TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Sequels or Games Never Made...

yeah, a sequel to Chrono Trigger would've been great. What's Chrono Cross?

A Sonic and Mario game

Don't know how they'd do it or what the plot would be, but I'd play it

I'll have to also go with KI3 (and assume that the earlier request for KI2 was a typo).

Does Nintendo or Rare have the rights to the licence?

I always felt they should make another Mario side-scrolling game, but it seems they are doing that for the Nintendo DS.

I dunno I always liked Space Quest 6, but 4 was by far and away the coolest.

When you go back to Space Quest 1. Now that's what I call funny.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see Perfect Dark and Conker sequels, across all three platforms, by the original Rare team that created them. Of course, there are several things in that sentence that aren't the case.

I'll also hope for a SOCOM III.

And a Super Monkey Ball 3 would be nice.

I want the two Beyond Good & Evil sequels. It was supposed to be a trilogy, but the first one sold like crap, so there's currently no plans to continue.

I'll have to also go with KI3 (and assume that the earlier request for KI2 was a typo).

Does Nintendo or Rare have the rights to the licence?

I'm actually kind of curious about that. Rare's status as a 2nd party developer during that time with Nintendo makes me wonder about it. They've ported DKC to GBA and are also doing that with the sequel. I'm not sure if they had to pay royalties to Rare or not for that. Sure, Nintendo owns Donkey Kong, but they didn't make that game.

However, Nintendo apparently owns the revamped Rare likeness of Donkey Kong, since that was used in Mario vs. Donkey Kong instead of the classic likeness. So maybe all of the Rare properties produced under Nintendo are owned by Nintendo.

If anyone still has a KI or KI Gold instruction manual, perhaps he/she can see if there's some copyright information in the back about it. I know that often parent publishing companies may hold the rights to certain game properties, and often have different developers make sequels when the original developers don't want to make it or have left.

A KI3 would require major gameplay revamps like Deadly Alliance, IMO.

Chrono.

FFVII-2

Valkyrie Profile (didn't know there was so much love for this great game on the board.)

Lufia

Anachronox (Great game with a non-ending, then they broke up because [ion Storm I think?] made zero good games besides this.)

I want a new frequency/amplitude now.

A new GOOD chapter in Suikoden. They turned one of the best RPG series ever into crap instantly with the truly mediore Suikoden III. Is there any reason they couldn't have cranked out THIS series for infinity and kept people happy? They went from quick battles+epic but realtively simple storyline to boring battles+relativiley convoluted storyline.

Most deserving action titles seem to get follow-ups.

Killer Instinct 3, Street Fighter Alpha 4, Street Fighter III: Episode 4, I-Spy 2

I have always wanted to see a real sequel done to the first Legend of Legaia game. I loved the game, but I always felt something was missing from the ending that a sequel could have fixed. I really hated the game they came out with as Legaia 2.

I also have always wanted to see a sports game where the object is to take a player and try to make him into a star. To me, it would make for a fun game to take some player and try to go through the rigors of making a team or going through the minors to make it to the big leagues. It would also be fun to deal with other fun stuff like when my player gets old and his skills decline, free agency, etc.

A new GOOD chapter in Suikoden. They turned one of the best RPG series ever into crap instantly with the truly mediore Suikoden III. Is there any reason they couldn't have cranked out THIS series for infinity and kept people happy?

I actually liked three, but I was HIGHLY disappointed by it. It seemed like at the end of 2, I was curious as to what would happen next, but they seemed to go in a totally other direction. Too bad.

I want to see Monkey Island 5 made. My favourite series of games and I want another one dammit.

I want to see Monkey Island 5 made. My favourite series of games and I want another one dammit.

Never got a chance to get through 4...

Did the ending leave room for a sequel?

Nope, it's a pretty complete ending that doesn't really leave any loose ends.

That's never stopped anyone from making a sequel before.

I would like a new Phantasy Star that continued on the old series, but since they pretty much wrapped it up, I doubt there will ever be a new Phantasy Star. :(

Yeah it is pretty much all tied up in that course of things, but I'm sure LucasArts would have no problem thinking of something out of the blue. Just pull LeChuck out and into another scenario to be conquered.

I actually ended up getting a new computer because my old one couldn't run Monkey Island 4. I wanted to play it that bad.

Why did you never get a chance to get through number 4?

Diddy Kong Racing~

Seriously...after you beat it, it says "To Be Continued" (or "The End...?") or something to that effect, yet there was never a sequel made.

I'm still pissed. That game was teh rule.

Guest Kageho

I want a sequel to an ol' SNES dungeon crawler I played a long time ago called Brandish. Interesting game, but left a lot to be desired because nothing really was told story-wise. :(

Yeah it is pretty much all tied up in that course of things, but I'm sure LucasArts would have no problem thinking of something out of the blue. Just pull LeChuck out and into another scenario to be conquered.

I actually ended up getting a new computer because my old one couldn't run Monkey Island 4. I wanted to play it that bad.

Why did you never get a chance to get through number 4?

Just never have had the time.

Thats no excuse this is Monkey Island we're talking about here, get on it, chop chop.