Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

Storm Comments

Guest Fire and Knives

No, he's right. That's it.

The whole thing.

Honest.

K.

I have some Storm comments but after reading that hack job of a match I 'm not going to write them as I'm a tad pissed about now. It's obvious someone's not reading the bio's to well because granted I think she would have lost to Flesher regardless as he's obviosly very good but she is not a freaking jobber by any stretch. I don't know why I even bothered to write a 5300 word match as carefully as I did when it turns out to be a fucking squash match.

Guest Tonights Highlite
"Damn, what did Flesher do? No ticket?"

LINE of the NIGHT.

That'd be my little bit of input on Spike's promo.

Congratulations to Johnny. I would however like to point out a couple of things for the sake of future reference (not meant as a shot at Johnny so much as to make sure other people know this):

-The Toxxic Shock Syndrome is a swinging sitout Pedigree, not a Tornado DDT. It used to be my finisher, so trust me on this. It can be done out of the corner LIKE a Tornado DDT, but it is not one.

-I CANNOT KICK OUT OF A FINISHER. It says it plain in my stats. Toxxic does NOT have the vitality to kick out of ANY finisher unless there is a MAJOR delay between move and pin. The MI Slam would have made me into toast.

-having impossibly kicked out of the MI Slam, me kipping up is ludicrous. Pretty much the only time Toxxic does that is just after a Role Reversal when he's in control of the match - not to mention the fact that at that point he's in fucking AGONY. Again, it's in the stats.

Nevertheless - if it wasn't for those three things I would have had NO problems with your match beating me, it was a truly excellent effort. As it is, I'm a little unhappy that things that are clearly noted in my profile were ignored, plus that bizarre bit of no-selling at the end... but ultimately, Johnny can write whatever he wants and it was not him who decided which match won. Congratulations again for finally winning the big one.

It's obvious someone's not reading the bio's to well because granted I think she would have lost to Flesher regardless as he's obviosly very good but she is not a freaking jobber by any stretch.

Don't hate on the reclining body scissors. :)

Didn't you have Flesher pass out in your match?

There's a pretty big difference is havig someone lose via a sleeper hold after a hard fought see-saw match than having someone get pinned after a freakin glorified knife edge. In the match I wrote Flesher passed out to the asian death lock which is a) a sleeper hold and b) a finisher. I didn't make him tap and the victory came after a series of big moves. In Fleshers match I think Candace got in like one offensive move in the entire match and gets pinned after getting hit by a knife edge chop? I mean WTF?

Maybe i'm just being pissy and i'm sure some people are just saying he's only made beause he lost but I really don;t care about that. The thing thats really got my going was the total disregard for the character or her bio. She is a very skilled wrestler who spent like 8 years wrestling pro in Japan and suddenly looks like she never even stepped into a ring before. The "Deer in the headlights" look should be saved for someone who is actually making their first match. Candaces speed is her best asset whereas Flesher is rated a 2 for speed yet throughtout the match Flesher is much faster than she is. There was some cheap shot about the name Okimmurra" Obviously someone is not familiar with Japanese phonetics"(BTW Okimmurra is a real Japanese name I dug up frm searching a web site on All Japan Pro wrestling. There was a former champion in the 60's or 70s that had that as a last name so it's a real Japanese name and not something I just made up on a whim).

Again I think squash matches like that should be reserved for people who don't even bother to show up. When you spend a good ten to twelve hours writing a match and are pretty careful to follow their bio and not do anything to break their kayfabe and then you ready their match and its a total butcher job on your character it tends not to sit well.

Oh well back to the drawing board

In Fleshers match I think Candace got in like one offensive move in the entire match and gets pinned after getting hit by a knife edge chop? I mean WTF?

Not that I want to get into a big psychology debate... we all know how well those go in the comments thread...

A palm strike, following a Logical Disconnect [in what was a pretty explicit case of "I have the pin, but I'll pull her up because I'm an ego freak and want to get the pin with my signature strike"], following any number of previous moves. The accumulated damage was enormous.

But yeah, I'm a hack. If there's one thing I lack, it's consistency. (Y)

Aw, c'mon Toxxic; don't you think that the reigning champion should be entitiled to no-sell at least once?

Not when the reigning champion is me, and not when it explicitly states in the reigning champion's stats that he CANNOT kick out of a finisher. No-selling is fine and dandy for those as want it, but Toxxic is a 218lb wrestler with Vitality 4. He's not going to kick out of the MI Slam, let alone kip up straight after it. i don't care about adrenaline or anything else - HE IS NOT THAT TOUGH.

Rant over.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Well comments I guess...

Opening promo with Zenon giving Siclen what he wanted... and giving us the fans, what we wanted... a nice promo to set up the stage.

Another good promo with Toxxic/Justin Bowers which kept me rather interested.

Todd gets the win over Maddixfaction, which is only the tip of the iceberg for these fellows tonight.

Davis scores a count out win over Dace..

Brian Levy seems to be a character with more drugs in him then me, Kibz and Crowe put together.

Flesher wins with the Palm Strike... I expect this to be sold as near falls anytime soon now. Makes me wish I burried Candace's tits into her chest with a few of them... but I'm not that mean. I stick to piledrivers on chairs. :ph34r:

Spike gets two beat downs in... where it seemed he replaced Todd with Tom, and wrote the same beatdown. :lol:

King writes an alright fourway match, getting decent drama in, and for once, utilizing the Kataha-Jime in the finish. I liked that touch. Noshow an ICTV match and be put into a world title contender match... ahh... only on the internet.

Mike Van Siclen finally puts Hollywood Boulevard as the tag champs... good stuff.

Suicide King is dipping his nose in more and more...

Johnny D winz the Big One in what is definitely the biggest upset since Ash winning over Flesher. And I mean upset because we didn't get to see him get creamed. ZING

And finally a new angle to Card/Landon and their hos. Which involves the King... no not Max King... the Suicide King you crazy assholes! Read on!

“Her opponent is someone who is so far above her, Dragon Okimurra has absolutely no hope of winning tonight. Why, one may ask, is this match even occurring? Why is Tom Flesher, SWF Legend, future Hall of Famer, two-time World Champion, current Cruiserweight Champion and workhorse extraordinaire, pretty boy nonpareil, even deigning to step into the ring against a rookie from Japan? Quite simply, he’s horny. So, weighing in at 229.9 pounds, he is the SUPERIOR ONE, TOM FLESHER~!”

That was probably my favorite part. Excellent job, Taamo.

Good job, Johnny.

Also, go go Cortez, with a big win over Mr. Maddix.

Very interesting developments with the King of Hearts and Mr. Zenon.

And, of course, Mike Van Siclen vs. The Masked Man, grudge match of the year. Go us.

Drat - I should have figured my liberalities would get me in trouble. My bad with the Toxxic Shock Syndrome, Toxxic, I obviously misread it as it could be either or—pedigree or DDT—instead of it could be done LIKE a tornado DDT.

As far as the rest of it, I read your stats and followed them, but I deviated from them a bit, I’ll admit. Basically I just wanted to push the envelope on how resilient he could be when pushed with retaining the World Championship, and hurting or not he had to get up. That’s what I was aiming for when I wrote that portion, though I’m not sure it came across that way. I guess I’ll leave pushing characters past their limits to the handlers themselves for the future.

On a side note, and no offense to Toxxic meant at all… but hooooooooly shit. I never thought I’d see this day. I got to send the love to Wildchild; he always pushed me farther when I felt I had nothing to write, and has actually been an OOC writing partner as well as a tag team partner.

Raynor was a big inspiration as was Edwin, and all they did was let me read good matches. I kind of ripped my writing format off Raynor somewhat with all the sound effects and what not, so I have to give an even better shout to him.

Flesher - for simply putting up with my questions on how to do ‘so-and-so’ and helping with a lot of shit. Also the freaking Suicide King helped a lot with giving me a good path to try and follow while working up the card. The same thing was also done later on by Z, who is really a cool dude to take the time out for that, I really appreciated that one as well. And before this gets out of control; lots of thanks to TnT, Thoth, TBS(towel match), Judge, and that talented bastard Silent, who gave me the idea to do this from when he did it.

I’ll actually comment on the rest of the show in a bit, and again, my apologize if I messed up your character, Toxxic, I’ll get it right on the rematch.

Aw, c'mon Toxxic; don't you think that the reigning champion should be entitiled to no-sell at least once?

Not when the reigning champion is me, and not when it explicitly states in the reigning champion's stats that he CANNOT kick out of a finisher. No-selling is fine and dandy for those as want it, but Toxxic is a 218lb wrestler with Vitality 4. He's not going to kick out of the MI Slam, let alone kip up straight after it. i don't care about adrenaline or anything else - HE IS NOT THAT TOUGH.

Rant over.

Hrmm... so Toxxic's a character that's too fast to get hit, but can't take a lick when he gets caught... That's eerily similar to the way that I originally wrote WC, and I took so much grief over it that I changed my stats to make him more resilient; I guess people have learned to adjust to people's stats better since then...

Anyway, good to know; I agree that people should respect their opponent's stats, but I guess I just don't agree that having the reigning World Heavyweight Champion no-selling a finisher like the MI Slam, which is one of the weaker finishers in the entire fed (no offense, Johnny) is as major an offense as you seem to think it is, even if it does say "cannot kick out of finishers" in your stats.

Of course, it is your character, and it's really not my place to tell you how your character's stats should be interpreted, but I don't personally consider the World Champion no-selling a finisher to be as big a deal as a midcarder no-selling one.

- Dub "you're right about the kip-up, though; that was a bit much" Cee

When everyone's finished ranting, any detailed thoughts on my stuff would be appreciated as it's a pretty big storyline and I wanna know how it came off.

Cheers.

I'll put this here again, incase someone sees it amongst the usual arguements.

Guys...we've just had a GREAT show, with big developments and a new SWF World Heavyweight Champion. So far, the thread has consisted of Candace complaining about Flesher's match and discussion over the MI Slam being using in the main event.

Johnny can't go back and change his match. What's done is done. Whever it was right or wrong, it's done. Toxxic will make the most of what happened no doubt, despite it going against his character. Again, Johnny can't just say 'fuck it, I'll change the ending'...so really, all discussing this is doing is taking away from what was one of our more impressive shows recently.

And yes, I'll be commenting as soon as I get time. Hopefully by then, someone will have thoughts on my story or anything over than the MI Slam.