TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hektik

Future plans

Guest Tjhe CyNick
Selfish or not, Angle's just being smart. He knows he's a favorite of Vince's and he's just continuing the time-honored tradition of the business...getting to the top, doing everything in your power to stay there and helping your friends out along the way.

Look at the list of the long reigning main eventers and try to pick out 5 or more guys who haven't used or attempted to use politics for personal gain (since the business has become 'worked' that is, obviously).

Heck, if wasn't using politics, then I'm sure Angle would be a great candidate for making Heidenreich look good.

Exactly, I mean look at Austin, what meaningful JOBs did he ever do to make a new star? And then when he was non-active, he was booked to destroy everyone, you dont think that was politics?

I think there is the politics that every top guy engages in, and then there's the stuff that HHH did/does. If Angle were to become like Hunter then I'd say there was a problem, but I dont see that right now.

Guest Salacious Crumb

And that's why the WWF has no one that can draw worth shit right now. Had some of these top guys actually done some meaningful jobs maybe the WWF wouldn't be in the shape it is.

Guest Anglesault
Most figure Mania at this point to be HHH vs Orton and Undertaker vs Kurt Angle as the top match from both sides.

Angle and Undertaker have an understanding they are going to work with each other, largely because they see each other as the top guy on the Smackdown side, which also makes them strong political allies right now. They apparently want to keep themselves apart, and avoid doing jobs as much as possible to build to a match with two guys who are winning

I don't think I understand.

Their plan for the biggest show of the year is a title match between two guys who may not make it through 2005?

And the absolute absurdity of the WWE burying Angle in pointless midcard feuds throughout his whole peak and then finally protecting him as a main eventer after his prime has to be underlined.

I think either Kurt or Taker could be one of the MErs at the show, but not both of them. I think I'd like Angle and Taker at XXI. Not for the title. This is absurd.

Um, where in the WON is this? I've got it and can't find any of this stuff anywhere in it.

And by the way, it's the August 23rd edition, not August 25th.

The 8/23 Observer is the Hall of Fame newsletter. The 8/25 is the regular edition of the Observer. There were two different Observers sent out this week because HOF one is a special editon.

Other than the fact that the match might take place at Wrestlemania, I had the same idea for the UT/Angle match. Build both of them up as unbeatable until they cross each others path. However I had this match happening at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble with Angle winning. Then it's Angle vs. Cena at Wrestlemania using the fact that Cena is 0-3 against Angle as the storyline.

Guest Anglesault
Other than the fact that the match might take place at Wrestlemania, I had the same idea for the UT/Angle match. Build both of them up as unbeatable until they cross each others path. However I had this match happening at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble with Angle winning. Then it's Angle vs. Cena at Wrestlemania using the fact that Cena is 0-3 against Angle as the storyline.

Honestly, their best bets for Mania (Kurt Angle wise) were Taker, or some how getting HBK or Rocky over to SD!. (Maybe Eddie for the belt again, but I'm kind of souring on that). Those guys would have the ability to work the total package (Compelling feud, strong match) for a high card Mania match better than Angle and anyone else.

Guest Salacious Crumb

What good does this do anyone on Smackdown? You're building up two guys who won't be around more than a year. Angle especially could be gone at any given second. Why build up two guys who don't have the ability to have a lasting impact on the show. Wouldn't this serve Guerrero or Cena better? They'll even sacrifice JBL to this feud and they built him up at the expense of most of Smackdown. Cena at one time could've carried this company but they've dropped the ball on him and several others with this nonsense.

Guest Staravenger

I have the perfect idea for the Smackdown main event for Wrestlemania XXI...

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle for the World Title. Move Benoit over to Smackdown with the loophole created by Long/Bischoff at Summerslam, have Angle win the title sometime down the line, and have Benoit win it at WM.

Um, where in the WON is this? I've got it and can't find any of this stuff anywhere in it.

And by the way, it's the August 23rd edition, not August 25th.

The 8/23 Observer is the Hall of Fame newsletter. The 8/25 is the regular edition of the Observer. There were two different Observers sent out this week because HOF one is a special editon.

haha, oh crap, I should check my mailbox then

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle for the World Title. Move Benoit over to Smackdown with the loophole created by Long/Bischoff at Summerslam, have Angle win the title sometime down the line, and have Benoit win it at WM.

Its a beautiful idea. :)

Guest Anglesault

Its a beautiful idea. :)

The first six times they feuded. I think the idea to put "Angle vs. Benoit" into the "Past success/Emergency feud" file was a smart one.

It's a feud that worked out very well when they did it, so they know that it's available if Plan A falls through. But if you just beat that feud over the fans' heads over and over again, it will grow very stale.

There's a reason we haven't seen a true HHH vs. The Rock feud Post Quad.

So with the rumored matches for WM, it looks like a heel will finally win the Royal Rumble? Being either Triple H or Angle?

They need to build up Cena, and have him win the Royal Rumble, facing Angle, Eddie, or Taker at WrestleMania. WrestleMania should establish a new main eventer. Angle vs. Taker should be a main event for another PPV.

Guest Anglesault
So with the rumored matches for WM, it looks like a heel will finally win the Royal Rumble? Being either Triple H or Angle?

Taker could.

I'd rather have Angle / Taker for No Mercy than Undertaker and fucking Bradshaw again.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

I dont think Orton will be champ going into Mania, so he'll likely win the Rumble.

So with the rumored matches for WM, it looks like a heel will finally win the Royal Rumble?

Ric Flair, '92

Yokozuna, '93

Shawn Michaels, '95 (though I thought he was a tweener)

Vince McMahon, '99

It's not out of the question.

Guest Staravenger
So with the rumored matches for WM, it looks like a heel will finally win the Royal Rumble?

Ric Flair, '92

Yokozuna, '93

Vince McMahon, '99

I think he means recently. Vince McMahon hardly counts (and I'm sure no one WANTS to count him), so the last heel to win and get a WWF Title Shot at Wrestlemania was Shawn Michaels in 1995. (Austins RR 97 win resulted in the Final Four match at IYH: Final Four, and McMahon forfeited his win)

I think those who state that Angle being political/protected NOW is senseless are right. Angle is not going to get any more over than he is now and I think it has to do with how he was booked in 2001-2002 as a goof. Too bad Angle wasn't as smart to the business then as he is now. Angle/Taker really makes no sense when you consider the stuff Angle has done against Eddie and Cena. That is why perhaps UT wants things to be two winning streaks colliding at Mania 21. There is really no long term backstory here like the Orton/HHH match would have. The story is in either Cena or Eddie avenging Angle. Maybe that should be the main event of Mania 21. However, if I was booking this I wouldn't have Angle OR Taker in the title match at all(a backup plan yes). Pit HBK with Angle. I find it very strange Angle does not lobby for a match against HBK if he is really trying to go down in the history books as the greatest. He might be insecure against HBK maybe I think. Even not wanting to face Flair is odd, but challenging Bret Hart? Benoit/Angle is also a good choice and back-up plan.

Austin DID put over people in his heel turn. Look at his matches with Kurt Angle. Austin put over Kurt Angle, but they screwed it up by making him Stone Cold Kurt(one example of where Angle should have been smart). Look at his match with Chris Benoit in Edmonton. You don't have to job to put someone over and Austin is the prime example with his job to Hart at WM 13. Undertaker has never put anyone over except Brock Lesnar without getting his job back or something. Even with Brock it was rumoured he was going to get the assignment that Booker T got with Taker post Mania XX. I understand the whole dead man aura and everything, but when you got even HHH jobbing for you it's an accomplishment(and I know booking wise that was the better move, but says it all with how strong Taker is built).

So what if McMahon and Austin didn't go on to the Rumble, and wrestled the main event.

They are still recorded as Royal Rumble winners.

Actually, there were rumours that Austin vs. Vince was going to headline WM 15 around the fall of 98. That would have been so stupid imo.

Guest JMA

I really hate the fact that Bradshaw has beaten Eddie in ALL THREE high-profile matches that they've had (at Judgment Day, The Great American Bash, and the Smackdown Cage Match). This is the second time WWE has had a racist heel dominate an opponent who he is prejudiced against. It really sends out a bad message, not to mention it hurt Eddie's momentum to lose so much to a hastily pushed midcarder.

Honestly, Eddie should have won convincingly at Judgment Day and JBL should've moved on to a feud with Cena.

I don't mind Taker / Angle for that title, just not at WM, save that for No Mercy, Survivor Series, RR, or No Way Out or some shit.

Cena has got to go over Rock at Wrestlemania, with Cena the heel. A heel turn would give Cena some of his 'edge' and coolness back that has been lacking since his face turn. And a verbal sparring-match between him and Rock would be great to watch. Plus you get the fact that Cena goes over one of the top guys on the roster (sure Rock's part-time but he's still at the top).

It's all about Eddie/Angle part three at Mania. Or it should be anyway. Taker beats JBL at No Mercy, Kurt beats Taker at Series, Eddie beats Kurt at Mania. Huzzah. You can do the Cena/Angle bits along the way. Kurt beats Cena at No Mercy. Then Cena challenges Angle for the belt at the Rumble, with Kurt going over again. Then, after Mania, you can have Cena finally established as a main eventer by beating Kurt, maybe at SS next year. Have Cena going in to the match 0-5 to Kurt in PPVs. Then Kurt puts Cena over before going on to important people (Rock, HBK, Flair and one last match with Benoit) before retiring. Double huzzah. Then Cena and Eddie can have a feud, with Cena going tweener. Move Jericho and Christian to SD and have them in the title picture. Money in the bank.

Guest Salacious Crumb

The only problem with that is you're depending on Angle to stay healthy for that long which he has proven he can't do.

Just have him wrestle the way he is now. Keep him out of most tv matches. Besides, I only care about getting him to Mania to job to Eddie. The stuff with Cena after that isn't as important. Plus, Kurt will keep coming back after he gets injured.

Ric Flair, '92

Yokozuna, '93

Vince McMahon, '99

I think he means recently. Vince McMahon hardly counts (and I'm sure no one WANTS to count him), so the last heel to win and get a WWF Title Shot at Wrestlemania was Shawn Michaels in 1995. (Austins RR 97 win resulted in the Final Four match at IYH: Final Four, and McMahon forfeited his win)

Didn't Big Show get it overturned for him?

Guest Staravenger

He got a contenders match versus The Rock, but I don't think the result on TV (or anywhere) changed because you can't over-turn a referee's decision. Of course, that logic went out the window quite a lot when it fit into story.