNA now has a complete stoner party backstage. This company has NO chance with the likes of Rodman and Hardy. Not only because they suck, but they are both due to choke on their on vomit. I realize that it's a wrestling company, but these guys have no principles. I guess I shouldn't be shocked, they hired Luger to capitalize on his girlfriends death.

i'm with the Mike here. Rodman was one of WCW's stupidest moves, and its really not surprising that TNA is working with him. this sucks for so many reasons its not even funny. if TNA wants to be WCW Lite, that's their own fault. you'd think that after all the years since WCW went out of business, that people would have a better hold on what not to do with a wrestling company. this is one of those things.

Guest MikeSC
It's getting bad now. Also, you people yell "We want Mike Sanders, he can talk!" and then yell "Don't make TNA into WCW!"

Not me. I NEVER saw the appeal of Mike Sanders, either in WCW OR in TNA.

-=Mike

Guest whitemilesdavis
We want Mike Sanders

Mike Sanders is not FRIGGING Dennis Rodman.

I'll order to see him.

And I promise I'll never order a show with him on it, so we cancel each other out.

And I promise I'll never order a show with him on it, so we cancel each other out

Not that I'm defending bringing in Rodman, but I would say I wouldn't order any shows with him on there either, but if I had a match from the Styles/Daniels series they are talking about, I'd order and then come on here and bitch and moan about Rodman. I'm sure that's what they're going for. Guys like us will order to see the kick ass match and guys like him will order to see Rodman. That's about the only attempt at sense I can make of this move. And it's a stretch, I will readily admit that.

It's getting bad now.  Also, you people yell "We want Mike Sanders, he can talk!" and then yell "Don't make TNA into WCW!"

Not me. I NEVER saw the appeal of Mike Sanders, either in WCW OR in TNA.

-=Mike

I've never liked him.

AND WE GO BACK ON TOPIC...according to Da Meltz, Rodman's appearance is a one-off deal, which makes me feel waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better about this company. Here's the quote:

The Dennis Rodman appearance on TNA Impact that airs on Friday is a one-shot deal as an attempt to get mainstream publicity for the show

I'm all for painting a positive picture, but this is rediculous. TNA now has a complete stoner party backstage. This company has NO chance with the likes of Rodman and Hardy. Not only because they suck, but they are both due to choke on their on vomit. I realize that it's a wrestling company, but these guys have no principles. I guess I shouldn't be shocked, they hired Luger to capitalize on his girlfriends death.

How do you figure? They hired Luger to stay in Sting's good graces, since Sting was the biggest name they had at that point, and he was holding them up, saying he wouldn't work unless Luger could get some work. His appearing had nothing to do with Elizabeth's death, and they never, EVER mentioned the event on TNA PPV, so how did they "capitalize"?