TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

3. That scene. The scene with Shannon and Boone talking. The shot of Shannon from behind. The short skirt. The Behind. The Yowza.
This man speaks the truth ... while Shannon's no Kate, she's definitely a piece of eye candy that keeps nl5 happy.

And the bear wasn't THAT bad ... I mean, for a TV show that doesn't have a huge CGI budget, and probably pissed a bunch of what they did have on the plane crash & whatnot, it really wasn't a bad bear. Lucas would have done better, yes, but for what they needed to accomplish it worked for me.

Lastly, I really dig your theories, Regina P. ... I hadn't noticed it was The Flash, and probably wouldn't have been able to put the name thing together. In the past, with the comic book stuff, I've leaned on my friend that's fluent in Spanish to help figure out if what they're saying means anything ... I haven't seen her since the last episode aired, so haven't been able to figure out what Walt was trying to say en espanol.

I didn't see anything similar in the thread yet, so here's my theory on the messed up compass:

When French Chick was mapping the island, she had probably been using a compass as well. If the island messes with the compasses (be it because of the Black Rock or whatever), then using the sun to tell where north is wouldn't work, because where north is according to the sun wouldn't be where north is according to a compass and, thus, the map. Therefore: messed up compass isn't messed up when reading the map.

Or is this just generally assumed among the populous and I'm just really slow?

Guest Evolution

So, anyone else got the Collector's Edition TV Guides?

I've got Jack, Sawyer, Charlie, Kate and Sayid, but not #6? I don't know who #6 is, either. I'm hoping Locke.

Other than the few actors who were already really well known, which actor/actress do you guys think is going to get the most out of this show?

Personally, I think that Terry O'Quinn - who admittedly has been in a ton of things before but I still think was relatively unknown - will be huge because of this show. If he counts as too famous already, I'd probably say Evangeline Lily.

TV Guide also says that a main character will die before the season is over.  Any guesses?

It all depends on what is characterized as "major". To me, the major characters are: Jack, Kate, Locke, and Sayid. Then there's the "major-minor" characters: Hurley, Charlie, Sawyer, Michael/Walt/Vincent, Boone. Finally, there's the "minor" characters: Claire, Jin, Sun, Shannon, the old woman and did I miss anyone? Villains don't count.

Anyways, to off any of the main 4 would be HUGE, so count them out. Kill any of the "major-minor" characters, and I think it would have that "holy shit" feel, without disrupting too much of the flow. So going by that, I eliminate anyone who has already been hung, hit by a taxi, or is a dog. Boone I eliminate because he's simply Locke's Apprentice at this point, and we don't care enough about him. Sawyer is a possibility but he hasn't completed his "redemption" arc yet, so he's out for now. Walt would be a really good one, as that would impact several of the characters, but his "special powers" haven't been fully explored. Which leaves us with Hurley. I said this many pages ago. Hurley's the heart and soul of the survivors, and if he's gone everything will seem to be a lot darker. That and the fact that his arc isn't being told until close to season finale makes him my pick to buy it.

(edit)Whoops, forgot about Michael. Basically, without Michael, Walt goes nuts or something. But he doesn't go until Walt does.

Edited by starvenger

I like the pick of Hurley dying. Reasons:

1) He's gotten the fan base really whipped up for such a bit character

2) His episode his close to the last

3) He's Piggy.

There's so much of Lord of the Flies already in Lost, why not have Hurley be killed by the 'Others' perhaps by saving Jack? I could see his death setting off the 'war' Locke and Co are preparing for...

Do we really need this spoiler nonsense if everyone is talking about it?

I am hoping Kate dies and in her last few breaths, with Sawyer and Jack by her side holding her hands, she says "Live on... share... my love...kiss... for me" and they go to kiss her but she says "No... not... me... each... other..." then puts their hands together and smiles a really sick smile. Sawyer and Jack look at each other with this disgusted/confused look and Sawyer sez "Well... it's her dying wish..." and Jack pulls away and runs. Kates final words "What a lil bitch".

Um, please keep the spoiler tags. I sure as fuck don't want to know what happens before seeing it. and since there are long paragraphs of spioler stuff up there, i cant differentiate between what is spoiler and what is speculation.

Whoa, weird convergence in last night's Law & Order: SVU repeat. "Obscene" featured Maggie Grace (Shannon) as an actress playing a teenaged undercover agent a la Sidney Bristow. The director? Career That Guy Nestor Serrano, currently playing the vaguely Arab-American terrorist father on 24.

btw, is tonight a repeat?

I'm 99% certain that tonight is a repeat, and next week (Feb 9) is the next new episode.

Of course, that 1% has me scared enough that I'm taping ABC from 8-9 just to be sure that I don't miss a new episode.

Guest krazykat72
I'm 99% certain that tonight is a repeat, and next week (Feb 9) is the next new episode.

Of course, that 1% has me scared enough that I'm taping ABC from 8-9 just to be sure that I don't miss a new episode.

Don't bother

The State of the Union is on tonight.

The new episode is next week.

-Paul Jacobi-

Sign in to follow this