TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Yeah, I doubt those are the Others, which was my thought since they first showed up last week. I guessed they were some of the other 815 survivors.

Is Jack turning into a dick or what? At least with his reaction to Desmond in the jungle, there were some hints as to why he believes in science so much, apart from being a doctor, I mean. Perhaps he was right all along about what's her name's surgery and her condition worsened, or she left him for someone else, or something.

We still don't know why Locke is paralyzed or why his relationship with Helen went sour. At least one more Locke episode is forthcoming.

Holy shite, was Jin speaking English in that preview?

Yes, he was, and that intrigues me more than anything else for next week's episode. Is it just me too, or does it seem that someone we haven't seen in a long time is in the trailer for next week investigating the food pantry?

Ok so the video explained the polar bears with the zoology, the compass and planes and ships crashing with the magnetism (which we knew already) but raised the question further about what the countdown was to. It's a safety precaution so is it a self destruct?

I thought it was pretty obvious from the getgo that the "others" were the other survivors of the plane crash.

Was Ethan Desmond's partner and was he trying to bring Claire down into the hatch to protect her and the baby she was carrying? When he attacked Jack and Claire was found, they both showed up out of nowhere, did they come out of the other exits?

Another awesome Locke episode. We still don't know why he was in the wheelchair. Now Helen is in the picture so we need to find out what happened between them to drive her away.

What the hell is going on with Jin? That preview had me going all types of crazy. I've almost given up speculating at this point - it's getting impossible to predict.

And yes, that was Rose in the pantry.

Was Ethan Desmond's partner and was he trying to bring Claire down into the hatch to protect her and the baby she was carrying?  When he attacked Jack and Claire was found, they both showed up out of nowhere, did they come out of the other exits?

Even if Ethan wasn't his real name, I got the impression that Desmond had been handling the countdown on his own for much longer than just one month.

Jack turning into a dick has been going on since the middle of last season and I'm glad to see it kicking in. He's much more interesting sparring with everybody than he is as merely everyman super-good guy.

Didn't Desmond say that his partner died? Well, if Ethan were the partner, he would've said "dissapeared" instead of "died," since there's no way he could've known what happened.

Holy shite, was Jin speaking English in that preview?

Part of me hopes yes. The other part hopes that they wouldn't spoil something like that in a preview.

Here's a question for you.

The guy on the film reel who was talking, what ethnicity was he?

Korean maybe?

Coupled with the possible-spoiler in the preview, and the knowledge that Jin's daddy in law sent Jin on that flight to deliver something? Could crime-lord daddy be somehow involved? If you go to that Hanso Foundation website it mentions that Hanso used to sell weapons during WWII?

Oh, here's something else cool I found on another site. Look at the location/coordinates of this island.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4.815+162.34...87195&t=k&hl=en

also, if you zoom out you'll find its almost right in the way of Sydney-->LA. Coincidence? Possibly.

OK - I'm really starting to lose interest with this whole 'push the button every 108 minutes' crap. I still do want to see what's going on with Sawyer, Jin and Mike though and if those guys are really the others or just people from the plane.

Oh, and if this all ends up being just some giant social experiment set up by Dharma to pit people against one another, seeing how they react, making them press buttons, etc. Then that will be gay

Here's a question for you.

The guy on the film reel who was talking, what ethnicity was he?

Korean maybe?

Coupled with the possible-spoiler in the preview, and the knowledge that Jin's daddy in law sent Jin on that flight to deliver something? Could crime-lord daddy be somehow involved? If you go to that Hanso Foundation website it mentions that Hanso used to sell weapons during WWII?

Could be, I was thinking along those lines too. I think maybe his watch may have triggered the crash, but that's just my crazy 1% chance crackpot theory. Perhaps he was not apologizing to his father in his flashback of who he had become, but what he still had to do.

I agree though, if he really does speak English, that is something I would want to wait to see during the episode, but I'll be damned if I won't be thinking about it all week!

No.

Because Sun's father, and hte man Jin works for, is

1) Rich

2) Very powerful corporation

3) Criminal

It would make sense that funding could come from such a source. Theres a fictional webpage put out by disney about the foundation cited in the film.

Just catching up on Season 1 as well during the week. Did anyone else notice in Jin's later episode - where it shows him go to "deliver a message" for Sun's father the first time - the daughter of the man he's delivering a message to is watching TV. Pause and zoom in and you can see it's footage of Hurley winning the lottery (with subtitles of course). :)

No.

Because Sun's father, and hte man Jin works for, is

1) Rich

2) Very powerful corporation

3) Criminal

It would make sense that funding could come from such a source.  Theres a fictional webpage put out by disney about the foundation cited in the film.

Good point. What's the disney page?

I don't think those are Danielle's Others.  I think all of those people are Flight 815 survivors.  Would real there-16-years Others be wearing pencil skirts?  We'll see.

Much better episode.  Well done in giving us a bit about the research program, but making it very clear that weird shit was going on at the island before they arrived, presumably in 1980.

I agree. IMO, they're the tail-end survivors and maybe they think the front-end survivors are "The Others"... curiouser and curiouser..

I think the Others are perhaps survivors gone mad from the original experiments? perhaps continuing the experiements even though its all over?

Vivi, here the links

http://www.di9fftr731.com/ (DHARMA)

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

gotta love those lists of projects. The HANSO page is legit, as a link goes back to Disney. Plus theres a hidden DHARMA link.

So looking back to "Walkabout" we see Locke talking to "Helen" on the phone. Now, the voice sounds nothing like Katy Segal so here's what I figure: After the shit with the current Helen goes sour Locke went off the deep end and started to pay a woman over the phone to pretend that she was Helen. The woman on the other end of the line is charging him something around 80 bucks an hour which is (I assume) not normal charge for something like phone sex. She also uses the phrase "This isn't what I do, this isn't really normal for me". Something to think about.

And I'm placing it in high doubt that the hatch we see is the only one located on the island.

So looking back to "Walkabout" we see Locke talking to "Helen" on the phone. Now, the voice sounds nothing like Katy Segal so here's what I figure: After the shit with the current Helen goes sour Locke went off the deep end and started to pay a woman over the phone to pretend that she was Helen. The woman on the other end of the line is charging him something around 80 bucks an hour which is (I assume) not normal charge for something like phone sex. She also uses the phrase "This isn't what I do, this isn't really normal for me". Something to think about.

And I'm placing it in high doubt that the hatch we see is the only one located on the island.

I more or less got the impression that phone-Helen was a one of those 1-800 psychics.. Locke seems more like the type who'd call a psychic rather than a phone sex line. After somehow breaking up with the Katy Segal Helen, he called in and got a psychic that was also named Helen. That just brought back feelings that he had for the original Helen and he started to cling to this one, hoping he could repair the mistakes he made with the original Helen.

Just an idea.

Sign in to follow this