TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Charlie tracking Locke? I call Bullshit.

One possible defense is that Locke had was in a hurry, since he had no real time frame from Sawyer. He needed to get the guns way the hell away from the bunker as fast as he could, so he might not have been watching as closely as normal.

I do like the idea of Locke pulling the long con, though... I hope you're right.

I doubt Locke did pull the long con, because he can only divert the attention to Sawyer for awhile. Jack already doesn't trust Locke after the stunt last night.

Kudos to the person who said Locke might keep the statues because Charlie said it was a test from the island, (although it was never implied).

Also did anybody think Locke was B.S.ing with Jack when he said he felt bad for Michael being gone, when just a few episodes ago he was ready to leave without him?

Guest Vitamin X

I thought it was interesting when Jack asked Locke about the statues, and Locke's response that they might have therapeutic value and also that he was superstitious. I half-expected Jack to smash them right then and there.

I thought it was also a great touch that Charlie didn't give a shit about the drugs, more about being made to look like a fool. That makes him infinitely more interesting than before, and it also ties in well to his story because it wasn't so much about the drugs that had him go into a downward spiral, it was about feeling disrespected from the get go.

I'm hoping for Claire to maybe respect a bit more later for not having done it for the drugs. I don't expect Charlie to stay full-out heel for too long, and I definitely don't want to see Monaghan off the show, considering he's one of the best actors on the show.

Speaking of which, last night's episode reminded me of why Sawyer's my favorite character on the show, and I'd say Josh Holloway or Terry O'Quinn are the best actors on the show. I don't think anyone could play those roles better than they do.

Was Sawyer looking to the empty driver's seat in the car the last shot of the episode? My tape cut out.

Great episode, as you've all said. Whoever said that it makes the last blah Charlie episode more worthwhile is definitely right. Also, I loved all the in-jokes as to the really convoluted theories about the show. Hurley saying "or any time--just kidding dude," and the book Locke was looking at, which you might have noticed as Ambrose Bierce's An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge. That book is fairly famous for being one of the first "it was all a dream!" stories, as the entire book turns out to be the dream of a dying soldier in the Civil War.

I thought that last nights episode was by far the best episode of season 2. I haven't been enjoying this season at all but this episode was really good, and it is no surprise that it focused more on some of the original characters. The ending with Charlie and Sawyer talking in the jungle was crazy and I honestly did not see it coming.

Ana Lucia still sucked and I cannot wait until she dies. She has been the worst thing about Lost since she was introduced.

Damn, Merry is one lucky Hobbit

Speaking of which, last night's episode reminded me of why Sawyer's my favorite character on the show, and I'd say Josh Holloway or Terry O'Quinn are the best actors on the show. I don't think anyone could play those roles better than they do.

Did you ever see Terry O'Quinn as Peter Watts in Millennium? There's a little bit of Locke in there, or vice-versa actually. Easily one of my favourite tv-actors, ever.

Damn, Merry is one lucky Hobbit

Yeah. But her face man.. well, mostly her mouth/teeth. There's just something about her in and around that area that really bugs me.

Guest Vitamin X

What the fuck? Look at that ass. Fantastic. She and her freckles are cute, though. But Claire's by far the most attractive female on the show for me.

Not to drag this thread down into the old standard "wrestling fans rate chicks thread", but ...

1. Kate

2. Claire

3. Libby

4. Sun

5. Ana Lucia

HM: Shannon was #2 before AL capped her.

Guest Vitamin X

I'd have Sun as the least attractive female. she's got a face like a persian cat. AL at least has nice lips. Shannon was only slightly more attractive than Sun, at least to me.

Guest Cactus

Claire is the one I like the best in terms of looks.

Aaannyways, this Lost better own up because I think we are taking a month break after this one, if not this one, the next one.

I'm thinking the alarm WILL hit Zero...and nothing will happen...on that part of the Island, but I have a feeling somewhere else, something will go wrong.

Atleast I can hope....but I don't think their station is the key to a huge bomb.

Aaannyways, this Lost better own up because I think we are taking a month break after this one, if not this one, the next one.

Does anyone know how long the 'hiatus' is? I've heard that it's only one repeat & I've heard that it's like a month ... does anyone know the real deal?

I dont want to burst anyone's bubble,

but the alarm they show hitting zero, and the bunker alarm, are totally different.

The alarm they show doesnt have the white seconds numbers, just three black numbers

Your Official LOTC Preview:

"One of Them"

Rousseau leads Sayid to a captive who may be one of the "Others," and Sawyer forces Hurley to help him track down an elusive island creature.

Credit: ABC.com

I dont want to burst anyone's bubble,

but the alarm they show hitting zero, and the bunker alarm, are totally different.

The alarm they show doesnt have the white seconds numbers, just three black numbers

wouldn't be the first time there were meaningless differences in the preview and in the actual episode. The "QUARANTINE" label on the hatch was way different in the preview than in the episode

I was watching The Long Con again last night and I thought of SJ's theory that Locke was the genius behind it all. The line at the very beggining from Locke to Jack about locking the medicine up made me think even more that it's not Sawyer who's behind this all.

To LOTC I say, Ayup.

HERE IS THE SPOILER FOR THIS WEEKS EPISODE

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING

(spoiler is by insiderscoop, the guy who spoils it every week on abc)

The following is a synopsis / spoiler for “One of Them”. If you don’t want to know what happens before the show airs then get the heck out of here. Unfortunately this was not as good as last weeks episode in my opinion but it seemed a little flat to me.

We start off in Iraq during Desert Storm. Sayid and some other Republican guards are destroying documents when U.S. troops come in and arrest them.

Too many flashbacks for me to keep track of so I’ll just give the story lines separately. To make a long story short Sayid is forced to torture/interrogate his commanding officer to obtain the whereabouts of a U.S. pilot who went down a few days earlier. He later gets released in the end. He basically blames the U.S. for turning him into a torturer.

The Losties start off with Anna running out of the jungle asking sayid where Jack is. Anna brings sayid into the jungle and shows her Danielle who is walking around with her rifle. Sayid says I’ll deal with this leave now and don’t tell anyone about this.

Danielle leads Sayid to a captured man who she believes is an Other. Sayid releases the man and Danielle shoots him in the back with her bow as he runs away. She convinces Sayid not to trust him until he is interrogated.

At the hatch Locke and Sayid talk as Jack mends his wounds. The man claims to be crossing the pacific with his wife in a hot air balloon when they crash landed 4 months ago. She got sick and died three weeks ago. Claims to be from Minnesota.

Sayid secretly asks Locke to change to combo to the armory so that he can interrogate the man without interference from Jack. Locke agrees to this. Sayid asks questions about the balloon and other things. He asked the man about his wife. How she died, where she was buried, how deep was the grave? The final question the man answered that he wasn’t sure. To this Sayid lost it having dug Shannon’s grave and placing her body in the ground. He insisted that the man would know exactly how deep and all those small details he starts to beat him.

Jack anxiously trying to get in to stop him as Locke is refuses to give the new combo. He says to Jack you started an army, why? They exchange some dialogue. Ultimately Jack puts Locke up against a wall and the timer goes off. Jack will let the timer run out if Locke doesn’t open the door.

Locke opens the door and lets Jack stop Sayid. Locke runs to the timer enters the numbers. Again he screws up he types 16 twice. Backs up continues to type He doesn’t make it in time the Alarms blaring and the clock flips like crazy you see flashes of red and black.

Then the forth one stops on a penguin (I think it was a penguin) the last stops at a red missile then the third on a different type of missile. The first two are still flipping and he hits the execute button then the clock resets to 108. This by far was the biggest jip in Lost series ever. But that was just my opinion.

We finish off with Sayid on the beach telling Charlie that he is certain that the man is one of them. Jack and Locke would never be able to understand how Sayid knows it. That’s where it ends. The only other thing that happened is Sawyer discovers Hurley eating from a secret stash of food he was hiding. Sawyer promised not to tell anyone if Hurley helps him capture some Tree Frog that was croaking and annoying Sawyer. Ultimately they find the frog and Sawyer Squashes it in his hand. ( I don’t get the point of this but)

Is tonight a Sayid episode? I am usually for the flashbacks, but I can't really think of what they can show that gets more insight. We already saw how he (probably?) got kicked out of the Republican Guard and what he was doing in Sydney. Maybe showing how our FBI agents nabbed him? Or how brutal he can be in his interrogations?

Sign in to follow this