TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I think this was my favorite episode of the entire series. I was loving every second of it - especially the light at the end.

"Have you ever had sex w/ a prostitute? I'll take that as a 'yes'. Have you ever contracted a sexually transmitted disease? I'll take that as another 'yes'."

"He needs glasses."

LO-f'n-L.

Don't forget the whole "clever nickname" speech. The writing crew were really on the ball with the snarky stuff...

Man, I didn't even think of that. He'll probably just find a bag or two and have to choose between saving Claire (or something equally poignant) and taking some.

And the lost dog flyer he found on his car. Ties in with his story he told to Sawyer about the dog that the mom thought was the reincarnation of his sister, and with Walt.

This episode is SOOOOOO fucking awesome. I'mma watch it and Walkabout tomorrow, I'm not sure which one is better

And the lost dog flyer he found on his car. Ties in with his story he told to Sawyer about the dog that the mom thought was the reincarnation of his sister, and with Walt.

This episode is SOOOOOO fucking awesome. I'mma watch it and Walkabout tomorrow, I'm not sure which one is better

I don't think you can judge this ep without having seen Walkabout, because it expands on some of the things we've already seen by showing Locke (with hair) during his One Hour Photo phase...

...so, I'd cop out and paraphrase Michael Bolton: "It's so hard to say... I guess I like 'em both"

I don't think you can judge this ep without having seen Walkabout, because it expands on some of the things we've already seen by showing Locke (with hair) during his One Hour Photo phase...

...so, I'd cop out and paraphrase Michael Bolton: "It's so hard to say... I guess I like 'em both"

I've seen Walkabout

Jesus Christ. I need to see this episode 1000 more times before I can fully comprehend it's fucking awesomeness.

Terry O'Quinn deserves a ton of awards for his performance as Locke; just when you think he has peaked, he keeps on getting BETTER. When he's at the gates, when he's in his car, when he's in his hospital bed - the man can do anything. I came so close to tears. Damn that music just fucks you and makes you cry.

The heroin thing was a big "OH SNAP" moment.

I love how there were signs that Boone would get hurt (hi, covered in blood!) and Locke ignored them because he has tunnel-vision on what is in the hatch. Did Locke know Boone would have gotten hurt and still went ahead with the plan? What if there is something trapped under the hatch and has been manipulating him to free it? That has been manipulating everything to free it? That's a mindfuck.

I can't get over how good Locke is. The end with the light was the shows way of saying "yeah, this episode has been fanfuckingtastic, so we're going to OVERLOAD IT WITH AWESOME!! That's right bitch, we can go away for a month and still make it seem like we never left. We can fuck with you and you'll always come back for more."

Jack going into the STD and Prostitute stuff with Sawyer was tremendous. Him shooting on Sawyer was great too, especially when Sawyer does EXACTLY THAT. Me thinks someone on LOST is a Major Leagues fan cause there's a total Ricky Vaughn thing goin.

I loved the references and backstory with Locke and where he gets his influences. Remember back when most of us used to think he was in the military? :) Fucking MOUSETRAP.

His mother telling him he was special, and that it was a lie. Walt truly being special. There is definitely something going on and its so fucking hard to know where they are taking us with Locke.

I can't get the light flashing on out of my head. What an image.

Hmm, yes, I forgot to say what I meant. Again.

This ep depends a lot on what we saw in Walkabout. It helps us understand a bit more about why he was the man we saw in that early ep. So, if you didn't see Walkabout, this ep might go a bit over your head...

WOW, and I thought tonight was going to be one of the weaker episodes... I should be slapped for thinking that. Simply awesome from start to finish.

Yes. As punishment, you must find Diego Sanchez or Forrest Griffen and challenge them to a fight...

Guest wildpegasus
I love how there were signs that Boone would get hurt (hi, covered in blood!) and Locke ignored them because he has tunnel-vision on what is in the hatch. Did Locke know Boone would have gotten hurt and still went ahead with the plan? What if there is something trapped under the hatch and has been manipulating him to free it? That has been manipulating everything to free it? That's a mindfuck.

I can't get over how good Locke is. The end with the light was the shows way of saying "yeah, this episode has been fanfuckingtastic, so we're going to OVERLOAD IT WITH AWESOME!! That's right bitch, we can go away for a month and still make it seem like we never left. We can fuck with you and you'll always come back for more."

I liked how Locke was upset with himself at the end there. He had used Boone in a similar fashion to how he was used in his backstory and like you said he could've been manipulated. I don't think the anger was just there because things weren't going his way and he couldn't open up that hatch. The possablie manipulation and his own using of Boone looked like it got to him.

I don't think Locke knew for sure Boone would get hurt but he probably knew there was a very great chance of it happening.

And I loved Locke taking Boone out of the woods on his shoulders. Talk about your physical strength and endurance.

I think LOCKE is really, really, really, selfish and his anger at the end was moreso him "losing his faith" than any remorse from Boone getting hurt. Locke believed so much that the island had chose him to do something special, much like his father did, and in the end it appeared that he was getting screwed again and he broke down much like he did in the car.

I think LOCKE is really, really, really, selfish and his anger at the end was moreso him "losing his faith" than any remorse from Boone getting hurt. Locke believed so much that the island had chose him to do something special, much like his father did, and in the end it appeared that he was getting screwed again and he broke down much like he did in the car.

And then he gets redemption.

Man when the light went on in the end of the episode I was yelling YOU BETTER SHOW ME DAMMIT! Even though I knew they wouldn't. When it was over I just mumbled "bastards".

This show is really just phenominal (unlike my spelling).

SWEET FUCK.

I'm still in shock. I still can't get that image out of my head.

LET THERE BE LIGHT.

Like The Rude Boy has already mentioned, O'Quinn is a God. I'll put this role on par with Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey, Al Swearnagen or any other actor going today.

A few theories:

1) Was Boone a sacrifice that the Island required Locke to make in order to test his faith?

2) Did the Island take Locke's legs away from him temporarily so that it was Boone who had to die because Locke is bound for greater things?

This episode also had reverberating connections between the two people that Locke has affected the most on the island, Charley and Walt. The lost dog thing w/ Walt is great, same with the both of them being "special." The heroin thing with Charley is definetly going down.

I've read that next week when Claire gives birth that Charley is around but is of no help to anybody. Gettin' a lil high, are we Chuck?

Not only that but they already teased one death (Shannon), it would be wrong to tease another. Boone is a goner.

2) Did the Island take Locke's legs away from him temporarily so that it was Boone who had to die because Locke is bound for greater things?

Man nice call, I didn't think of that. Awesome.

If anybody has seen the movie Sphere then you'll know what I'm talking about when I say that I think that they're going the same route with Locke that they did in Sphere w/ Samuel L. Jacksons character.

I think the heroin will come up in season two...Remember that Charlie doesnt know where the plane is now. He likely just goes crazy like he normally does.

John Locke is the best character on TV. And yes, I think Boone was the sacrifice.

"Let's go son" And he takes his son up to the altar to sacrifice him to God, Abraham did. And at the last second, God spared Abraham's son, as it was a test of faith.

Yeah, Boone's F'ed up. But does he die? I dont think so

As much as I don't want him to die...Boone has to die. They haven't killed off anyone of any importance from the group so far. They teased Charlie and Shannon and backed off it. My only thinking of him living would be that if he died they wouldn't stretch it out for another episode. Maybe Boone will just haunt Locke now, be his island guide or something.

Terry O'Quinn is just the man. There's just nothing else to say.

Sign in to follow this