TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I think that the previews have definately foreshadowed a Sawyer/Kate realtionship as they got swimming together...and Jack is becoming much like Sawyer in his character.

And Sawyer is turning babyface. Which is what we all wanted anyways.

This show still brings the awesome...I frigging can't wait to find out what Kate really did and what Boone/Looke saw.

And about 500 more questions that I don't have time to mention.

From Zap2It.com

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The plucky survivors of ABC's "Lost" could serve as a casebook for how most people would respond to being stranded on a deserted (and mysterious) island. Some folks would be as handy and altruistic as Matthew Fox's Jack or as malevolently resourceful as Josh Holloway's Sawyer. Few of us would show the eerie mastery of Terry O'Quinn's Locke, but the reluctant brattiness of Maggie Grace's Shannon would probably be in abundance. For most viewers, though, emulating Jorge Garcia's Hurley would be the best of all possible worlds.

Like the subject of Rudyard Kipling's "If," Hurley has kept his head when all about him are losing theirs. Like that poem's ideal hero, he doesn't necessarily look too good nor talk too wise, but on the fractious island, he's a friend to all and an enemy to none, a gentle giant perfectly willing to do hard labor, deskwork or even invent a liberating game of island golf. It's no wonder that Fox and Holloway and Evangline Lilly may get the press, Garcia has broken out as one of the show's most popular stars.

"I feel like suddenly I get a bit better customer service, where people are more anxious to help me," Garcia says of his public reception. "Usually when people spot me, they're really happy to see me."

While the other characters on "Lost" constantly appear grimy and miserable, stressed out and on the verge of giving up, Hurley always just seems happy to be alive. He's quick with a joke, the only castway who could possibly be described as happy-go-lucky. Garcia seems to be the same way. The 25-year-old actor arrived at auditions for "Lost" before the character of Hurley even existed and found himself reading pages for Sawyer. Even once producers assured him that his character would exist and that there copies of the pilot script were available, the actor wasn't in any kind of rush to see how many lines he got or whether he'd get to have any big emotional moments. Most familiar from comedic work on "Becker" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm," Garcia had all the information he needed.

"I had faith in J.J. Abrams and shooting in Hawaii and that was pretty much all I needed to hear," he laughs.

For the first half of the shooting schedule, production has just been wish fulfillment for the Nebraska-born actor.

"I love what I've gotten to do so far," he says. "The whole thing where I ran away from the plane and it exploded behind me and we dove out in the sand, very action star-ish, I thought that was awesome. That's not something I really expected that I would get to do in my career."

Garcia notes, "Really all I need is a sword fight and I'll be totally satisfied."

Viewers, however, are far from satisfied with the mere snippets of knowledge they've received about the life of Hugo Reyes. While certain characters, including Fox's Jack, have already had multiple episodes dedicated to their backstories, Hurley has gone entirely unexplained, barring some cryptic hints. That won't change until the season's 18th hour, an episode which hasn't even been shot yet. Garcia, in fact, hasn't even seen a script, though the producers have let him in on the character's "big secret." Whatever that secret may be, Garcia isn't telling.

"Because there were hints laid out, I kinda had an idea that it was coming from here," he hedges, revealing nothing of his backstory. "And then when I really stepped back and looked at it in the context of who Hurley has been up to this point, with the group, and that coming out in his revelation. Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool."

On the Internet, wags have been speculating for weeks over a perplexing line of dialogue where Hurley refers to his normal life by saying, "I'm known as something of a warrior myself," a statement that has prompted buzz that Hurley could be everything from an extremely large undercover spy to an extremely dedicated Dungeons and Dragons player.

"There are certain things where you never realize what exactly the audience is going to jump on and really wonder about and catch," Garcia says of his "warrior" comment. "I didn't give that one too much attention and then I realized the attention it got on the Internet. So it made me wonder, 'Yeah, actually I wonder what that is.'"

He adds that in the script, the character smiles after making the statement, but the camera never cut back to his face.

More than just an actor on "Lost," Garcia is a fan, prone to making his own wild guesses about different parts of the complicated plot. For instance, this week he's convinced that the unseen and murderous creature in the jungle is actually something mechanical, but he still doesn't know for sure. He's also wary about some of the more convoluted and mystical theories posited in cyberspace.

"I'm just hoping that we're not in Purgatory, the 'We're All Dead' one," he says. "It writes off a lot too easily. I'd like us to still be on Earth, just because as it continues to unravel and we discover where we are, I want a semblance that you have to work a bit to figure it out."

As much of a conspiracy buff as he may be, Garcia isn't stressing out about solving the riddles of "Lost." Like his character, he's just content where he is, taking his off-days to swim at a favorite secluded Hawaiian beach.

"I float in the water and reflect on how great my life is right now," Garcia sighs.

"Lost" returns to ABC with new episodes starting Wednesday, Jan. 5 at 8 p.m. ET.

Garcia as Sawyer would've been very... different.

I think that the previews have definately foreshadowed a Sawyer/Kate realtionship as they got swimming together...and Jack is becoming much like Sawyer in his character.

Not sure if this really counts as a spoiler or not, but ...

I've read a few things that Matthew Fox says that Sawyer gets Kate in the short term, but that doesn't mean that he gets her in the long run.

Cena? Explain...

Heel Cena - awesome, cocky heel that you loved to hate

Face Cena - watered down version of Heel Cena that you can't get into as much.

Somewhere beyond the sea

My love's waiting for me,

My lover stands on golden sands,

And watches the ships that go sailing.

Somewhere beyond the sea

She's there watching for me,

If I could fly like birds on high

Then straight to her arms I'd go sailing.

It's far beyond a star,

It's near beyond the moon.

And beyond a doubt

My heart will lead me there soon.

We'll meet beyond the shore,

We'll kiss just as before,

Happy we'll be beyond the sea,

And never again I'll go sailing.

So I'd kinda like to catch up with this show, because I haven't seen a lick of it and the 10 minutes I caught tonight looked kinda cool. I don't download TV episodes or movies, so what's the best way to do it for this one?

Download is the only way I can think of.

They showed all of the episodes in December, so you missed your chance then.

They didn't show them all, just 6 (or so).

Oh, I figured they would some how cram all 11(?) so they could get some new viewers.

Jesus christ in heaven, what an episode. I can't believe how much I missed quality NEW episodes of ANYTHING during Christmas break. The TOP 10~!

1. Sawyer climbs to the top of the tree and tosses the briefcase off...for nothing. And his reaction was great, too.

2. "He's trying to pick a Halliburton." "BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

3. The entire swimming scene. Beautiful, serene, perfectly scored, and then BAM! Corpses.

4. Jack feels the pain of having to dig up the body of the man he killed. His expressions for the rest of the episode were fabulous.

5. Locke in his ONLY scene of the night. "So which one is it?" I love/hate/admire/hate/love that guy.

6. SHANNON~! BRINGS THE DA-YA-MUH~!

7. Something about that last scene being in the dark...really weird. The rest of the episode was in light/relative light. And then DARK. Neat, but weird. I'm sure they did it on purpose.

8. Kate TAKES THE BACKHAND LIKE A MAN. Shit. That shit was whack.

9. Sayid and Shannon share a moment, and Boone looks on. Boone looked PISSED.

10. Sawyer and Jack: ANOTHER staredown. Fuck. I NEED a round two of Jack vs Sawyer.

BONUS 11. Next week's preview. I think I speak for all when I say: "HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

Sign in to follow this