TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

What are you listening to right now?

Paul Oakenfold (feat. Brittany Murphy) - "Faster Kill Pussycat"

Sure, it's dance music. Dance music that sounds suspiciously close to "I Like The Way (You Move)", in fact. But, somehow, Brittany Murphy lays down a surprisingly compelling vocal on Oakenfold's standard club beat and makes it work. It's about as brainless as the genre can get, but there's something infectious about it that has kept it in my playlist for the last day or so.

Motor-Black Powder

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

I really love "This Lamb Sells Condos." It sounds like John Cale circa Paris 1919 (really, all of He Poos Clouds is like a gay rewrite of the album), plus a little bit of Ben Folds, a quick break of The Sims-style furniture music, some Polyphonic Spree, it's just all over.

I'm listening to a combined Camper/Cracker acoustic show. It's excellent, as expected. I particularly love "All Her Favorite Fruit". Always have, always will I think.

Foetus-Time Marches On

Man, Thirwell is a fucking genius. I need to get the albums Love and Flow sometime.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
I'm listening to a combined Camper/Cracker acoustic show. It's excellent, as expected. I particularly love "All Her Favorite Fruit". Always have, always will I think.

Arguably the climax of Key Lime Pie. What a perfectly sequenced album.

Arguably the climax of Key Lime Pie. What a perfectly sequenced album.

It is a pretty amazing album. I still play it all the time, which says something for an album that came out over 15 years ago (that's a weird time period for albums to age IMO). Not many albums from that era hold up as well.

Set Fire To Flames-Omaha

I am listening to Nickel Creek's Why Should the Fire Die? It is very good. I wish that I had started listening to them sooner. At Austin City Limits, I caught part of their show and they did a cover of Britney Spear's "Toxic" that was sensational. Bluegrass rules...to tha max.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones and the Old Crow Medicine Show compose the extent of my collection's bluegrass contingent. I like it a lot, but a little goes a long way.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't recommend Nickel Creek to someone unless that person had an affinity for bluegrass.

Anyway, right now, I'm listening to 50 Number Ones. I'm not sure if there's another musician right now who's been as consistant as George Strait for turning out solid, good to really good singles over the last past 25 years.

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones and the Old Crow Medicine Show compose the extent of my collection's bluegrass contingent. I like it a lot, but a little goes a long way.

I don't even consider the majority of Bela Fleck to be "bluegrass". It's excellent though.

Well, I should say the Flecktones stuff. Bela Fleck on his own is pretty bluegrass.

Leftover Salmon is by far my favorite Polyethnic Cajun Slamgrass band though.

Sleep-Dopesmoker

EPMD-You Gots To Chill

Radiohead-My Iron Lung

Hatespere - Murderous Intent

Ah, Hatesphere...damn solid Euro thrash metal. I just put The Sickness Within on my iPod, actually.

S.O.D. - "Milano Mosh" (from Live at Budokan)