TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leon

The Classics Collection: Bret Hart DVD

Guest Leon

According to Meltzer, the following matches WWF/WWE (more or less) are expected (read: were discussed by Bret and Shane McMahon at their meeting) to be on this DVD, which is scheduled to be released by Christmas Day 2K4 or the 1st quarter of 2005:

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels -- Ladder match/Coliseum Video

Hart Foundation vs. Steiner Bros. -- Coliseum Video

Hart Foundation vs. Demolition -- SummerSlam '90/2 out of 3 falls

Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect -- I.C. Title/SummerSlam '91

Bret Hart vs. Rowdy Piper -- I.C. Title/WrestleMania 8

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels -- WWF Title/Survivor Series '92

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin -- Survivor Series 1996

Bret Hart vs. Hakushi -- IYH

Bret Hart vs. Jean-Pierre -- IYH

Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund -- Submission Match/Survivor Series 1994

Bret Hart/Owen Hart vs. Quebecers -- Royal Rumble 1994

Royal Rumble 1994 match

Bret vs. Yoko -- WWF Title/WrestleMania 10

Bret vs. Owen -- WWF Title/ SummerSlam 1994/cage match

Bret vs. Razor -- KOTR 1993

Bret vs. Perfect -- KOTR 1993

Bret vs. Bigelow -- KOTR 1993

Bret vs. Bulldog -- I.C. Title/SummerSlam 1992

Bret vs. Bulldog -- IYH 5

Bret vs. Austin vs. Vader vs. Taker -- Final Four IYH

Hart Foundation vs. Shamrock/Austin/Goldust/L.O.D. -- Canadian Stampede

Bret vs. Taker -- WWF Title/One Night Only

Bret vs. Taker -- WWF Title/Summerslam 1997/HBK as referee

Bret vs. Diesel -- Survivor Series 1995

Bret vs. Shawn -- Survivor Series 1997 and aftermath

...sounds interesting!

Bret vs. Benoit from Kansas City apparently won't be on the DVD, because it's already on the Benoit DVD. And if any Stampede and/or his run in WCW is covered, it will be minimal. Also, the running time is expected to be 14-15 hours (presumably a 3 or 4 disc set).

I'm hoping for a Christmas release, if I say so myself. :headbang:

I thought there would be at least one match with the Hart Foundation vs. British Bulldogs. Oh well, can't complain with 15 hours of footage, but Bret/Benoit from Toronto SHOULD be on there when Bret first won the wcw title. It was very good.

I guess the Hakushi and Jean Pierre-Lafitte matches are there because Bret asked, Wrestlemania 13 is a surprising omission but they can save that for an Austin dvd.

Edit: probably be the first time many will see the Bret/undertaker One Night Only match.

Edited by deancoles411

Guest Fook
Bret vs. Razor -- KOTR 1994

Bret vs. Perfect -- KOTR 1994

Bret vs. Bigelow -- KOTR 1994

Shouldn't that be 93?

Bret vs. Yoko -- WWF Title/WrestleMania 9

Why this match? Why not the WMX match where Bret actually wins?

And speaking of WMX, where's the Owen match?

I think they are saving the Austin match for maybe a WrestleMania release. A match like that should be WrestleMania exclusive(although Benoit's WM XX win is on his dvd, so a moot point B-)

I understand the Hakushi match, but not the Pirate match. I use to like having the accolade of having the hidden gem of Bret/Taker from One Night Only. Well, it's good for the United States fans to see that match. I think it was Bret's truly last great match.

Why this match? Why not the WMX match where Bret actually wins?

And speaking of WMX, where's the Owen match?[\QUOTE]

Oh no, don't open up that can of worms? The conspiracy of Bret keeping his dead brother down will come up next.

Guest Leon

Yeah, guys I messed up. Thanks for pointing that out, Fook. The matches are from King of the Ring 1993 and the match with Yoko is from WM 10, which is supposed to highlight the Owen feud.

I understand the Hakushi match, but not the Pirate match.

This is taken from Wrestlingobserver.com during WOL and explains the Hakushi and Lafite inclusion if bret had his say in what matches to include.

"Bret said he liked taking guys who he thought were better than anyone thought, like Hakushi or Jean Pierre Lafite, and going in there and showing everyone that his opponent was a good worker and a good hand. "

Edit: The 1st World title win is also missing.

Edited by deancoles411

So they talked Bret out of putting his favorite match of all time on it? (the ironman)

Let the HBK conspiracies begin. He wanted the match on his dvd only. :P

Guest JMA
So they talked Bret out of putting his favorite match of all time on it? (the ironman)

Where's Bret/Owen from WMX and Bret/Austin from Wm13?

Ditto. Those matches should be essential for a Bret Hart DVD.

Let the HBK conspiracies begin. He wanted the match on his dvd only. :P

Heh. I hope it turns out to be on it. I wanted to see what he'd have to say about it since Shawn put Bret over so hard on his DVD.

Guest Leon

As someone pointed out, I'm guessing the Bret vs. Owen and Bret vs. Austin matches will be saved for future WrestleMania DVD's. In addition, I was also surprised that Bret's first title win vs. Ric Flair will probably not be featured on the DVD, as well. Does this stem from the animosity between Bret and Ric? Who knows...

I was also surprised that Bret's first title win vs. Ric Flair will probably not be featured on the DVD, as well. Does this stem from the animosity between Bret and Ric? Who knows...

They'll probably have a video package of it instead.

They should consider putting Bret's matches with Sting and Benoit from the 1999 Mayhem tittle tournament. These are rare gems, IMO. :)

As someone pointed out, I'm guessing the Bret vs. Owen and Bret vs. Austin matches will be saved for future WrestleMania DVD's. In addition, I was also surprised that Bret's first title win vs. Ric Flair will probably not be featured on the DVD, as well. Does this stem from the animosity between Bret and Ric? Who knows...

Bret never did like those matches. He gets to pick.

Guest Fook
Even though it's already been done (but since no one bought the Confidential DVD), they need to put Bulldog/Bret on there from Summerslam 92 definately. It's fucking amazing.

It's on there.

I would like to see the Bret/Savage vs HBK/Flair match that was released on Coloseum video.

Guest tangerine

I love this list, it's suspect that the WM13 match is omitted but i always believed the series match was BETTER so im happy to see it on the potential list.

The IYH95 is also much better then the 1992 Slam match as well, that match is completely overexposed anyways.

I like the fact bret asked for the Hakushi and Jean Pierre match, because they aren't well know and we all have seen and likely own the equally overexposed WM13 match.

In my opinion I think the IYH match of Brett vs Bulldog was better than the Summerslam match.

Atmosphere does it for me, and that match is what made Bret the star he became.

I wish that Owen/Bret was on there from Mania 10, though.

Guest tangerine

Also, It sounds like this will be about 12-15 hours, which spells 3-4 discs.

The only match that has me perplexed is the 1994 Rumble match.

It's not a special match and Bret was in it for 12 minutes, unless it's going to be like Hogan's dvd (from his enterance to finish), i don't see the point.

It should be a good show, but Bret vs Owen at WM X is one of the best matches of ALL Time, why wouldn't they put it on there?

Also, I think they need a Hart Foundation/British Bulldogs match of some kind, because those two teams put on some amazing matches.

Guest tangerine
In my opinion I think the IYH match of Brett vs Bulldog was better than the Summerslam match.

Atmosphere does it for me, and that match is what made Bret the star he became.

I wish that Owen/Bret was on there from Mania 10, though.

It might just be me but I believe the Owen X, Bulldog 92 and Austin WM13 are completely overexposed and that it's better to see the lesser known matches shine.