TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

GTA: San Andreas

Well I finally got to San Fierro. Going to try the driving school missions here for no other reason than to get my driving skill up. Hopefully it will keep me from skidding out all the time. Also it apaprantly uinlocks a couple of cool cars so I'll give it a shot.

So far, The Truth has been my favorite character. That guy is hilarious, and Peter Fonda is the perfect voice for him. I'm still waiting to get to James Woods' character. I've heard he's great at the voice over.

All right, "Up, Up and Away!" is pissing me right off now. Too many freakin' soldiers and their M4s turning me into Swiss cheese. Help?

Hey I have a question. How do you get progress up with your girlfriends quickly? I am at a point in the game where I can't progress with the storyline until I score with this chick. Whenever I do a date it just barely takes my progress up.

What gives?

You have to give her the purple dildo as a gift to get past that part of the game.

Guest fanofcoils

Caesar keeps calling me about the "yay" what exactly is that? I bashed the courier and killed the guy on the motorcycle while in the countryside before San Fierro but he continued to call me about it and is now calling me in San Fierro. What is the purpose of the mission and can it ever be completed?

With no subtitles (except in the menu) it is hard to always catch what everyone is saying, so I may have missed some of the storyline. I just entered San Fierro, but I don't know exactly why, why am I with the Truth and why did we decide to go there?

ant, keep it steady on the very outside of the track, so you are as far away from the train as possible without going off course. Doing this and maintaining a level with the front car, Smoke will have a much easier time shooting the dudes on top. If you're too close, his bullets hit the top of the train and not the esses.

It will take a few tries just to really get to know the course and when/where on-coming trains head for you.

Guest Shutterspeed

You have to stay as far over to the right as you can without being liable to smash into something, i.e. an oncoming car. If you do that, the carriage isn't in the line of fire and the mission's a piece of cake.

Caesar keeps calling me about the "yay" what exactly is that? I bashed the courier and killed the guy on the motorcycle while in the countryside before San Fierro but he continued to call me about it and is now calling me in San Fierro. What is the purpose of the mission and can it ever be completed?

With no subtitles (except in the menu) it is hard to always catch what everyone is saying, so I may have missed some of the storyline. I just entered San Fierro, but I don't know exactly why, why am I with the Truth and why did we decide to go there?

It's a side mission to raise cash. You keep getting the calls twice a week until out of SF (or at least that's where it stopped for me). You don't have to do it to progress in the game, but it's a fun extra.

Subtitles can be turned on in the display part of the menu if you're having trouble understanding the cut scenes.

Farewell my love takes a few tries, as with several later missions, but take it slowly, learn the layout and you'll get through with no problems.

Guest Shutterspeed

When you begin "Farewell, My Love...", the car beside you will try to knock you aside. This can work to your advantage, so if you can manage to take it out of the equasion, do so. To get to the front, just smash your way through the other two/three cars. That shouldn't be too hard, and then it's just a matter of keeping to the track and not smashing into anything.

As chave! said, if you need to attempt the mission a few times, you'll get a feel for the track quickly. Once you get to the end which will probably be new territory, be quick but steady and you should be fine. If you're going to take a shortcut, make sure that you thoroughly know the route, because the possibility of hitting something is high.

Sometimes it can be kind of hard to see where the track is if you're new to it, but make an educated guess and you'll probably be right. It's usually pretty straightforward.

This is an excellent circuit - there is a healthy mix of town and country and it's damn fun to drive through.

The post-mission contains perhaps the most jaw-dropping moment of the series so far.

Guest Evolution
Hey I have a question.  How do you get progress up with your girlfriends quickly?  I am at a point in the game where I can't progress with the storyline until I score with this chick.  Whenever I do a date it just barely takes my progress up.

What gives?

You have to give her the purple dildo as a gift to get past that part of the game.

Wearing the gimp suit will also work as well.

As for "Up, Up and Away!"...get the "Black Project" from the airstrip and use that to land on the main building with the skycrane. You'll probably only have to take out four soldiers, and you can get very little or no damage if you're quick on the trigger finger.

EDIT: Fair warning, when the soldiers see you in the air, they'll be shooting rockets at you to get you down. The faster you can get out of their sight, the better chance you have of surviving. Make sure you armor up, and getting an M4 to give them a taste of their own medicine is good stuff too.

Guest fanofcoils
The post-mission contains perhaps the most jaw-dropping moment of the series so far.

I beat it and I don't remember anything like that.

Heh, Up, Up and Away is actually a cinch if you don't go barging in, like I did the first few tries and take your time. I used an AK47 (since I'm at Hitman level with it) and just took my time picking guys off.

That seems to be the best advice for most of the non-driving missions: slow down, and pick off every enemy you see.

BIG SPOILER!!!! Being able to drive through a graphically updated Liberty City instead of doing just one mission would have been the markout moment of markout moments.

As far as Millie, just try her house everyday sometime after 17:00 or so. That's usually when she gets home, it looks like.

Fuck. Okay, so I killed Millie, and I got the call from Woozie. I went in her house and got the card. Now: NOTHING. ABSOLUTLY FUCKING NOTHING. Nothing has happened and I have no where to go. No missions to do. I've just been sitting aroudn waiting for a cell call.

Also:The game says i've cheated 4 times, and it warns me everytime I save although, I NEVER cheat, and when my firneds play, I take the memory card OUT before I let them put the codes in. Any idea why it says there were cheats used? I'm sure that I never cheated during the game, or saved after any cheating was done.

Thanks...

Well I just beat Farewell, My Love. Once again, another easy mission.

Is it just me or is SA much easier than the previous two installments? Up to this mission that I just beat at least. In the last two games I would end up getting to a mission and be stuck for quite a while. That hasn't happened once in this game yet.

Guest Shutterspeed

I beat it and I don't remember anything like that.

I mark out for tie-ins.

Guest Evolution
Is it just me or is SA much easier than the previous two installments? Up to this mission that I just beat at least. In the last two games I would end up getting to a mission and be stuck for quite a while. That hasn't happened once in this game yet.

The Los Santos/Countryside #1 missions are not too hard, but I found that once I got to San Fierro, things managed to get harder.

Ugh, there is one thing that I hate about the GTA games.

THEY ALWAYS FREEZE ON ME!!!

GTA III did it, Vice City did it, and now SA is doing it to me also. This time it froze right after I completed 555 We Tip. Nothing is more frustrating than completing a mission, then having the game freeze on you making you restart the system and re-do everything you did up to that point all over again.

Right before I did 555 We Tip, I did manage do complete Air Raid on my second try (the first try was at night, and I couldn't see any of the planes hardly) and then save it before going to 555. I loved that mission by the way, very cool.

Guest Evolution
Right before I did 555 We Tip, I did manage do complete Air Raid on my second try (the first try was at night, and I couldn't see any of the planes hardly) and then save it before going to 555. I loved that mission by the way, very cool.

I had such a problem with that mission since the analog sticks were so sensitive when it came to aiming the minigun. I get the feeling it'd be easier on an XBox controller.

Fuck. Okay, so I killed Millie, and I got the call from Woozie. I went in her house and got the card. Now: NOTHING. ABSOLUTLY FUCKING NOTHING. Nothing has happened and I have no where to go. No missions to do. I've just been sitting aroudn waiting for a cell call.

Gotta do the missions for Toreno at the airfield. The first one is a bit tough, but the others aren't that bad.

Guest Ice Classic V.2

Does anyone have any tips on "Photo Opportunity"? I tried 3 times, and have been unsuccessful, I always take Ryder's photo, but I can't seem to nail the other guy, and I'm getting pissed off.