TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kizzo

I think everyone is in agreement....

I was watching the show for a little bit(but was mostly watching Football on FOX)...and noticed how awful the atmosphere is on Smackdown....the set is awful...there is no ramp(so it looks sloppy)....a fresh new look is needed...

I wouldn't mind the Wrestlemania X8 set being Smackdown's but at a smaller size...

Anyone else have any ideas...

How about something with the same hooks-and-ovals theme the graphics have?

That's not a bad idea at all.....infact I was thinking the same thing...when they first introduced the new graphics...where the going to introduce something like that...to match the graphics...

I don't have a good art program on the laptop yet so just get a mental image. What if you had an elliptical platform with hooks going out and back flanking the central entrance area. Have the ovals on those side hooks just be screens like the Raw Scribbles. Have the ovaltron on ground level with entrances from either side of it? Add some glass for good measure, that seems to be a design element too. I don't know. No fist though.

Smackdown needs an overhaul, but not as bad as RAW. RAW for the most part has been using the same set and format since 1997. It's time for some new graphics, maybe a new set, and some new theme music.

New music? Dare I say old. Get a rock band that doesn't eat shit (come on WWE, I have faith in you, you can do it if you try!) to do a cover of the old Monday Night Raw theme. Just an updated rendition of the classic would be better than "RAW IS WAR'S A PHONE! IN BRETT HULL!" or "Mooooove to the muZAAAAK play that ---'kin' muZAAAAAK"

Guest Staravenger

Both sets seriously need new designs, and making them a jaded angle DOESN'T COUNT. And get rid of that god awful fucking RAW theme song that makes me want to throw up every time I hear it.

Guest Rrrsh

I like the fist.

Raw needs a overhaul more than SD. All Smackdown needs is ditch the crappy drive-in non-ramp. Raw still make me feel I ma watch back in 98. We are in a pots Attitude era now, get rid of that stuff.

The RAW theme is ok...but I like the old RAW IS WAR theme...they could remix it though.....maybe with a band...

RAW has had the same set since the Attitude ERA...not one thing has changed just new additions...but its the same format..

It seems to me almost all the PPV sets are better than the show sets...even the graphics are better on PPV...

It seems to me almost all the PPV sets are better than the show sets...even the graphics are better on PPV...

They're suppossed to seem better.

After all, PPVs technically are suppossed to be better than the shows are, especially since they don't have any commercials in them.

Although I would like to see the Stage Titantron from WrestleMania XX make its way to either show.

How about something with the same hooks-and-ovals theme the graphics have?

Those graphics are AWFUL.... The font looks like a 1950s diner-style script combined with those stupid claws and hooks. Bleh.

Smackdown needs an overhaul, but not as bad as RAW. RAW for the most part has been using the same set and format since 1997. It's time for some new graphics, maybe a new set, and some new theme music.

Raw went into a look I call "WCW Nitro 2010" only two years ago.

I /LIKED/ the collection of ovals and bright colorful lights that were the first SmackDown set. It felt like it was taken from the pages of a Martha Stewart or Oprah magazine. Clean and simple.

The fist setup would have been okay except that the two trons are wasted. Everyone's video is the same thing playing on both trons with the dome thing on the curtain playing the sub-graphic.

The only time they've been ORIGINAL with that set is that Taker non-appearance where you saw his different faces over the years flash on the different screens, timed with the gongs in his entrance music. The room was also pitch black, making it nice and creepy.

I believe my friend and I laid sight to the first appearance of the fist.

My friend, who is in no way a wrestling fan, questioned me a few times during the night, "Why in the hell is there a giant fist?"

I've never been big on watching Smackdown. Don't know why, but even when ****+ matches were being busted out every week, I just never watched it. For whatever reason, I go out on Thursday nights more than Mondays.

Guest Evolution
All Smackdown needs is ditch the crappy drive-in non-ramp.

There's a reason for the non-ramp:

Eddie and JBL's vehicles.

I'd mark out if the Undertaker came out in a hearse from now on.

EDIT: Especially if they're going forward with the Taker/JBL rematch. Dueling long vehicles.

Guest Evolution
Not so much the set, but I much preferred the black & white opening video to the laser/smoke/shadow opening they're using now.

I don't like the laser light show opening either. The black and white with the different wrestlers in the Unknown WWE Warehouse looking mean was much better. It's not quite as urban, but it looks better.

Oh, yeah. The laser show opening blows. The B&W opening fits much better with the show, the graphics, the theme, everything.

I much preferred the original set to the fist set. Bring that shit back for the anniversary, redesigned, and mix it with stuff from the newer format, like the graphics and the ring.

As for Raw, I'd have preferred they just keep the steel girder look with the side trons included, updated once every couple years. And please, get a new theme song.

Guest Evolution
As for Raw, I'd have preferred they just keep the steel girder look with the side trons included, updated once every couple years. And please, get a new theme song.

I'm not sure if I should be ashamed to say so, but I was a fan of the Raw theme song for the first few months that it was out. The lyrics didn't really match anything about the experience of wrestling on Raw, but it did get me pumped to watch it.

Now, I find myself completely indifferent. I must agree that the old Raw theme, before the unintelligible Thorn In Your Eye would definitely be the way to go.

Speaking of hard to understand theme songs, how about the old Smackdown theme back in the infant days of the program? Very loud and in your face, indeed.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

I dont dislike the current SD set. I actually like the fact that they dont use a ramp. Makes it look different from RAW, which makes sense they are supposed to be separate.

However, I would bet they will change the set in time for the 5th anniversary show in September. If they were planning on a change anytime soon that would be the time to do it. I dont think they'll change the music or opening video because those are relatively new. I also agree that the black and white video was much better.

It would be interesting to see them totally rehaul the RAW set. As others have said, that basic design for RAW has been around since '97, it would nice to see a change.

In terms of what to do.....I'm not creative enough to come up with anything.

They should use an elevated ramp that connects to the ring, like WCW used to have waaaaaay back when and I believe ECW used them for PPVs sometimes.

*reads post above his* Heh. :)