TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

As always, my random thoughts from last night's episode ...

a) While I recognize that they’re trying to show that Michael is unsure on how to act like a father (not communicating well with Walt, not knowing how to handle things, etc) … they’re going to far. They’re making him look like he’s unable to act like a person. He repeatedly just barks at Walt, rather than explain things to him or have him understand why he’s doing things. I mean, jeez, why did he throw the kid’s comic book in fire?!? Now, I’m not a father at all, and even I see things that he should be saying or doing.

b) They’re doing an awesome job of showing Boone to be a follower of Locke … him jumping Michael to ‘protect’ Locke was awesome. Hopefully they show him growing stronger, though, because he really looked like a bitch when Michael reversed it and had him down.

c) Polar bear scene? Words can’t describe how swank that scene was … and the foreshadowing of the picture of the bear in the fire, while kind of blatant, was awesome. (and, like Hartfan86 said, I thought it was sweet when they showed the bright light during that scene. Uber-sweet, yet kind of subtle.)

d) They should have had Sawyer be able to knock Charlie down, if not the fuck out, with that punch … the guy is supposed to be one of the ‘big dogs’ on the island, and he can’t even knock feeble Charlie down?!? (although, I do have to admit “you punch like a ponce” made me laugh)

e) Lastly, my theory on Claire: she gave birth but ‘they’ took the baby. Once they had her baby, ‘they’ just let her go. So, the castaways will have to send a posse after them, to get the baby back. The ‘natives’ have the island experience, but I wouldn’t sell a team of Locke, Boone, Sawyer, Jack, Sayid, Michael and a pissed off Charlie short.

post-script: so little Kate made nl5 sad

That tree cluster that Walt was in during the polar bear attack - is that the same one that was used during Boone's "trip"? Or is it just some other random tree cluster. Because, if it's the same cluster, maybe it acts like that "dark side" tree on Dagobah in ESB.

"What's in there?"

"Only what you take with you."

Michael and Walt bond over a polar bear.

---

Things that only I would make a big deal out of.

- Walt may have special powers, and his mentor is a bald dude who used to be in a wheelchair. I think I'm the only one crazy enough to try and make an X-Men reference out of that...

Concerning the light that we saw in both Boone and Michael's episode:

I think that the monster transforms a light. I believe that what happened to Boone did actually happen, but the hallucination was that Shannon WASN'T there with him. He did see the monster, he did run away, he did get loose, etc. But just take everything out about Shannon.

And we saw the same light during the Michael/Walt/Polar Bear scene...

Considering the show's going away for three weeks, I thought it was a good cliffhanger. But I'm not too excited since I'm almost certain that she won't remember anything.

Guest Evolution

I agree with "them" taking the baby. Sound theory. But why must they leave us hanging until February 9th? Thank God 24 isn't doing that this season.

And I'm glad someone else has noticed the tree cluster acting as a safe haven for our characters. First Kate when she got lost, Boone when he was tripping, and now Walt.

I doubt that the polar bears were hallucinations ... the first one was seen by like half-a-dozen people, and caught a couple of bullets, and this one was seen by three people. I think, even on a surreal, supernatural mystery island it'd be hard for multiple people to share a hallucination.

Guest Regina Phelange

Some random thoughts...share your ideas...

ETHAN ROM = This HAS to be code for something...the only anagram I can come up with is OTHER MAN, which doesn't relate...

Anyone connect John Locke with the psychological theorist of the same name, whose hypothesis was that the mind is a blank state when we are born...a TABULA RASA (name of one of the earlier episodes)

Jack's last name is Shepherd...leader of a flock...

And what the hell is up with the "one is light, one is dark" references--they're everywhere! And where is the Black Rock? Does this mean there's a White Rock?

This show owns.

ETHAN ROM = This HAS to be code for something...the only anagram I can come up with is OTHER MAN, which doesn't relate...

While is name might be an anagram, too, the thing that I've heard (and is probably somewhere in this thread) is that his last name, Rom, and ROM is the nickname for the Royal Ontario Museum ... and when he first encountered Hurley he said that he was from "Ontario" (or, it might have just been "Canada", I forget).

Guest The Ohtani of Time

Did anybody else notice that the flight number of the plane everyone was on was 815, which happens to be the number of the safety deposit box that Kate got the little airplane from. I wonder if there is some sort of connection.

Guest wildpegasus
Some random thoughts...share your ideas...

Does this mean there's a White Rock?

This show owns.

Ethan Rom = Other Man does make sense if we think about it logically. He drug two people through the forests. That takes a tremendous amount of strength/endurance/time and is actually not a feasable task especially for someone who just looks like your normal dude. Ethan was also able to destroy Jack in a fight -- really he was just playing with him. It's obvious he's enhanced somehow because the laws of physics do not permit him to do what he wants.

Speaking of which, that reminds me of Locke pulling off an Xavier and being able to walk on the island once the plane crashed. Simply put, he shouldn't have had the power in his quadraceps and hamstrings to pull off a task like that. Not right away. Was this an oversight or is there something else to this we're not seeing?

The two stones Locke had were black and white. Perhaps one means a black rock and one represents a white rock. Locke and the physic for that matter seem to know everything beforehand even to the point where he can foreshadow moths appearing. The white rock could possably correlate to the hatch that he and Boone were studying.

Either that or the stones represent a good baby and an evil baby. Don't know how Michael's kid fits into this though.

I wouldn't doubt it if Locke knows how to open the hatch myself/knew where it was in the first place and is just playing dumb. He seems to be preparing everybody for an all out war.

WP -- Loved the whole haliburton scenario.

Guest wildpegasus
Ethan Rom =  "Near Moth" "More Than".

That plane thing is freaky Ootani, there has to be a connection.

than Rome

name Thor

tame horn

astroboy

am hornet

More Than = other man. That's pretty cool. Add that to "other moth" and it's very hard to think that's all coincidence.

1. Boone being a disciple of Locke is awesome. I love that Locke is building an army of followers. The shit will hit the fan one day, and on that day, the jizzum will hit the fan as well.

2. Man, Sawyer needs to learn how to fight. Punked by Charlie? Shit, what next? BOONE?!

3. That scene. The scene with Shannon and Boone talking. The shot of Shannon from behind. The short skirt. The Behind. The Yowza.

4. The Walt-is-different stuff is great. The force IS strong in that one. OJohn-Locke Kenobi~!

5. Car 1. Michael 0. PWN3D~!!!1

6. I like how they carried the box over from the last eps in this one.

7. The mom was such a bitch. I'm glad she's dead. The Husband-dood was great though. They find such wonderful bitplayers.

8. Fucking Crappy Polar Bear CGI.

9. Overall I really liked this episode. Not the "OH SCHNAP!" kinda episode, but certainly one with heavy character development. Hurley talking about the Golf tournament for the last stick of deorderant was great. Sun talking to Michael was a bit out of place, Jin should have beat the shit out of her... i mean him... for doing so. We need more Jin.

man, this is gonna suck ass when the season's over. If 3 weeks takes this long, the wait between the two seasons is going to take forever...

Guest Regina Phelange
"other moth"

C'mon, WP...WTF? :)

Ohtani's on to something with that flight number/safety deposit box connection...hmmm......

Guest Regina Phelange

Oooooh..... the comic book Walt had been looking at featured The Flash. The Flash's name was Wally West... Wally = Walter---> WALT. Bear with me here... (no pun intended)

Wally West became The Flash through surviving a freak accident, Walt has survived a freak [plane] accident, and seems to be connected with other strange occurrences....

Also, in the earlier episodes Rose said there was "something familiar about the sound it made" referring to the monster or whatever the heck that thing is. She was asked where she lived and replied "The Bronx". We now know that Michael and Walt lived in New York--could the monster, or at least the sounds associated with it, have anything to do with Walt's presence?!

Guest wildpegasus
"other moth"

C'mon, WP...WTF? :)

Ohtani's on to something with that flight number/safety deposit box connection...hmmm......

Sorry, that should be "near moth". The old age is starting to catch up with me.

Sign in to follow this