TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angel_Grace_Blue

Promo: The Return

“Come on Ted, you can do it! One more, just one more!”

*CLANK*

The sound of metal upon metal is heard from every corner of the small gym. Ted finishes his reps, stands up and looks at the newest person to enter, a well-defined woman with a duffel bag slung over her right shoulder.

“Hey baby, today’s your lucky day.” Ted says, staring at her.

“And why exactly is that?” the woman asks, a slight southern drawl audible.

“You’ve got free tickets to the gun show” he says, flexing his arms.

She looks away, stifling a laugh, and sees the bar he’d been lifting.

“How much does that weigh, one thirty?” she asks, finding it even harder not to laugh.

“Yeah, right. One forty five, baby.” He replies, continuing to flex.

She ultimately has to look down to stop from laughing. That’s when she sees something. Something awful.

“Uh, you might want to tuck that in.” she says, pointing at his crotch and walking towards the back of the gym to a door.

“It’s seven and a...” but Ted’s interrupted as she closes the door and sees a shoddy wrestling ring, two teenagers practicing various bumps as a large man watches on.

“So, Andrea, you’re really going to go through with this and go back?” he asks.

“Yes, Zutroy, I’ve told you before. You can’t talk me out of it. I’m going back to the SWF.” Andrea Montgomery tells her brother.

“Okay, it’s just that ... You son of a bitch! You’re damned lucky this tequila is good or you’d be learning how to sell a bottle to the face right now!” Zutroy shouts at one of his pupils.

“Look, I’ve got to go in a bit, so just go ahead and say what you want so I can leave.” Andrea says, a little exasperated.

“Sorry, it’s just those damn punks. Anyway, you sure you want to go? I can’t teach these skinny bastards that flip-flop shit. You know I can barely walk after all of those surgeries. Like my new cart? It’s the Hummer of electric carts.”

“Zutroy, it is a Hummer. It’s a kid’s car, like one of those Barbie convertible things.”

“Yeah, well, it’s pretty kickass. But back to the topic at hand. You do know that he’s not going to come back just because you’re in the SWF, right? You do realize that, right? It’s not like he’ll be watching the BBC or whatever, see you in the ring and say to himself, ‘Hey, I should go back. I haven’t contacted her at all since I’ve left. I really should do that.’ ”

“I know that, okay. I know I won’t make him come back or anything.”

“Then why are you going back there? I don’t see any reason. You proved you could manage on your own with your first run. It’s not like you’re strapped for cash or anything, either.”

“I guess I’m going back because I feel that I left against my will.” Andrea explains.

“Oh, well, I’m so sorry that Mom got sick and I fucked up my knees and couldn’t take care of her so you had to leave the fed. Sorry for that inconvenience to you.”

“That’s not what I meant, dammit! I don’t hold anything against you, and you knew full well that I had informed Grant that the second I heard something about Mom I’d leave, and that’s just what I did. I admit, I was selfish. Part of me wanted her to get better just so I could go back.” As Andrea is speaking, her duffel bag falls open, revealing something inside she tries to cover up but Zutroy sees it.

“You liar! You said that you going back had nothing to do with him! I’ve already told you, HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU ANYMORE! If he did, you would have heard from him by now. He doesn’t care, so you haven’t. Get that in your head!” Zutroy screams.

“You can think that if you want. I have a plane to catch. Bye.”

With that last exchange with her brother, Andrea Montgomery goes back through the door, to come face to face with Ted.

“Hey baby, where you going so fast? Come on, hang around a bit. The gun show’s still on, you know.”

Andrea, still fuming over her brother’s comments, stares at Ted before shoving him into a rack of free weights and continues walking outside. She walks up to a parked cab and climbs into the back.

“Airport, please.” As the car starts up, Andrea reaches into her bag and pulls out a photograph of her and Divefire, hanging out after an event. “I’ll show you how bright I can burn...”

Guest Fire and Knives

This makes fun of Thoth.

This is awesome.

Welcome back.

K.

Job forever? Hah! This is like a one-way ticket to the world title, this is.

'Why you never promoed...' bah! This was great, if a little short. Anything that mocks Thoth is A+, but along with some comedy, this had pretty solid character establishment and provided the core parts of a real story. Andrea's going to need a few more of these to re-establish her in the minds of everyone else, but this is a good start.

-Z

I'll say this much; as old-timer's returns go, it beats the hell out of Munich's return (with all due respect), who basically just showed back up and was, like, "hey, it's me, Munich; I'm back!"

I don't know what you were worrying about 'Drea, it's a great promo which sets up your next run nicely.

Comment on the promo kthxbye.

Guest Suicide King

Hee hee. Thoth.

Remember when he used to be taken seriously? ;)

Guest Horse hockey!

Comment for GOdrea,

Nice promo. Liked the characterization of Andrea. Hope to see more of the backstory.

And thank you for not kicking me from chat.