TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CronoT

The OAO "Will Orton Actually Get Over?" Thread

On the poster who had all those Triple H segments booked.

Get real. You really think they'll give Trips like 8 segments? No.

More like 10. You forgot Triple H wins #1 Contender's Match against Benoit and then "Triple H growls angrily into the mirror and Bischoff officially names him #1 Contender".

The drop heard 'round the world

London, Ontario, Canada

August 16, 2004

by Anthony Cali

Just 24 hours after the biggest night of his career, Randy Orton experienced the biggest shock of his life. The youngest World Champion in WWE history was in the midst of a joyous, emotional celebration when his Evolution runningmates violently attacked him.

“Batista had me hoisted me up on his shoulders, and I was enjoying such a personal high,” Orton recalled. “I had such a great feeling inside, when all of a sudden, he spun in a circle, and I saw Triple H with his thumbs up. Then, I saw his smile turn into a frown, and as that thumb pointed downward, my stomach dropped. I knew exactly what was happening.

“It was just like in Goodfellas, when Joe Pesci walked in, thinking he was going to be made. He saw the plastic on the floor, and boom, he got shot in the head. He knew what was coming, and when I saw Hunter’s thumb go down, I knew what was coming, too.”

After Triple H signaled the assault, Batista threw Orton backward in an Electric Chair Drop, and began the beating. Orton was kneed in the groin by his former mentor, Ric Flair, and violently powerbombed to the mat by Batista. And as the two held the helpless Orton, The Game peppered him with rabbit punches, and struck him in the face with Orton’s championship belt. 081604_ro.jpg

“I think that shot was what started the blood flow – that and the numerous punches” Orton said as he touched the fresh cuts on his forehead. “They went crazy on my face. I’m black and blue all over, my head’s swollen, and I feel like crap.”

Earlier that evening, an attack was the furthest thing from Orton’s mind.

“When I went out there tonight to face Chris Benoit, I had one thing on my mind –defeating him, and keeping that title for more than 24 hours,” Orton said. “There was so much riding against me, because I think that a lot of the fans would look at my victory as just some 24-year-old punk kid who got the belt, held it for a day, and lost it.

“So there were a lot of other things riding on this. It was my self-respect, and the respect of the fans to me. And that’s all I was thinking of. It never crossed my mind once that Evolution would do what they did, but jealousy does crazy things to people.”

Without Evolution, Orton finds himself in a precarious situation. During his time with the faction, Orton amassed a large collection of enemies, meaning that his pursuit for revenge will likely be a one-man mission.

“What’s done is done,” Orton said. “They left me laying in a bloody mess, and now someone’s gotta pay. It’s always gonna be three on one, so I don’t know exactly what I want to do right now. I have to sit back, collect my thoughts, and absorb what happened. I have a lot of thinking to do right now.”

Credit: WWE.com

Here's what I'm wondering... What entrance music will they give Orton now that he's out of Evolution? Have they already prepared a decent theme.. will they give him a generic face theme.. or will he stick with Evolution for now? I think Evolution.

I was wondering that too. It would kind of take away from the whole "shock" factor of having Evolution turn on him if he's already got some new original entrance music prepared. He's so pissed off about the beating he took that the first thing he does is go to the production staff and demanded new music. That or superstars always keep a couple of themes handing for just such emergencies.

Keep in mind that Orton is the third plotline of this episode. Kane and Lita are the primary focus and the Diva search is definitely going to take #2.

Besides, they need to slow burn the rest of this if they want to make it last until WrestleMania.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I was thinking about this today. Does anyone think that the Evolution heel turn might be a swerve. This is honestly the only reason that would remotely hold off Trips and Orton for an extended period of time.

The swerve should be the break up of evolution. They've already beaten Orton, so tonight HHH and Flair surprise Batista, beat him up, and toss him out of Evolution. Next week, Flair beats down HHH and tosses him out of Evolution. Finally, Flair beats himself up and tosses himself out of Evolution, leading to Flair wrestling himself at the PPV.

And getting a higher star rating and crowd reaction than UT vs. Bradshaw.

Guest CronoT
The swerve should be the break up of evolution. They've already beaten Orton, so tonight HHH and Flair surprise Batista, beat him up, and toss him out of Evolution. Next week, Flair beats down HHH and tosses him out of Evolution. Finally, Flair beats himself up and tosses himself out of Evolution, leading to Flair wrestling himself at the PPV.

And getting a higher star rating and crowd reaction than UT vs. Bradshaw.

That actually got a chuckle out of me. But then again, I just woke up, and I haven't had any coffee. Good job, though. :P

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Anyone else read the house show report from last night that said HHH was cheered over Orton. I wonder if this turn will backfire on them.

Tonight is the night we answer four questions...

1. How bad will the wedding be?

2. Will the Randy Orton push work?

3. Will someone get rid of Carmella?

4. Does this thread have a chance in hell of being a classic by the end of the night?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

If the usual whiny bastards can keep the BS to a minimum it might be entertaining.

What does New York and the Czech Republic have to do with RAW? I thought they were in Anahiem or something.

I was talking about the posters, fool!

hahahahaha

Zsasz has made a huge face turn in my eyes. And if we can get that Marvelous 3 from last week going again tonight (provided I don't feel like playing badminton), then OAORaw will be fun, much to the chagrin of CWM.

Guest TigerDriver91
They're in Anaheim tonight. We won't be able to tell if Orton gets over or not with this crowd.

So I guess Anaheim crowds are usually dead or rather quiet then? That sucks.

:angry:

Guest CronoT
If Rock shows up tonight and we get a good start to the Orton/Evolution feud, this RAW could be the best of the year.

If Rock does show up, will he be buddy-buddy with Orton, or will we have a three-way clusterfuck all night?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
If Rock shows up tonight and we get a good start to the Orton/Evolution feud, this RAW could be the best of the year.

If Rock does show up, will he be buddy-buddy with Orton, or will we have a three-way clusterfuck all night?

Buddy-Buddy.

I would mark out if Rock comes out to endorse Orton, but does something to piss him off and gives Rock the RKO.

It wouldn't go over well with the crowd, but I would mark.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I would mark out if Rock comes out to endorse Orton, but does something to piss him off and gives Rock the RKO.

It wouldn't go over well with the crowd, but I would mark.

They could have their cake and eat it too if they have the Rock challenge Orton to a "friendly" title match, have Orton win, and have them shake hands and fight off Evolution together afterwards.

Well last time we saw Rock he and Orton were up in each others faces. It was the night Eugene took on Triple H and they got all his friends out of the building beforehand. So continuity-wise, they'd have some 'splaining to do.

As for Orton getting over, it'll happen. As long as they don't book him to be a pussy with the 3-1 odds. Have him come out and run them down for turning on him, saying that he should have never put his dream aside for Triple H, and if Batista and Flair want to be his lapdogs, so be it. That could actually make for some tension in Evolution and maybe instead of rushing into the Trips/Orton deal (which I know they don't want to do) you could prolong it with a little bit of "Is Batista sick of Triple H? Is Flair? Are both of them?", etc. Turn one and work a tag feud for a month or two to give this some longevity.

Also, I think Michaels will show up tonight at the wedding in some form. Hardy should have been written out of the story with the Summerslam loss, but since he wasn't, I say Bischoff goes the whole "firing" route with him.

I also think Edge will continue the slow burn to his turn and get approached by his brother. Rhyno/Tajiri vs. E&C could be a very good match, IMO.

Guest Staravenger
Just to make a quick mention, this is the 400th episode of RAW, as documented by TVTome.com.

RAW since the actual show began, or RAW when the name change happend in 1997? If the former, this is well into the 500's already. If the other, then OK.

I hope they bring out the couple that sang at HHH/Steph's wedding for Kane/Lita.

They're a bad-luck couple.

Whenever they sing that song, something bad, either in storyline or out of, happens to the couple.

Examples:

The Liz and Savage wedding: Liz later divorces Randy

The Test/Steph wedding: The start of the McMahon/Helmsley era...though we didn't know that.

The renewal of vowes: HHH found out the truth about Steph

I hope they keep Rock far away from Orton.

And I am tired of seeing other wrestlers endorse the new guys. That doesn't get them very far. Bowing and scraping before the older generation make the new guys look spineless.

Remember how respectful of the other wrestlers Austin was when he came up?

Exactly.