TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
landy1987

Eddie Guerrero DVD details

Guest Bitterness the Star

I'm surprised that that Survivor Series 2002 match in particular is being put on the DVD - Eddy himself was displeased with it.

I am sooo glad that the Eddie/Art Barr match is on the DVD, I've been dying to see some of their work for the longest time.

Worth getting the disc right there for me.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Why is there a match on his DVD that he isn't even in?

They have to use their AWA library somehow.

The problem with wrestler-only commentaries is that there is the possibility of dead air. Announcers with experience know how to keep up the chatter, which is what Grisham tried to do - but failed miserably because he did no research and knew nothing about what he was watching. Wrestlers aren't trained to do that, so they might have problems with calling/talking about the match. They need someone who knows how to announce in there to help with the flow, but they also need that someone to not sound like a complete idiot.

Guest Bitterness the Star

Banky: I guess they figure that it containing three other Guerreros makes up for it.

They're using this DVD as the mouthpiece.

I thought their Hostile City Showdown match was _much_ better than the 2/3 falls match. However, I watched them with different expectations. The 2/3 falls match I went in with very high expectations and was disappointed. After that, I went into the HCS match with low expectations and was surprised with how well the match worked.

I think there's only two matches on this DVD that I actually like. Eddies match with Lesnar and Eddie vs. Rey. I never "got" the WWC match, haven't seen the Superclash match, I think the Smackdown match with Edge would have been more appropriate than the RVD match given the Standing O Eddie got afterwards, and I think the Vengeance match is horrible. The UPN special was really good at getting Eddie over (where it really should have been made _before_ he won the title so all the "drug and hardships" part of the Lesnar storyline could have been properly understood), but since I've alread seen it - and most of the extras - I'm not even _interested_ in this DVD, let alone wanting to buy it. How the hell could they "miss" on an Eddie Guerrero DVD???

RRR: Still enjoying the Benoit DVD. Thanks WWE.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I am fairly stoked about this Eddie DVD, moreso than the Benoit one. I think there are certain matches on that one that are filler..which mean nothing to me. His obviously succeeds Eddie's in the fact it has some of his Japan work. Thats about it.

Had Eddie's DVD included a match from Japan, his Uncensored 97 match with Malenko, and his WM one with Angle, I'd consider it the best ever. No question.

When he won the Iron Man match vs. Bret Hart at Wrestlemania XII, his boyhood dream of being WWE Champion was realised.

Holding onto the dream took guts and determination.

Muhahahaha.

When he won the Iron Man match vs. Bret Hart at Wrestlemania XII, his boyhood dream of being WWE Champion was realised.

Muhahahaha.

guts.gif

"*Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko (ECW - Best of Three Falls Farewell)

Alternative commentary with Guerrero and Malenko "

Damn, I was hoping it would be the superior Hostile City Showdown match.

Same here. Especially since that match has already been released on the ECW: Path of Destruction DVD. This thing better be pretty cheap when it comes out or it's going on to an X-Mas list. :angry:

Muhahahaha.

guts.gif

D-D-D-Do ya have it?