TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Nope, I am not. Are you?

I just got the link from someone at DVDTalk, and thought it was really cool.

This show continues to be one huge mindfuck after another.

Nope, I am not. Are you?

I just got the link from someone at DVDTalk, and thought it was really cool.

This show continues to be one huge mindfuck after another.

Yup, same username as here. ;)

I read somewhere that all of the actors have it written in their contracts that they can be written/killed off anytime. I love THAT unpredictable nature of the show. That everyone is essentially a main character, but at the same time is entirely disposable.

Yep, I made fake pictures, you caught me.

Yuk, yuk, yuk!

I read somewhere that all of the actors have it written in their contracts that they can be written/killed off anytime. I love THAT unpredictable nature of the show. That everyone is essentially a main character, but at the same time is entirely disposable.

If that's true, that's awesome. I had no idea about that. They also have it set up so that the show could continue for quite a few seasons. I wonder if we'll be getting flashbacks for the other group of people as well.

If that's true, that's awesome. I had no idea about that. They also have it set up so that the show could continue for quite a few seasons. I wonder if we'll be getting flashbacks for the other group of people as well.

Yah, come to think of it - I think it might have been in one of the special feature vignettes from Season 1's DVD set.

The shark pic doesn't quite look like a swan (the inside of the DHARMA shape) Maybe the inside of the DHARMA shape looks differnet because it s the marker of the one of the other "sections" or bunkers or whatever. Remember, the hatch bunker was referred to as the swan, maybe the shape on the plane is different animal.

This was posted an another board:

Hey guys, GREAT new interview with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse in the brand-new TV GUIDE (the first magazine-sized issue).  They talk about the Orienatation film, the computer in the hatch, Jack's first meeting with Desmond, the two "Helens" and even give some significant spoilers for the rest of the season including this one:

A major female character is going to die before the Holidays!

Pick it up if you get the chance!

I've heard that there is a clue about who it is in the Dharma video:

http://thehansofoundation.org/dharma.html

Something having to do with the main guy's hand.

This was posted an another board:

Hey guys, GREAT new interview with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse in the brand-new TV GUIDE (the first magazine-sized issue).  They talk about the Orienatation film, the computer in the hatch, Jack's first meeting with Desmond, the two "Helens" and even give some significant spoilers for the rest of the season including this one:

A major female character is going to die before the Holidays!

Pick it up if you get the chance!

I've heard that there is a clue about who it is in the Dharma video:

http://thehansofoundation.org/dharma.html

Something having to do with the main guy's hand.

I'm going to say, not considering any clues from the video, that it's Shannon/Maggie Grace. If only because it looks like she's getting into movies now...

From the TV Guide article:

"It's important to note that we've never said when the plane crashed. I think the assumption is that is happened in 2004 when the show premiered, but we've never said that. Everything [on the show] is measured in terms of PC and AC, pre-crash and after-crash. No [character] ever refers to elections or events in history that would date exactly where we are in time."

Of course, all of this could just be lies.

I have nothing wortwhile to contribute to the discussion, just a pointless question.

I've been getting caught up on Season 1, and I noticed something odd. The flashbacks in every single episode are introed and outroed with a... sound. Hell if I know how to describe it, but you all know the sound, that says "Here comes a flashback!" or "Hey, the flashback's over!" Every episode has these sounds except Kate's second episode, Born to Run.

I've been downloading the episodes, so maybe the sound is there and I just got a bad copy (someone with the DVD's wanna check?). It just seemed so weird not to hear that sound. Was it just a mistake, or was that sound absent for a reason?

No [character] ever refers to elections or events in history that would date exactly where we are in time."

Not true. Boone mentions the Patriot Act when Hurley is going around with his census thing in season 1, so it's at least late 2001. And when Kate and Tom (that's his name, right?) are digging for the time capsule under the tree, I'm pretty sure they mention that it's been a certain amount of years that it's been there and then the tape recording says the exact date (8/15, sometime in the 80s, I think). I'm too lazy to check the DVDs right now, but if anyone wants to go back and double check that one for me, I could be wrong.

Guest Fishyswa

The symbol on the Shark isn't the Swan. That makes me think the 5 other "stations" are on the "island" as well.

I just really want to know what happens when the timer isn't reset. Everything up until that happens is gonna be hard to remember.

Yep, I made fake pictures, you caught me.

Yuk, yuk, yuk!

I didnt mean you made the fake pictures DH. :P Silly.

And thats great that they have that in their contract. I like shock value and unpredictability

I think the fact that they dont mention the exact time is important, because time does seem to be a bit more complicated on the island.

We know that we're in the post-9/11 world though. To add to that discussion, consider Sayid retrieving his terrorist friend in Sydney. Gotta be late 2001 or older, like treble says

I'm a tad irked that nobody has died yet. Guess those rumours about a certain actor having contractual issues with JJ was bullshit although I do recall an interview where Abrams says that somebody is going to die and will not be returning at all.

Is anybody thinking that when the timer finally ticks off without being reset that it will end the episode and we won't find out what happens until next week? I can see myself being pissed off about that one and it probably won't happen for months yet.

I think all of the stations are on the island as well - as they said the problems with the swan occurred at that particular point in the island - not just on the island itself.

Is anybody thinking that when the timer finally ticks off without being reset that it will end the episode and we won't find out what happens until next week?

The last episode of the season.

A lot of fucked up shit is going on.

The final scene: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 ------- *The Lost title floats across the screen, ending the season*

Yep.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or, sometime this season the timer will count all the way down to 0, but nothing will happen, and we'll assume it was just a test to see if they would press the button. We'll only find out in a future episode that it affected the other group of people or something like that, when they do another episode where it shows what was going on somewhere else at that same time.

I'm a tad irked that nobody has died yet. Guess those rumours about a certain actor having contractual issues with JJ was bullshit although I do recall an interview where Abrams says that somebody is going to die and will not be returning at all.

LotC ... it's only been a few episodes, not even a month yet. It's too soon in the new season to be bumping people off. Methinks the death will happen in November, for sweeps week.

From TV Guide (direct quotes from Damon Lindelof or Carlton Cuse [exec producer]):

-The "orientation" film contains missing pieces, which will become important plot points down the road.

-A major female character dies in an episode before the holidays.

-We'll learn how the Mr. Rutherford who died is related to Shannon in an episode during Nov. sweeps.

-Walt said to Shannon: "Push the button. Don't push the button. Bad."

Is anybody thinking that when the timer finally ticks off without being reset that it will end the episode and we won't find out what happens until next week?

The last episode of the season.

A lot of fucked up shit is going on.

The final scene: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0 ------- *The Lost title floats across the screen, ending the season*

Yep.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or, sometime this season the timer will count all the way down to 0, but nothing will happen, and we'll assume it was just a test to see if they would press the button. We'll only find out in a future episode that it affected the other group of people or something like that, when they do another episode where it shows what was going on somewhere else at that same time.

Final Scene: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, GIANT-ass version of the noise the Monster makes ---*LOST*

LotC ... it's only been a few episodes, not even a month yet. It's too soon in the new season to be bumping people off. Methinks the death will happen in November, for sweeps week.

'Cept that the interview I read said that the person who dies is getting it early on, like within the first few episodes of the season.

though there's another thread on this... iTunes is selling Lost episodes the night after they air for 1.99 per ep, or something like 35 bucks for the whole first season.

here's a report from somebody over on slashdot:

I just downloaded Lost. I figured $1.99 was worth seeing the video quality, finding out out the file size, and watching my favorite TV show of the season while I work. ;-)

The file is indeed 320x240, and for 43 minutes and change, is 197 megabytes. The download took a little time; I'm not sure how much since I forgot to clock it.

The video is compressed very well. It looks clear and crisp, and the audio sounds great. In fact, I scaled it up to full screen and had a cluster of people watching a few choice scenes (we were trying to identify the manufacturer of the reel-to-reel drives ;-) ). The video is very watchable.

This will be interesting... I wonder what sorts of bonus material they will include?

Also, its interesting to note that video is not very well integrated into iTunes (for Windows). For example, when I right-click on the file, it still says "Show Song File." Also, you'd think that Apple, being Apple, would stick my downloaded videos into another folder than "My Music" in "My Documents."

These are small things. However, these are the things that Apple generally gets right.

Shit, man. There was nothing to get all misty-eyed over at the end but it didn't matter. The montage by the fire, Bernard with tears in his eyes......fuck. That was great.

So Libby meets Michael. Same Libby who defended Walts's mom during the custody trial? Maybe.

Hurley's boss at the Chicken Place also being Locke's boss at the box company? Fucking A.

I'll need to keep telling myself that Jin survives next week or I might not make it.

This whole pressing the button shit is getting annoying.

I give Jack a lot of credit for realizing this, although I was disappointed when he gave in and hit the button. Also, it doesn't make much sense that Locke is so obsessed with entering the code when he takes it on faith that the Island is generally a good Island. If Locke had faith in the Island, why would he feel the need to enter the code?

Can the possibly really think that the fate of the world is dependent on a two-person team entering an arbitrary code every 108 minutes? And as Jack said, with only minimal information?

Yeah I really liked it too.

While the first 3 episodes of the season were good, none of them had the great character stuff that made season 1 fun, so this was nice, getting back to the characters. Ending montage was nice too.

The only downside was Ana Lucia being the cliche 'super duper tough chick'. Well maybe Saywer will bang her which will make everything right in the world. :D

Hurley's boss at the Chicken Place also being Locke's boss at the box company? Fucking A.

What the hell? Are you sure about that? Not even sure how that's possible considering different countries and we already had Hurley buying Locke's company after winning the lottery.

Sign in to follow this