TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Who's not voting in this presidential election?

I'm so sick of everyone yelling "vote vote vote!!!" What if there's no one worth voting for? Or what if you'd only be voting for the guy you disliked the least? If I voted this year that's exactly what I'd be doing.

I'd hate to think that when I said "I voted for blah blah" it would only be because I distrusted him less than the other guy.

So fuck it, I'm not voting this year. Anyone else?

PS. Please no replies from people who can't vote anyway.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'd might as well not, since I'll be voting for either myself of Muadin.

As of now, I'm not voting. I might change my mind if something worthwhile happens between now & November.

But since I'm not overly political to begin with, and thus aren't 100% up-to-speed with the policies and whatnot, I feel like I could do more harm by casting my un-learned vote for an unworthy candidate than I could by not voting at all.

I hope Bush wins, but that's more because I dislike Kerry more.

Guest Sturgis

It's a diffucult decision for me.

Bush: Don't want him in office anymore.

Kerry: Don't want him in office period.

Man this two party system sucks.

Guest Sturgis
I'm voting, only to vote against Bush, and only because Howard Stern and Bill Maher told me to.

But is there any guarentee

Kerry won't do same thing Bush is doing?

Guest SP-1

I'm not voting, pretty much because I'm not completely up to speed like I need to be. I don't blame Bush for bad intelligence (and it's stupid to do so), but i also don't see anyone trying to clean up the Intel organizations either. It's barely been mentioned. So I'm just going to sit this one out.

And complain alot anyway.

No vote from me. There's just been too much bullshit to have to put up with from both sides.

I still can't decide if I dislike Maher more than Miller or not. They're both unfunny douchebags. Then again Maher does support the idiots at PETA...

I'm also leaning towards staying home on Election Day. If I do vote, it will probably be for Bush because I really haven't found a good reason to vote for Kerry, and "well, at least he isn't Bush" doesn't cut it. That seems to be the prevalent opinion with a lot of people, that there is a hell of a lot more anti-Bush sentiment with the Donkeys than pro-Kerry.

Guest fanofcoils

It is a big FUCK YOU to technology and to millions people when you can't vote online (I believe).

Guest T®ITEC

Well, this is the first time that I am able to vote, and so I will. I've always wanted to, for some insane reason. Had a vague interest in politics since I was six years old.

Guest SP-1
OK, for those of you that say you're not voting because you haven't done enough research on the candidates you need a beating...

Considering I'm working on my frist big publishing project (which is also a Faculty Directed Study, hopefully), and my class load, I flat out don't have the time to sit down and dig into Bush and/or Kerry. And considering how much they're both kind of dodging actual issues, I don't see a reason to invest the time anyway. If they can't stop dealing with each other long enough to inform the public about what they're planning to do, they don't get my vote this time around.

There is only one man who can save America and his name is...

nader.ralph.10-19-00.jpg

Ralph Nader

nader.ralph.10-19-00.jpg

Ralph Nader

I dunno if he can save the country, but that IS who I am voting for.

Guest MikeSC
It is a big FUCK YOU to technology and to millions people when you can't vote online (I believe).

Nah. It's a huge FUCK YOU to the assorted chimps who love to hack.

-=Mike

When are the American elections on? We have our Australian ones on here on October 9, but where you guys have the choice, it is mandatory for us to vote if you are over 18. Luckily it's within walking distance from my house. Stil, forced democracy sucks.

I think you're a nutbag if you can vote and don't. You can certainly afford to take 30 minutes out of your life to find a candidate that you think is kinda cool. It's not that hard to be even basically informed.

Nah. It's a huge FUCK YOU to the assorted chimps who love to hack.

-=Mike

You worry too much: most voters can't even figure out a butterfly ballot, nevermind online voting.

Guest Brian

If you're dissatisfied with the two-party system, right in or vote independent. As part of a demographic, the youth vote counts, and if we show we're generally dissatisfied with both parties and come out in numbers, it will at least make them take a look.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

No they won't, because they'll still win and that's all that matters in this case.

I think you're a nutbag if you can vote and don't.  You can certainly afford to take 30 minutes out of your life to find a candidate that you think is kinda cool.  It's not that hard to be even basically informed.

Voting for a president because he's "kinda cool" is what got Clinton elected ... and I was ashamed to have him leading my country. For all the crap that people give GW, I prefer him to the years under Clinton.

If either candidate really presented a reason for me to vote for them, I would. But, it really seems like "the devil you know or the devil you dont" and if that's the case then I'll hold off, and not vote for someone that I'm not 100% behind.

(IMG:http://www.freedomforum.org/graphics/2000/10/photos/nader.ralph.10-19-00.jpg)

Ralph Nader

I can't hear someone talk about voting for a 3rd party candidate without thinking of that Simpsons episode where Kang & Kodos abduct Clinton & Dole, and when the human says that they'll vote for a 3rd party candidate they're told "Go ahead, throw your vote away".

When I almost decided not to take part in the '00 election, my best friend told me "If you don't vote, I never EVER want to hear you complain about the outcome and effects"

That got me to vote

I don't care what side you're on, go out and vote, goddammit

OK, for those of you that say you're not voting because you haven't done enough research on the candidates you need a beating...

Seconded