TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Flik

Quick Question About Mangas

Hiya all. I was just goofing around a little as I had a little time to kill before getting back to my school work and checked out Chapters.ca. I got this really weird idea (weird because I didn't think of it before) to check and see if maybe, just maybe, they had some newer mangas for sale. So I just punched in the first one I could think of, Love Hina. Low and behold, they had it in stock! Didn't think they would.

Anyways, I looked at the price and it says 15.95. That the normal price for mangas?

Actually my friend ordered yhe first 7 Volumes of it on www.Hillcity-comics.com and they only cost him $12.75 each. Thats the Canadian pricing. American is naturally lower I think its $8.45. I would take the time to order there instead, it might take a month to get it but you would be saving a ton of money.

...I guess I should've included the fact that I checked to see if local Chapters actually carried the mangas, since I can't do online purchasing.

Edit:

For 16$ is it worth the purchase?

Edited by Lightning Flik

Hmmm I dont know If I would spend $16.00 on a manga, Granted Love Hina is the funniest one that I have ever read by far so I dont know, its a judgement call. If you have the money to buy go for it.

Well, actually, I was asking if it was ok price. I just picked Love Hina because I liked the anime and heard the manga was much better. Since Love Hina is there, I guess I could probably find anything. Although, I'd probably pick up Love Hina first, since it is the first anime that I've watch fully, and since it was great (to me) and I hear the manga is ten times better, it should probably be my first.

My biggest problem is that now that I'm on a budget because of a debacle with student finance (that student finance caused), if I ever do get that much cash, I wish to know if paying $16-$17 would be worth the purchase.

Edit:

BTW, I just added the above to clarify. :)

Edited by Lightning Flik

Hmmm... down here, Shonen Jumps cost like 5 bucks and some change and their GNs cost like 8 bucks.

On other stuff like Viz, I've seen 9 to 10 dollar price tags which is kinda cheap.

I guess it depends on where you live and currency you use, heh.

I hate you Americans... :( Always getting stuff so cheap.

Still... $17 is steep... I guess I'll check out BAKA (otaku fan club thingy) first and see if I can get them for less than that. Heard you should be able to get them cheaper there.