• Sweet Child Of Mine
    • Patience
    • Don't Cry
    • November Rain
    • Estranged
    • Mr. Brownstone
    • You Could Be Mine

Guest ian.

I've always had a soft spot for Don't Cry.

Might be because of Shannon Hoon on that track, but then again you can barely hear him.

Guest Anticrombie

I voted for Mr. Brownstone.

However, my favorite GNR song is probably between One In A Million and Sympathy For The Devil.

Guest Anticrombie
Wow, "Sympathy"? That cover sucked a dick.

Agreed on "One In A Million" however. A couple words in there took away from what was actually a fantastic song.

I know a lot of people hate the cover of Sympathy, but I like just as much as the original...maybe more.

I like One In A Million just the way it is with every word Axl uses, I look at it as him singing in character. Plus if he hates Ni**ers and immigrants so much then why was he ok with Slash being in the band (and I've heard Slash's remarks about the song, if it bothered him so much he should've taken a stand against it.)

Also, isn't his current wardrobe consisted of an oversized jersey, baggy pants, and a bandanna covering his dreadlocks. Why would white trash hate ni**ers only to dress like a rapper.

This is coming from a guy who is not white, and whose parents and relatives were born and raised in India.

It was a tough one but I ended up picking..."Paradise City".

Although the rest of those songs are all good too!

Guest Coffey

I like their remake of Knockin' on Heaven's Door actually. I grew up on Welcome to the Jungle & Sweet Child O'Mine though. I voted for Mr. Brownstone because I've been listening to it a lot more recently.

It's So Easy, Dust N Bones, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Pretty Tied Up and Locomotive are my favorites...of the ones listed i'd take You Could Be Mine, it's what really got me into liking them (yeah I was a Johnny-Come-Lately with them)...

sidenote: One In A Million, i swear I heard somewhere that the song was a reflection of how he first felt when he got to LA but had since changed his opinions once he was able to open his eyes (he even started to support NWA at some point in 91)...a different take i heard was that the song was about a kid stepping away from small town USA and experiencing the big city life for the first time (which I guess is his case)...maybe i'm wrong...the song doesn't offend me *shrugs*

Paradise City, hands down. The ultimate rock n' roll tune that is full of so much fuckin' energy, it almost blows your ear drums. Axl's vocal work towards the end of the song is nothing short of spectacular either.

Welcome To The Jungle is a close second, though.

UYI

Of the ones listed I had to pick Paradise City.

My actual favorite song of theirs is Rocket Queen. I think it's the real standout track off of Appetite because it does a very good job of showing the different directions their music goes in.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Its So Easy and Rocket Queen are probably the remaining two GNR songs I can say I like a whole lot.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I went with Jungle, but I like Paradise City and Sweet Child too.

I'd have to go for Novemeber Rain for two reasons:

A) I grew up watching MTV & MTV2

and

B) I love the needlessness of 75% of the song.

Guest The Notorious CRD

"Estranged" is by far my favorite GnR song. Great song, cool video, it had it all.

Guest MissMattitude

'Welcome To The Jungle' is my favourite, followed by 'Paradise City'

sidenote: One In A Million, i swear I heard somewhere that the song was a reflection of how he first felt when he got to LA but had since changed his opinions once he was able to open his eyes (he even started to support NWA at some point in 91)...a different take i heard was that the song was about a kid stepping away from small town USA and experiencing the big city life for the first time (which I guess is his case)...maybe i'm wrong...the song doesn't offend me *shrugs*

Basically yes, that's true. The "One In A Million" part of the song comes from the one guy who gave him a hand and helped him when he first got to town........this was a black guy btw, so calling the song racist is ridiculous. Anti-Gay? Yeah, probably.

Also, I'm a big fan of all the love "Rocket Queen" is getting. Probably their best overall song. I didn't put it on the poll, cause I wasn't sure how many of you would know it.

This is a tough question. It really depends on what kind of mood I'm in and what is going on.

Estranged is what I'd consider to be GnR's "best" song. It has so many levels and so much going on.

Rocket Queen and Coma are probably tied with Estranged for my favorites.

But, Welcome to the Jungle is my all time fav to hear at any sporting event. When that first guitar riff comes on and the whole crowd pops, you just can't beat it.