TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I believe that the guy has a wife.

I believe that she got sick.

But she died? Nu-uh. Sayid was spot-on about remembering burying the woman you love.

Did they bother to ask his name at all?

I felt it was way too soon to put Sawyer on a funtime adventure with Hurley especially after he dropped the bombshell last week.

Finally we get some more Sayid time. One of my favorite characters from season 1.

I loved the episode, and I missed about 10 minutes of it. I think they're building up to a point where everyone wants to go to war but can't agree on how. I can see Jack leading the over-thinkers and Sawyer leading the under-thinkers with Locke/Eko conveniently in the middle/on the outside of it all.

Gale definitely wasn't completely honest, but I'm not convinced he's part of Friendly's group. That's gonna take a few episodes to figure out most likely.

And what exactly does swd3 caus. die, mean? What's the americanized interpretation?

Is that what he told you?

I think Sayeed was the one who got it out of him. I remember his first name being Henry and I read the ABC.com message boards and they said Gale was his last name. Its some reference to the Wizard of Oz too.

Forgot to post this last night, but I don't think Sayid was talking to Charlie to see if he could get a gun, or guns. I firmly believe he was using psychology on Charlie to coerce Charlie into killing Gale. Sayid knows Jack (and possibly a lot of other people) would have a serious backlash on Sayid if he killed Gale before it was confirmed he was an Other. So, he figures he will use Charlie's built in anger towards what happened to him before. Sayid also recognizes that Charlie is already an outcast from most of the group, and would be a perfect patsy.

The reason I stated that is because someone posted that Sayid was looking at Charlie and basically saying, "Where are the guns, Charlie?" I disagree that he was looking to Charlie for the guns at all....just stating what I think he was really doing.

Yeah, that's a major flaw in that plan.

I think the swerve here is that Gale will be neither an other nor will he be telling the truth. I'm not about to make some outlandish claim as to who he will actually be, but the look he gave Sayid when everyone's back was turned made things a little too obvious.

That's not like this show.

Forgot to post this last night, but I don't think Sayid was talking to Charlie to see if he could get a gun, or guns. I firmly believe he was using psychology on Charlie to coerce Charlie into killing Gale. Sayid knows Jack (and possibly a lot of other people) would have a serious backlash on Sayid if he killed Gale before it was confirmed he was an Other. So, he figures he will use Charlie's built in anger towards what happened to him before. Sayid also recognizes that Charlie is already an outcast from most of the group, and would be a perfect patsy.

Somehow, I don't see Sayid even caring about backlash. If he wants Gale dead, he'll find a way to do it himself. He's not Sawyer, he's not the type of character who's going to have others do his dirty work.

...and can I say? Fuck Jack, while we're at it. People are sick of Ana-Lucia? I'm sick of HIM.

...and can I say? Fuck Jack, while we're at it. People are sick of Ana-Lucia? I'm sick of HIM.

As lame as it is to admit, I got into an argument with a woman I work with over Jack.

I think they've written Jack to be such a fucking annoying character. Out of all the people that are vying for "leadership" roles ... he's the least deserving & the one that I'd respect the least.

As soon as he was done patching the guy up (which is what he's trained to do and what he does best) he should have stepped back and let Sayid do what he was trained to do and what he does best: extract information from a captive.

Is that what he told you?

Dude, he said it like five times.

That one clearly went over your head.

Part of me wonders if Gale was actually a part of Rousseau's relief/research crew and either she knows him and won't say why she captured him or she doesn't remember him at all and thinks he's an Other.

As lame as it is to admit, I got into an argument with a woman I work with over Jack.

I think they've written Jack to be such a fucking annoying character. Out of all the people that are vying for "leadership" roles ... he's the least deserving & the one that I'd respect the least.

As soon as he was done patching the guy up (which is what he's trained to do and what he does best) he should have stepped back and let Sayid do what he was trained to do and what he does best: extract information from a captive.

I actually really like Jack's character. Out of anybody on the island, I identify with him the most.

Jack has gradually turned more towards petulance and away from being a leader-type as the show has progressed. I'm kind of at a loss where some of the leads stand now. Locke has gone from being enigmatic to just being kind of boring, and Kate is just there, overloaded with backstory. They've fallen back into the ensemble, which is nice for the rest of the cast, but kind of disappointing considering how compelling they were in the first season.

Anyone else somewhat amused that Sawyer just left his big ol' gun in his tent when he went frog hunting? I guess it doesn't matter since only he and Charlie know where they are and he could get another quite easily, but the notion of, say, Bernard walking by and seeing *his* chance to become king of the island is kinda funny to me.

Also: Whedon fans among us should be delighted to know that Drew Goddard just signed a 2-year contract to write for Lost.

I hope the inclusion of the name "Henry Gale" is not a sign that the ending to this show will be like in The Wizard of Oz. This had better not be a dream of someone that fell asleep on the plane, or received a bump on the head during some bad turbulence.

Guest Cactus

The guy Sayid was kicking the hell out of is very BAD! I wasn't sure if he was the entire time, but once Jack pulled Sayid off of him, the look he gave Sayid was just creepy. Kinda like, "that's all you had?"

Guest OKCoyote

Henry Gale is not the only Wizard of Oz reference in this episode.

Gale said he arrived on the island when his balloon crashed.

The Wizard arrived in Oz by balloon.

Gale is bullshitting our Lost gang.

The kicker would've been if his wife was named Emily. But it wasn't - he said her name was Jennifer Murphy.

I am certain that Sayid told Charlie what he did because A) he knows Charlie helped Sawyer steal the guns, B) he knows Charlie can probably get in undetected based on that, and C) he knows Charlie has the balls to off this guy, because he iced the dude who took Claire in cold blood.

One thing that's annoying me is how everyone knows that Jack is forming this army, but no one is in it. There's just something charmingly inept about hanging out in the woods with a girl you like and calling it "army practice".

He didn't ask Locke, Sayid, Sawyer, Kate, Ecko, or Jin to be in it. So it's him and his girlfriend...and like, "Steve" or whoever else they mentioned that we don't see...

and so far they've managed to accomplish nothing... except for losing all their guns...

http://www.thetailsection.com/

I am certain that Sayid told Charlie what he did because A) he knows Charlie helped Sawyer steal the guns

Why would Sayid know that, though? I doubt Charlie was going around telling people, especially since people might eventually catch on that, if he was helping Sawyer the whole time, and no one knows who tried to kidnap Sun, but they know it wasn't an Other...too much of a risk for Charlie for him to share that info.

Besides, there's no guarantee he even still knows where the guns are. Sawyer might have moved them, so that only he knows.

Sawyer couldn't move them without somebody else's help. That was the whole point of him having Charlie help him. Sayid has probably figured that just like Locke needed Sawyer's aid in moving the guns out of the hatch in the first place, Sawyer himself would need somebody's help in moving them again.

Sayeed is pretty cerebral, like when he knew Locke was lying to him when he was covering for the hatch. And Locke is a lot better at mind games than Charlie is, so it's not out of the question that Sayeed could know Charlie was involved some how.

Sawyer needed Charlie because he had to stay in the hatch. Charlie just followed Locke while Locke moved the guns, then when he was gone, Charlie moved them to where Sawyer wanted them.

Sawyer could move the guns by himself as Locke and Charlie were able to do it.

Sawyer couldn't move them without somebody else's help.

I already got beaten to the punch, but I'm saying it anyway: Locke did. Sawyer never left the hatch, and that's how he helped Locke; he made sure the buttons would get pressed. All Charlie did was follow Locke, watched where he put the guns, and then he told Sawyer where the guns were.

That was the whole point of him having Charlie help him.

I thought the whole point of Charlie helping was that Sawyer figured with Annalucia, Jack, and a few others all looking for guns, no one would notice Charlie sneaking around.

Sign in to follow this