TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

what a great fucking episode. This may be my favorite, lots of mysteries tied together.

I wonder if the off-island connectsion between the survivors means anything or if they are just little things dropped by the writers for fun.

Boone + Sawyer = in the same police station when Sawyers arrested.

Jack + Sawyer = Saywer met Jack's dad in a bar.

Jack + Jin = in the same line at the airport

Jin + Hurley = Hurley on TV when Jin comes to the guy's house to 'deliver the message'

Hurley + Locke = Hurley owns share in his box company

What an awesome effin show.

I definitely agree that last night's episode was a top 5-er ... just awesome from beginning to end.

Locke, as usual, OWNS this show. The whole "making a crib with Claire's help but not tell her that it's a crib" scheme was awesome. As is the fact that he's really only interested in what she remembers about Ethan and the other parts of the island (well, that's not true, I think that he also really enjoys being able to give sage advice and make other people's lives better ... but if it helps him at the same time, all the better.)

The entire Hurley goes looking for the "French chick" plot was awesome from beginning to end; his interaction with Charlie while filling up the water bottles all the way through to "she says 'hey' ".

And how about the fact that Shannon actually looked worried about Sayid before he left? Maybe she's not just using him, as Boone warned.

It's getting a little silly how everyone's stories have to tie into each others. I like the idea better that they're all just there by chance.

And while I'm all for supernatural stuff on the island, like Locke's legs. It's a little cheesy with Hurley's cursed numbers and Walt's shinning.

Loooong time till a new ep I believe

Locke is awesome. Guess what? HE'S NOT A GOOD GUY. He is just trying to get close to Claire to find out about Ethan. The man has alterior motives. He is a total Brother Justin (thats for you, Curry).

--he IS a good guy. Just because you use someone, doesn't mean it's for evil. I think Locke's a little more forward thinking than the rest...plus...how do we know claire isn't turned?

Episode 4=Locke

Episode 16=Sawyer

Remember what the Frenchwoman said...the numbers in a loop. Start by breaking the numbers down to prime... (that's all I'll say)

The entire Hurley goes looking for the "French chick" plot was awesome from beginning to end; his interaction with Charlie while filling up the water bottles all the way through to "she says 'hey' ".

--Ditto. The speech he gave to her was excellent

And how about the fact that Shannon actually looked worried about Sayid before he left? Maybe she's not just using him, as Boone warned.

--And if my understand of Lost is right...he will have to choose between her life and his (to complete his story) at some point.

The numbers are significant. 23 is the only prime number, so that's the most important one of all.

--he IS a good guy. Just because you use someone, doesn't mean it's for evil. I think Locke's a little more forward thinking than the rest...plus...how do we know claire isn't turned?

He is SO evil. If he was good, he'd be upfront with his intentions. Thus far he has been manipulative and has been positioning the chess pieces. The fact that he has been so good to everyone, over-the-top good, just means he's all the more evil.

That's just taking one for the team Rudo-man!

I do agree that he is positioning pieces (more like a game of othello)...but I think that's because of what he knows.

But I completely don't view his actions as evil.

The worst kind of evil is when you convince yourself that what you're doing is right and it's in everyone else's best interest that you do it.

Absolutely awesome episode. There is so much going into this one that I had trouble keeping up at times. Goddamned awesome.

That is all.

The worst kind of evil is when you convince yourself that what you're doing is right and it's in everyone else's best interest that you do it.

damn you.

I still mark for Locke

Guest Regina Phelange

About those numbers...8 and 15..."815" was the flight number, right? And the number of the safety deposit box Kate robbed the bank for. And 42....how many survivors are left on the island now?

Inspired by John Locke I bought a copy of Backgammon yesterday. It came in a swanky attache with these leather dice rollers and everything.

I swear the game seems to be mostly about luck but so far I am 0-3 against my girlfriend.

If it makes you feel any better backgammon pros seem to do very well at poker (Gus Hansen is a good example).

Anyways, there's some sort of mathematical aspect to it, but damned if I know what it is.

Here's some news.

Lost's hiatus has been cut by two weeks and the show will return on March 30.

Here's a TV Guide style preview of the upcoming episodes.

1.19: Deux Ex Machina (Locke II)

Airdate: March 30, 2005

Locke begins to suffer physical difficulties as he and Boone try to find a way into the hatch; Jack is reluctant to offer assistance when Sawyer begins to experience excruciating headaches. In this episode we learn how Locke was paralyzed, interrelating with the events around the hatch.

1.20: Do No Harm (Jack III)

Airdate: April 6, 2005

Claire goes into labor while a helpless Charlie goes into panic mode. Meanwhile Locke is missing, Jack tends to a wounded survivor and Sayid presents Shannon with a romantic surprise.

1.21: The Greater Good (Sayid II)

Airdate: April 20, 2005

This episode was called "Sides", but they've changed it.

1.22: Born to Run (Kate III)

Airdate: April 27, 2005

That leaves us with

1.23: ???

Airdate: May 4, 2005 (???)

1.24: ???

Airdate: May 11, 2005 (???)

The Hollywood Reporter says that these last two episodes will be a two part saeson finale. 1.24 will be 90 minutes with the last half hour being commercial free.

Guest Brian
If it makes you feel any better backgammon pros seem to do very well at poker (Gus Hansen is a good example).

Anyways, there's some sort of mathematical aspect to it, but damned if I know what it is.

I count cards alot. Basically you have to know what cards are taken, how many cards are out, which cards, and then you determine the odds of said other cards being in the person's hand.

Guest PWTimes

From DVDanswers.com

"Buena Vista Home Entertainment have scheduled the Region 1 DVD release of Lost: The Complete First Season for 6th September 2005 priced at $59.99 SRP. The hit new series from J.J.Abrams, the creator of Alias, is currently thrilling American audiences with its combination of deep characterisation, beautiful locations and a string of events with circumstantial relevance that generate hours of discussion amongst viewers.

Coming to DVD in September, the complete first season is expected to feature an excellent DVD presentation capitalising on the 'made for HDTV' nature and high budget of the series, while extras - though not official - were revealed recently on Home Media Retailing and should include "five hours of bonus material, including the original pilot, behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the show; audio commentaries, a blooper reel, roundtable discussions with cast and crew, and a Matthew Fox photography featurette".

You can see the artwork for the DVD release here: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=6102&n=1&burl= or here - http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=56461

If you want to know, read on.

Potentially season-exposing spoilers ahead.

The strongest rumour going around right now about who kicks it is Sayid, mainly due to two things I've read. The first rumour surrounding him is that JJ Abrams has said that the death will be a betrayl. Shannon betraying Sayid is a pretty good bet at this point. The second part of this rumour has to do with Jack. Sayid's episode was originally called "Sides" but is now changed to "The Greater Good". In "All the best cowboys have daddy issues" Jack's dad tells him that his job is all about the greater good.

I count cards alot. Basically you have to know what cards are taken, how many cards are out, which cards, and then you determine the odds of said other cards being in the person's hand.

I meant backgammon, not poker. There's a probability aspect to both, but to me it's a little more apparent in poker.

And I'm still sticking with Hurley.

Sign in to follow this