TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

GTA: San Andreas

I was going to bring back the thread about this game a while ago, but I was just too lazy.

It looks simply amazing. If you haven't heard about all the new features, look up on it. They didn't have to go to these lengths, I would have bought another "expansion pack" (like Vice City was to GTA3) without question.

Guest Metallica

What's up with the lack of interest in this game here?

We're about 40 something days away and there isn't a huge GTA SA thread 10+ pages long filled with discussions on the latest info and pics?

I just go to other sites for info.

I'm not usually hyped up about games, but I'm counting down the days with this one. Oct. 19th.

I'm really looking forward to this game actually, and probably more then SD vs. RAW. I don't read every single update that IGN and the other sites give though just because I don't want to be spoiled on all the little tidbits they're giving out. The screens all look amazing though. I plan on pre-ordering next week.

I went ahead and pre-ordered Fable and this new GTA game, both are totally paid in full, at Blockbuster. All I did was trade in a few of my games (mainly the $5 games I bought at Circuit City), and they gave me about $10 for each of those. The shocking thing though was that they gave me $25, yes TWENTY-FIVE bucks trade in for that Space Channel 5 game I had. You can go buy it brand new for $15, I couldn't believe it.

What's up with the lack of interest in this game here?

We're about 40 something days away and there isn't a huge GTA SA thread 10+ pages long filled with discussions on the latest info and pics?

I don't know about the others, but I got bored of GTA3 and don't care about any sequels or upgrades. Plus I hate Rockstar, their attitude, and their marketing tactics, so they have a lot of bias to overcome to interest me. Of course, they don't need me, since millions are already sold on it. If it turns out to be really fantastic, I can pick it up probably 6 months after release for 12 bucks.

Plus, I personally am extremely jaded these days and few new games catch my interest. When I get a new magazine in the mail with new MGS3 info, I flip through it and check the other features. I don't give a damn about it, either.

Guest Smues
Plus I hate Rockstar, their attitude, and their marketing tactics,

You mean how they make one damn commercial for a game, show it a billion times, then use the same commercial a billion times when it goes greatest hits, and then AGAIN when it gets ported to the x-box? Or do they have other annoying marketing I'm forgetting?

Plus I hate Rockstar, their attitude, and their marketing tactics,

You mean how they make one damn commercial for a game, show it a billion times, then use the same commercial a billion times when it goes greatest hits, and then AGAIN when it gets ported to the x-box? Or do they have other annoying marketing I'm forgetting?

Last time I checked, not too many publishers make more than one commercial for a game. I can't even remember the last time that I've seen multiple commercials for one game.

That and I've never once seen a Rockstar games commercial. Ever. Print-ads, yes. Television commercials, no.

Guest Smues

How can you not have? I've seen both the commercial for GTA3 and GTA:VC a gazillion times each.

you have to admit, though...that GTA 3 commerical is really fuckin cool, what with the opera music and the rad mafia lines.

One of the cities in San Andreas is based on Vegas, right?

you have to admit, though...that GTA 3 commerical is really fuckin cool, what with the opera music and the rad mafia lines.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is based on San Fran, Vegas and LA.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is based on San Fran, Vegas and LA.

Correct!

I adored the GTA III commercials, the Vice City not as much. But, hey, I'm fuckin' psyched for San Andreas and I'm not that much of a gamer. When's the release date again?

Guest TonyJaymzV1

If you preordered at Target, like i did, you get 10 dollars off the game(plus the 5 dollar deposit already) and you can get on the 16th. Yes, thats right, for me, less than 12 hours till i can play it :)

I don't know if I believe that...there still have been no reports of GTA 'going gold'...like they have for Halo 2 for instance.

But when the commercial comes out does that automatically mean it's gold? But still...the last two GTA's came out WEEKS after the commercial premiered on television.

IGN has a preview of the radio stations but one of them's a "secret".

If this means Lazlow, I'm all for it. Chatterbox is still some of the funniest shit ever.

The 'Welcome To The Jungle' trailer on MTV a few nights ago just got me psyched for this game.

I'm hoping I can skip my history class at 2:00, so that we are first in line when the reserve shipment arrives.

If you preordered at Target, like i did, you get 10 dollars off the game(plus the 5 dollar deposit already) and you can get on the 16th. Yes, thats right, for me, less than 12 hours till i can play it :)

Target is releasing it 10 days early? Is that bullshit? Or even legal, for that matter?

Guest TonyJaymzV1

what happened: Okay so I'm preordering the game, an the Electronics guy goes "yeah, the game comes in on the 16th"

"The 16th?"

"yeah"

"So i can buy it on the 16th?"

"Yup, Target amde some kind of deal with the company. Just come in on the 16th, and you can get it"

So i com in today...

"I'm here for GTA, I preoordered it"

(Same guy, mind you)"Doesn't come out 'til 26th"

"But...I was here like, 2 days ago, you said comes in the 16th"

"No I didn't"

"...."

Yup, so I wasted time and gas money because of Target. argh.