TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Cigarettes.

Guest DVD Spree
What the hell's wrong with you people. Shit's terrible.

Sprinkle some green and you won't even notice.

Guest Snaffler

Different strokes for different folks!

I for one love the taste of cigarettes, cigars, pipes etc. But I can totally understand why some would dislike it.

I think coke and pepsi taste like absolute shite though, and those are loved by many.

Whatever floats your boats so to speak.

Why don't I just go out in the street and lick the road. Similar taste, but without the damage to my lungs.

You might get hit by a car, though.

I've never smoked in my life, but that's mainly because the smell it leaves everywhere you go, what it does to your voice, appearance and body, have been enough to kill any interest I ever had of even trying.

Surely most regular smokers do it because they're addicted, like it, or both, but I know a lot of people who seem to do it just because of the image it conveys.

Guest FrigidSoul
I enjoy cigarettes because I am addicted as hell to them and they taste like shit. Due to LOTC's shitty attitude about it, I figure it'd be keen to light one up, weld his eyelids shut with it and then take a big hit of LOTC skin and tobacco.

Lord of the Curry may cause cancer or birth defects though if smoked.

I enjoy cigarettes because I am addicted as hell to them and they taste like shit. Due to LOTC's shitty attitude about it, I figure it'd be keen to light one up, weld his eyelids shut with it and then take a big hit of LOTC skin and tobacco.

How is my attitude shitty?

BTW, your respone was a smoker to a tee. Keep it up.

What bugs me most about smokers is how inconsiderate they are. They'll blow that shit anywhere, yet if you were to jump up in front of them and blew a fart in their face YOU'D be considered the asshole. Although that would be healthier for them anyway.

Smoking in private or with others, I could care less. But I hate these assholes who don't even look before they exhale that rancid shit.

If you get pissed off at somebody blowing smoke and it comes NEAR you, then you're a fucking pussy. Sorry.

I smoke because I want to. It helps me deal with stress. Plus, it's actually a hell of a way to meet people. There's an entire group of people that my girlfriend hangs out with simply because they all smoke, and they wouldn't have met otherwise.

Not to mention smoking makes you popular and attractive. You're just mad because while the smokers go out and get laid, you're stuck at home with your 20-sided die and your Dungeonmaster is screaming at you to roll a 16 so you can slay the dragon. Faggot.

If you get pissed off at somebody blowing smoke and it comes NEAR you, then you're a fucking pussy. Sorry.

I smoke because I want to. It helps me deal with stress. Plus, it's actually a hell of a way to meet people. There's an entire group of people that my girlfriend hangs out with simply because they all smoke, and they wouldn't have met otherwise.

Not to mention smoking makes you popular and attractive. You're just mad because while the smokers go out and get laid, you're stuck at home with your 20-sided die and your Dungeonmaster is screaming at you to roll a 16 so you can slay the dragon. Faggot.

Not to mention, it makes you look REALLY cool.

Why don't I just go out in the street and lick the road. Similar taste, but without the damage to my lungs.

You might get hit by a car, though.

*wonders if there is a downside*

Plus, it's actually a hell of a way to meet people.

You ever see that ad with those guys from FUBAR?

"I dunno how people who don't smoke ever meet people man. It's like, you can just be standing around outside, and ask someone for a cigarette....BOOM! Instant buddy."

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Indeed. I met alot of my friends via smoking. If you don't like smoking then that's great but hating on smokers is beyond stupid.

Plus, it's actually a hell of a way to meet people. There's an entire group of people that my girlfriend hangs out with simply because they all smoke, and they wouldn't have met otherwise.

Reading that, I instantly thought about the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer turned his apartment into a smoker's lounge and wound up with bad teeth and crinkly skin after three days. Jerry summed it up nicely. "Your face looks like an old catcher's mitt."

Guest FrigidSoul

My body doesn't get enough oxygen for some reason and being in large areas of smoke causes me to have sudden fits of...well...death. Am I allowed to dislike people smoking around me?

I smoke, and I make no excuses for my habit. I've been smoking since 1996, and am completely addicted. When I'm with friends who don't smoke, I either don't smoke, or go off somewhere else as to not bother them( I know, I'm letting the rest of us down).

My dad's talk with me when he found out that I, like him, am a smoker was fucking wonderful. It went a little something like this:

Dad: "You know they're bad for you, right?

Brunzell: "Yeah."

Dad: " You know they're expensive, right?"

Me: "Yeah."

Dad: "You knwo they can kill you, right?'

Me: "Yeah."

Dad: "Alright. Just as long as you know."

I love my daddy.

There was this hilarious bit on the Daily Show a few months back where Stephen Colbert talked to some woman who considered herself the Martin Luther King of smokers, fighting for civil rights and all that stuff.

But yeah, I've always thought smoking was a rather dumb thing to do, especially for younger people who have the benefit of knowing that it's not healthy, something that people 50 years ago were unaware of. I'm going to have a negative viewpoint on the matter, though, since the only 2 family members that I was close with who have died, died because of smoking.