TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
starvenger

Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle

What the hell is a White Castle?

White Castle is one of the first hamburger chains, primarily located in the midwestern U.S. They're renowned for their cheap, small, square, steamed "slider" burgers. Being that quite a few are open 24 hours, it's a favorite of late-night partiers, college students, stoners, insomniacs, etc.

I am sure it is not "official", but if it is coming out in two weeks they must not have a problem with it.

Given that WC is promoting it on their site, it must be official.

The thing is, there is just so much funny shit you can do with White Castle. The problem is however that there are a lot of places in the country with no WCs, thus quite a few people don't know what it is and won't get some of the jokes.

Seriously, this is one of the only movies that will have completely justified fart jokes.

Guest Choken One

I love White Castles but wouldn't a

"Harold and Kumar go to Waffle House" be even better?

Oh god, you don't know Waffle House either? Obviously you have never been to the south. If you go to the Carolinas, TN, or even FL there are all sorts of Waffle Houses. It's a seedy, dingy breakfast place that mainly serves waffles but you can also get steaks and chicken sandwiches too.

The amusing thing is that I live practically next to a White Castle and slightly farther down the road is a Waffle House. Also within a mile radius is a Wendy's, Hardees, McDonald's, Outback, Shoney's, Frisch's, Sub Station, Indi's (local ghetto Indian chicken, possible front for a crack ring), Arby's, Golden Wall (local Chinese food)...and that's about it.

I've been to practically all of these aside from the Waffle House. I won't go near that place, haha.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

just imagine....

Harold & Kumar Go To Whataburger!

Harold & Kumar Go To Sonic

Harold & Kumar Go To Checkers

Harold & Kumar Go To Bruce Lee Kitchen

Harold & Kumar Go To Johnny Rockets

Harold & Kumar Go To Red Robin

Harold & Kumar Go To Fudruckers

Harold & Kumar Go To Mr. Pizza

I smell franchise....

Guest SP-1

Alright, time out.

You fools have to recognize the greatness of the Awful Waffle. Waffle House is an amazing place. Some friends and I meet there every Thursday night. Our waitress is the same and she is awesome every week.

Perhaps I am biased though. There are some waffle houses with nazi-like protocol and terrible service.

Guest Choken One

Waffle House Hashbrowns covered and chunked owns white castles fartburgers.

Guest evenflowDDT

Chalk me up as someone else who's never been to a White Castle, and is still looking forward to the movie...although you guys are scaring me with your talk of fart jokes.

I was joking guys. I know of Waffle House, being a resident of NC. Every fucking hotel in every fucking town and city and random shithole has a Waffle House somewhere with 50 yards of it.

The experiance varies, depending on the location of the store, it's proximity to major sporting and concert arenas, and how broke the place may be. A local Waffle House just closed down recently, and before it closed, I made the mistake of going in. The entire place smelled like bleach, and the food was cold and poopy. I was surrounded by a bunch of hicks with no teeth.

But, Waffle House could be a blessing. Many a time, I have left a concert venue, and through a God-given ability, found a Waffle House to eat at in the dead of night. Those experiances are always great.

So in conclusion, what the fuck is an In-&-Out? Is this some bizarre sexual behavior?

So in conclusion, what the fuck is an In-&-Out? Is this some bizarre sexual behavior?

It's a Kevin Kline movie, but that's not really important right now...

Yeah, yeah, I know ==> :bonk: + :gas: + :phaser: + :firing:

Anyways, it's a multi-regional burger joint, similar to Hardees and Carl Jr's I think...

Yeah, I'm continually fascinated by how some burger chains are different in various parts of the country. For instance in some areas White Castle is more like a Krystal, and out west what I know as Hardees is actually Carl's Jr. (but do they have the angus meat now???). What I call Rallys is a Checkers down in the deep south.

There is so much you can do with something like H & K Go to Waffle House as well, given that two foreigners would be going into a redneck eatery. Hell, there's money in a Denny's sequel to given their past racial history.

Guest El Satanico
Yeah, I'm continually fascinated by how some burger chains are different in various parts of the country. For instance in some areas White Castle is more like a Krystal

Krystal has nothing to do with White Castle, they just ripped off the formula. The main difference is krystal uses mustard instead of ketchup on the burgers.

White Castle isn't something i can eat all the time, but I get a craving about every 3 months.

Guest Choken One

and when you get a craving, you dont just buy a couple of them, you buy the fucking case of 30.

Sometime's two orders of them.

Guest FrigidSoul
Alright, time out.

You fools have to recognize the greatness of the Awful Waffle. Waffle House is an amazing place.

We only have IHOP up here as far as Waffle and Pancake chains go. Until now I thought that the Awful Waffle was something purely made up by the TV show Salute Your Shorts.

Waffle House can be pretty good, compared to Denny's and others like it. I shudder at the thought of the person who would order their 4 pork shop dinner, though.

I've never been to an in & out, but my friend RAVES about them constantly.

I gotta say, while I was in the south, I went to a Rally's exactly once, and it was pretty awesome.

For anyone who lives in Seattle, however, there is no alternative but the heavenly place known as Dick's drive-thru. There's like 6 locations, they're constantly packed, they sell 4 sandwiches, all precious in their own way. (all variations of meat, american cheese, lettuce, relish and condiments) They also have milkshakes, soda and fries. And Ice Cream that is all. But what they do, they do well. And cheaply. Also, they pay their employees well, and give them benefits, which makes me much more likely to go there than say, Jack in the Box.

Guest PlatinumBoy
two likeable underdogs who set out on a Friday night quest to satisfy their craving for White Castle hamburgers and end up on an epic journey of deep thoughts, deeper inhaling

Doesn't the deeper inhaling part say pretty direct it's a stoner movie? Also Waffle House rules. It's between fast food and real food. I too always have the same waiter and he ROCKS--nothing like being there at 7 Am on New Year's morning, hungover as shit as he gives you life lessons. Fun times. Waffle House too is a meeting place for a lot of my buddies, but any other people have the problem of there being like 20 WaHo's in your direct area, so that when someone says MEET AT WAFFLE HOUSE and everyone drives off it takes some phone tag to realize, "Oh you mean the one on Peachtree Industrial next to Pizza hut, not the one on Peachtree Industrial next to the movies, or the one on Peachtree Industrial next to QT, etc. etc."

Guest Choken One

Same here, My little area has about 6 Waffle Houses in a 3 mile radius.

We don't have THE "Waffle House" out here, but we have plenty of places that would qualify as a Waffle house, such as Dennys, Eppies, Pancake Circus, Silver Skillet etc....they are all 24hr, have a tougher then nails $5 steak & Eggs dish, and all attract the late night, partiers/stoners/insomniacs etc.......So I am sure everyone should get the jokes. I think Dennys started serving white castle mini burgers, or at least their own little version which most likely tastes similar. I used to go to Dennys after playing pool and drinking beer at the bar. The things I have witnessed were fantastic/scary/hilarious/hideous all wrapped up in one......

Oh and I see "Cult Classic" written all over this, because I almost get the vibe that a large portion folks are going to think they are "too cool" to go see it in theaters, but once it hits DVD and people start renting it, the word of mouth will spread........

I just saw the trailer and I just don't know if casting minorities in a drug movie is supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing.

it worked fine for Half Baked.

I just saw the trailer and I just don't know if casting minorities in a drug movie is supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing.

That was essentially my initial point, and the source of my confusion. Would you cast a couple of minorities in a movie if it was "just a stoner movie"? Ignoring the fact that these two guys probably come cheap.

That was essentially my initial point, and the source of my confusion. Would you cast a couple of minorities in a movie if it was "just a stoner movie"? Ignoring the fact that these two guys probably come cheap.

Well the thing is...I believe it's fairly oppisite from what I can tell from the commercials. Doesn't seem like they're stoners at all. But actually sucessful guys. Or at least I know a couple scenes in the trailer they're dressed in suits and look like they have good jobs, the whole briefcase thing and all. And they just happened to have a White Castle craving...so while being in the 'stoner category' I dont' believe that they actually are stoners...

EDIT- And I was wrong :D . Ok, so maybe they are stoners..but they ALSO look sucessful. there :)

Guest combat_rock

Ha, I just love the name of it. I'm gonna see this movie, because I think I'll be able to relate. I used to work in a small town Hardee's as a kid, and it was open 24/7. Sometimes during the weekend I'd stay for a bit of the late shift, and damn did we ever get some weirdos. Not to mention that half of those guys that worked the late shift regularly came to work stoned all the time...

Anyways, it's a multi-regional burger joint, similar to Hardees and Carl Jr's I think...

While I appreciate the Kevin Kline joke I must take umbrage with comparing In-N-Out to Carl Jr. That is just mean to Hardees (same as Carls Jr btw folks.)

In-N-Out Burger seemed to creep forth from the bowls of pretentiousness in Los Angelas. They basically serve only Basic Burgers and Psuedo Fresh Cut Frys in an attempt to come across as some kind of mom and pop, back to basics restraunt from the 50's. Yet you are sitting in some plasticised, uniformed employeed fast food chain so you aren't fooling anyone. Everyone seems to think their burgers, "Are the bomb yo!" when they first go there and slowly forget the place even exists after about 6 months.

Oh, and I'm not bitter at all, nope nope. Not because the first time I went to one (somewhere on I-5 in California) they told me they don't offer Mayonaise... I've noticed the "no mayo" stance seems to have disapeared. :bonk: