TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO SummerSlam 2004 Thread

Guest Dazed

24577.jpg

This Sunday, live on pay-per-view, Randy Orton attempts to become the youngest World Champion in WWE history. In order to accomplish this, he must defeat current World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit. At only 24 years of age, Orton would beat out past youngsters Brock Lesnar (25), Yokozuna (26) and The Rock (26). Watch SummerSlam this Sunday to see if Orton reaches his goal.

24467.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship

Chris Benoit vs. Randy Orton

24475.jpg

WWE Championship

The Undertaker vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

24471.jpg

Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

24492.jpg

Intercontinental Championship

Edge vs. Batista vs. Chris Jericho

24489.jpg

Til Death Do Us Part Match -- Winner Marries Lita

Kane vs. Matt Hardy

Reports are that HBK will cost Kane the match. Spoiler Discussion thread

24486.jpg

Triple H vs. Eugene

24554.jpg

Rey Mysterio, Billy Kidman, Paul London vs. Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, Spike Dudley

24540.jpg

US Championship, Best of 5, Match #1

John Cena vs. Booker T

24560.jpg

Divas Dodgeball

RAW Divas vs. New Divas

My predictions for the Benoit-Orton match:

1) Benoit counters the RKO into triple Germans

2) Benoit counters Ortons flying crossbody into the crossface

3) Benoit goes up for a flying headbutt but gets caught and Orton hits the RKO on him

I've also got a nasty feeling they might tryto turn Jericho instead of Edge.

Don't count out an attempt at an Edge heel turn.

Remember, WWE philosophy is "Well, the crowd in his hometown loves him so they'll hate him if we turn him heel."

Because it worked WONDERS for Benoit in Edmonton.

Guest TigerDriver91

Time for relaxtion before leaving for SummerSlam at the ACC. I sure hope it will be a good event tonite with some great matches, and I am especially looking forward to Benoit vs. Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship. I have a feeling that Orton will be winning, but something tells me Benoit might retain so I don't really know.

Of course, I am also really looking forward to Edge vs. Batista vs. Jericho for the IC Championship. They might try to fool us fans with a teased Jericho heel turn, but turn around and turn Edge heel instead. Wouldn't mind seeing Y2J with some gold again, but he would just continue to be mired in midcard hell so either have Edge retain or drop the title to the 'roid monkey Batista.

Don't really care for the Dodgeball crap, and I got to meet some of the women yesterday so no big deal there. Gail is so fucking HOT!

I don't get to watch Smackdown so I am a little out of the loop regarding storylines and such unfortunately.

TD91, please try and do a "Steve The Pirate *clap clap clapclapclap*" chant during the Dodgeball skit.

24471.jpg

Kurt looks like he just farted and Eddie looks like he just smelt it. It's almost as good as the Summerslam 02 poster with Lesnar and Rock.

It's almost as good as the Summerslam 02 poster with Lesnar and Rock.

Please, tell me what that one looked like. Lesnar's face was probably goofy looking.

Guest TigerDriver91
TD91, please try and do a "Steve The Pirate *clap clap clapclapclap*" chant during the Dodgeball skit.

I was thinking more along the lines of "kill the tramp search," but I don't know if it will catch on. Stevie In Drag needs to make sure his Flower doesn't get bothered by any of the wannabes.

Guest TigerDriver91
All I have to add is that the red haired diva girl is the most annoying person EVER. I wish pain upon her.

What a thing to say about Lita :lol:

Eh, she's annoying as well. But the other one, God, I just want to shoot her. With a gun. Seriously, what was up with her in that ice cream thing? She acted like she was 5 years old.

He was 26 in 1993, so I guess he was 33 in 2000.

I want to see a dance-off between the women. Joy and Victoria would be the team captains. Joy has the trunk junk advantage, but Victoria's got the experience.

Dammit, now I'm really jonesing for them to actually do this. Goddamn imagination.

Guest Staravenger

"I'm Carrying Kane's Baby!"

I've never been original with signs, so I never bring them :lol:

Trish is holding down the entire RAW Diva Roster...she's the only one pictured in the graphic. (Shitty graphics at that)

If you're close enough a "Lita is a Dumas" sign would be brilliant, TD91.

Hot damn, look out for that sign tonight (unless security takes it). As well as:

"MUGAtaker" (kudos again to LOTC)

"RVD > Vollyball"

"Slug Face" (inside joke)

and if Bradshaw ends up in the last match:

"I can't believe i went to a PPV main evented by Bradshaw!"

I;ll be right along the entrance aisle so keep your eyes peeled

Chris, it'd been an enjoyable 154 day title reign.

But the summer and the party is over. The Era of Orton begins tonight. Interestingly enough, my house watching it is split between Benoit/Orton marks...should make for an exciting main event.

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm ordering this tonight or if I'm doing my typical Sunday night HBO routine. Does anyone still share webcasts? Yeah, I'm pathetic. To further show how bad WWE is these days, certain bars and the local Hooters, who used to ALWAYS have PPV nights, aren't even showing it.

It's almost as good as the Summerslam 02 poster with Lesnar and Rock.

Please, tell me what that one looked like. Lesnar's face was probably goofy looking.

1031330457423012.jpg

Rock: Brock Lesnar, The Rocks knows you farted.

Brock: What are you gonna do?

"RVD > Vollyball"

???

Anyways, I hope they do try to turn Edge heel, and I hope it works as well as it did with Benoit or Austin in their hometowns. Well, lesser extent, but you catch my drift.

Actually, I'm upset that I can't watch this PPV tonight. There are quite a few matches I want to see. Ah well, I'll download it later down the road I guess.

Rock: Brock Lesnar, The Rocks knows you farted.

Brock: What are you gonna do?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a classic.

Anyway, I'll be cheering Randy Orton on, because I'm a huge fan of his. More then Benoit.

But it's gonna be an epic match. I'm taping this even for sure.

Why don't they ever use the kickass runway to the ring? You know the one. It's used alot in Japan, and it stops level with the ring apron. That's awesome.

I might order the webcast, but $35 is pretty steep. With those bonus matches, do you get to download and keep them or just watch them for a week and that's it? And is it even possible to share webcasts anymore?

do you get to download and keep them or just watch them for a week and that's it? And is it even possible to share webcasts anymore?

They lost my business with the webcast increase to $35. I ordered EVERY PPV at the $17.95. You can't tell me that sitting at your computer watching a live feed is the same quality as ordering it from cable, and they keep all of the profits to boot as they don't have to pay a PPV provider. That was just greed and I know I'm not the only one who stopped ordering the webcasts.

I doubt very much that you get to keep the "extras" on your hard drive. You probably have one week to watch them but I'm not entirely sure of that. They are a nice touch with the extra fee but they should have kept the PPV webcast the price it was and offered the additional extras for the $35 fee. They would have kept their regular webcast customers and made more $$$ from some of them who wanted to view the additional footage.

I'm not even sure if it's possible to share webcasts anymore. I never did it when it was possible. I haven't heard any mention of it lately so it's probably a thing of the past.