TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Which match are you looking forward to the most...

Which match are you looking forward to the most at Summerslam?

Current WWE poll results:

Benoit vs. Orton 17.86 %

JBL vs. Undertaker 23.56 %

Triple H vs. Eugene 9.30 %

Booker T vs. Cena 4.75 %

Hardy vs. Kane 8.04 %

Guerrero vs. Angle 9.18 %

Six Man Tag Team 4.06 %

Edge vs. Y2J vs. Batista 4.13 %

Diva Dodgeball 19.08 %

Total Votes: 119700

============

19% for Diva Dodgeball? Only 9% for Eddie/Angle?

People are stupid. Either that or WWE polls are fake. Or both. But how about you? Which matches are you looking forward to seeing? What could you care less about?

The polls are definitely fake. There's a Spotlight section in wwe.com whose main focus is the Summerslam event. There's a poll in there asking you for the best 1994 SS match. The UT/UT match is beating the Bret/Owen cage match by 15%. Everybody clearly knows that the cage match was the better match.

Guest Coffey

I actually think that I'm looking forwards to JBL/'Taker the most. The main reason is because I don't get UPN, so I can't watch Smackdown. That being said, I haven't seen The Undertaker since Wrestlemania XX and I haven't got to watch Bradshaw spawn the new gimmick and adjust to the top of the card either. I also think it'll be interesting to see who wins that match. I don't know if JBL defending the title over 'Taker would be very believable...but I can't see The Undertaker getting the belt back either.

I don't care about Hardy/Kane, and that's about it. I actually want to see Diva Dodgeball...it could be funny and scantily clad. Hardy is hurt, Kane is astrocious, and the storyline going into the match is abyssmal. I'd take women in thongs throwing balls at each others face over that. It's not like I'll be paying to watch the show....

I want "Big Dave" to win the IC belt too. I actually anticipate Randy Orton winning the main title too. Hopefully, on top of those two outcomes, Triple H will lose. That should set up the Evolution explosion.

It will be interesting to see how well Angle holds out. I'm sure he'll still bring the goods though. Especially against Eddie.

I didn't know that Booker T./John Cena was even on the card. Who's in the six man tag?

I didn't know that Booker T./John Cena was even on the card. Who's in the six man tag?

If you didn't know Booker T/Cena is a best out of 5 series, with the 1st match being at Summerslam.

6 Man is Rey Jr/Kidman/London Vs. The Dudleys, should be a good fun match.

Eugene vs HHH is the one I'm looking forward to most, followed by Benoit/Orton and Angle/Guerrero.

I figure Angle/Guerrero will be the best match, but there is a curisotiy aspect between the other two on just how good (or not, perhaps) they can be.

Benoit/Orton, because the house show reports have been very positive so far.

I'm looking forward to BIG DAVE~! possibly becoming IC Champion and I want to see how good HHH/Eugene can be and Taker/JBL may be, hopefully. Oh, and the six man has prospect.

The Angle/Eddie feud has done nothing for me and I still think the match will suffer from the same problems that the Mania one did that made a good match rather than a great match. Cena/Booker could be passable, Hardy/Kane will be notable only for what ending they decide on and the Diva crap will be like the Olympic Beach Volleyball, only minus the talent and plus the b00bies.

Guest Coffey
If you didn't know Booker T/Cena is a best out of 5 series, with the 1st match being at Summerslam.

6 Man is Rey Jr/Kidman/London Vs. The Dudleys, should be a good fun match.

Why are they doing a best of five?

I assume the Dudleyz includes D-Von, Buh-Buh & Spike?

For me, Benoit / Orton, the Triple Threat match, and Angle / Guerrero.

Guest bigm350

I'm looking forward to the Benoit/Orton match the most. I want to see if Benoit can carry a kicking and screaming Orton to a **** match. I hope Benoit retains but I doubt he will. Eugene/HHH should be decent as well.

Why are they doing a best of five?

I assume the Dudleyz includes D-Von, Buh-Buh & Spike?

No particular reason I don't think. I'm pretty sure it's just to definately end the feud, and thank god for that because I am pretty sick of Cena/Booker.

And yes, you assume right. Spike's a heel now.

Guest Staravenger

I vote Diva Dodgeball...oh wait, thats LEAST looking forward to.

It's really a toss up between Angle/Eddie and Benoit/Orton...and for some reason I wanna see how the Kane/Hardy/Lita Shit ends...or continues (I hope the former).

Guest DeathBecomesYou

I thought Cena vs Booker was a best of 7, that shows how much attention i've been paying then. I'm ost looking forward to HHH/Eugene, even though he's hamstrung by the shitty gimmick, I want to see Nick Dinsmore use more of his skills, instead of just being an idiot.

The Booker/Cena match will simply be the first of the five, I believe. The final match would be at Unforgiven, I suppose.

I'm looking forward to the whole card. Really. Angle/Guererro is one of my less-anticipated matches though. Something about their Wrestlemania XX match just didn't work with me. I couldn't get into it.

Guest Bitterness the Star

Yeah, I posted this on another board - it has to have been tampered with. Not even markish WWE.com visitors could be that stupid.

Two posts above: You couldn't get into Angle/Guerrero at WrestleMania XX because:

A. The matches before it just weren't as expected.

B. Too much submission for the match's own good.

C. Something about the WrestleMania set-up.

A bit of all three for me.

Unforgiven is a RAW PPV.

Actually, i think they switched Unforgiven for No Mercy this year, since the last brand PPV was a RAW brand (Vengeance)

No, Unforgiven is still a RAW PPV (unless they decide to change it at the last minute) because Kane is again on the promo poster except he's blue and he's happy.

Edit: You guys think they'll drag out the Best of 5 so the 5th match takes place at No Mercy?

Yes, Unforgiven is Raw.

Deon, I doubt it. I don't think that they could do it for two months. We should have a new contender by then.

They switched Unforgiven back to being a Raw PPV, after it was previously announced as a Smackdown show earlier. I forgot all about that.

I guess the Cena/Booker series goes to No Mercy then.

Two posts above: You couldn't get into Angle/Guerrero at WrestleMania XX because:

A. The matches before it just weren't as expected.

B. Too much submission for the match's own good.

C. Something about the WrestleMania set-up.

A bit of all three for me.

I'd have to go back and watch the match again (which doesn't really excite me in the first place) to figure out why I couldn't totally get into it. Another bit was knowing that Angle's neck was muffed up again and that he'd be losing. Same reason I couldn't get excited about the Wrestlemania XIX main event. Everyone and their mute parapalegic brother knew Lesnar was winning. When you know who's going over, 50% of the fun of the match is gone. Also, when I was initially watching the telecast and then the DVD later, it felt like a lot of stuff strung together that should make an engaging, good match that came off flat somehow.

You know, now that I think about it, the only times I've ever been amped for and enjoyed a match with Angle involved were Armageddon 2000, No Way Out 2001, King of the Ring 2001, Vengeance 2002, No Mercy 2002, and Royal Rumble 2003. That sounds like a lot I enjoyed, but it really isn't. His personality is phenomenal and I could listen to him talk all day (as a heel of course), but rarely does his ringwork set my world on fire.

I was actually pumped heading into their WrestleMania match because, even though it was obvious that Eddy was going over (why take the belt off him soon? That and the fact that Angle was taking time off), both are tremendous wrestlers and could've given us a likewise match.

So it was really the wrestling that I was looking to get lost in rather than the portion outside the ring.

Definitely about the Rumble '03 - that was a match where I cared both about the work in the ring as well as who was going over. I mean, of course it would make sense for Angle to retain and go on to WrestleMania to face Brock Lesnar (who was obviously taking the Rumble), but then again... it wasn't as if there'd been a great deal of development between Angle and Brock, so the possibility of Benoit's title reign coming 14 months early and almost guaranteeing greatness in a Benoit/Brock WrestleMania match was there.

I really am interested to see what Kurt and Eddy will do at SummerSlam, especially considering that both aren't at 100%.

I really am interested to see what Kurt and Eddy will do at SummerSlam, especially considering that both aren't at 100%.

mr-t.jpg

"My prediction for this fight: PAIN."

You've got to wonder how wise it was booking this match in the first place - people are expecting WrestleMania to be topped, and Angle's in no condition to do so. That's actually quite sad, because it means not another great match for Angle, because he'll never be 100% again.

I'd say you're right.

And I've always loved how well-cut Mr. T's head hair was. That goes for all of the hair on his head.