TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Anybody know the song that was playing at the end? I want to download it.

EDIT: Found it... imdb boards are good for something. Delicate by Damien Rice in case anyone else happened to be interested.

Guest Brian

I liked the whole thing. Jin was awesome, saving the guy, taking the beating and standing back up. Sun being liberated but also losing something. Hurley and Locke's moments.

When Jin went into that guy's house the first time (when he gave him the dog) his daughter was watching TV and Hurley was getting into a car.

Guest Starks

lost.jpg

So what is hurly?

-Famous Korean Car Salesman?

-CounterStrike World Champion (Koreans love online games)

-Crazy asian gameshow winner

-Does he have $88k to pay back Walt (I say yes)

I loved this episode too, though it was still more Sun-related than Jin related. The thing with his father in the end, him crying in the bathroom, how he got the blood on his clothes - excellent storytelling. But... why does he have to do the job every time? He got KO'd with the Rock, he got handcuffed, he got knocked out by Sawyer and even MICHAEL got some shots in. He's one of my favourite characters (more than Sawyer now) and he constantly gets fucked.

The Shannon/Sayid thing sucks. One of them has to go.

For a second I thought Locke lit the boat on fire just so he could rally the army together and get them to realise the greater threat. Plus, he loves it there. The Michael swerve was sweet, but the reason wasn't too too great.

So many thoughts, so little time ...

- Seeing Hurley on the TV was awesome. It makes me wonder what other small things like that were done early in the series that I (we?) might have missed. I'm wicked looking forward to Hurley's episode.

- Jin is far and away my favorite character now. He takes the beating because he knows it's the right thing to do. Lashing out in anger or fighting back would be dishonorable, but letting Michael flip out and not fight back was the right thing to do. (I'd have done the dishonorable, wrong thing and come out swinging)

- Sun in a bikini? Good times for everyone.

- Walt being the one that burned the boat? Lame. Lame. Lame. Locke being the one that called him out on it? Not Lame.

- Shannon & Sayid? Meh. I could take it or leave it. It's a good sub-plot to keep the two of them busy, but other than that, doesn't do much for me.

- Lastly, it was great to have an episode with minimal Jack and/or Kate. (even though I still loves me some Kate). Let the other characters shine through every now and again.

I didn't think Jin and Sun needed a 2nd episode, but it was still pretty good.

With Hurley I'm banking on reality tv star.

I don't think that Sun needed a 2nd one, but Jin needed his first. The last one was just about Sun, with minimal Jin. This one was more Jin-centric, with the tie-ins to Sun's episode as needed.

And I'm pretty sure the Hurley issue has been covered in both spoiler form and regular text in this thread.

- Jin is far and away my favorite character now. He takes the beating because he knows it's the right thing to do. Lashing out in anger or fighting back would be dishonorable, but letting Michael flip out and not fight back was the right thing to do. (I'd have done the dishonorable, wrong thing and come out swinging)

he has to kick some ass eventually though (or at least I think he should)

No, he definitely should. I don't think him beating the shit out of a fucking government official was enough to establish him being dangerous. When I saw blood on him, I wanted some torture at least. When I saw Sawyer kick him, I was FREAKING OUT cause Sawyer vs. Jin would have been hot. He didn't even fight back!

The best part about Locke is that he just shows up randomly and disses out sage advice. At least three or four times an episode - I find myself thinking how cool Locke is. At this point, he has influenced nearly everyone on the island in some way and it's usually in a great scene.

By far the best character in any TV show I watch (sorry Jack Bauer).

By far the best character in any TV show I watch (sorry Jack Bauer).

I never thought Jack was the best character on TV anyways. He's the most badass (although props to Chase for the whole hand thing), but not the best overall.

I'm not fully sold on Locke, either, but he's definitely one of the best in my book. The writers and Terry O'Quinn deserve a lot of credit for making John Locke such a great character.

Guest Evolution

I really liked this episode. I was feeling iffy on another Jin/Sun episode, but I knew it would at least have the payoff of realizing that Sun speaks English (not just to Michael and Kate, too).

Michael's Ark biting the dust was awesome, and the ending was just super.

Absolutely loved the episode. There was so many little things going on that at times it was hard for me to focus on the big, main thing. And that is indeed some damn good work.

Jin fucking shined like a king. I loved how he wasn't made out to be an asshole - he is a good guy, he did the right thing, and he is doing his best for his wife. The way that the scene with his father played into his relationship with Sun and her dad was absolutely wonderful, that was probably my favorite scene of the entire episode.

As far as Jin not fucking anybody up or fighting back, I'm not sure if that really fits his character. It would if he were the mighty mafia hitman we thought he was post-Sun episode, but now we can see that he is just a fishermans son who is trying to please his wife. He ain't no kung fu thrilla like Sayid or Sawyer or Jack or Locke, he is pretty much a normal guy who got in over his head.

And I completely agree with the Locke thing. He shows up out of nowhere, dishes out perfect advice, and disappears. Incredible.

And I cannot wait for next weeks episode. Hurley rocks. That is all I have to say about that.

Guest Brian

Yesterday was the first day I didn't see him as 'Gavin' anymore, and actually identified with him as 'Jin'. I think that's the biggest thing this episode did for me.

It's what gets me by.

plus, he kicked a guys ass, while being unarmed, in defiance of a probably seasoned mafia hitman, with a gun, who had previously been ordering him around like a bitch.

... He ain't no kung fu thrilla like Sayid or Sawyer or Jack or Locke ...

Hey, if Dr. Jack can beat up Ethan the jungle boy, then Jin can beat up an architect from NYC.

Sayid, I'll definitely agree is a bad-ass. Sawyer, I'm guessing has been in more than his share of physical altercations. Locke, it'd probably been a while since he had to drop the gloves with anyone but has probably spent a ton of time reading/researching/invisioning it. But Jack? The guys a doctor that was bullied as a kid. If he can beat someone's ass, then so should Jin.

It looks like the ranking of fighters is this:

1. Jack (took out Sawyer, took out Ethan)

2. Sayid (not yet tested, but he was military and he tortured Sawyer)

3. Charlie ("you hit like a ponce")

4. Michael (beat up Jin, didn't knock him out or anything, but didn't lose either)

5. Sawyer (Lost to Dr Jack, showed ass against Charlie)

6. Jin (lost against Sawyer, Michael, and jobbed to Ethans rock)

7. Locke (great in a knife fight, looks to have jobbed against Ethan)

8. Boone (got beat up by Sawyer)

9. Hurley

10. Walt

Sign in to follow this