TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

WWE News: RAW Ratings, WM21 Tickets, Bad Divas

WWE News: RAW Ratings, WM21 Tickets, Bad Divas

RAW rating drops plus other notes.....

- WWE RAW did a 3.5 rating this week off hours of 3.4 and 3.5. That is down from a 3.6 last week.

- Weekend ratings: Velocity 0.5, Experience 0.4, Heat 0.9.

- WWE.com has announced the ticket prices for WrestleMania 21. Ringside seats will be $750, including the chair you get to take home. Other seats will be $200, $100, $75, $50, and $40. Ticket prices are down slightly from last year. WM21 tickets go on sale September 25th.

- Fans who emailed WWE regarding the bad language used during the RAW Diva Search segment this past Monday are getting the following reply:

"Notwithstanding the 5 second delay from our live programming to telecast, last night’s Raw program aired unacceptable language during a live Diva Search segment. For which we apologize to our audience."

Credit: PWInsider.com

Guest Staravenger

Well THAT certainly warms my heart. A Company that has done fake murder angles and breaking and entering into someones house who is armed with loaded gun, and they apologize for a little bad language. If Vince had his way, wrestlers would say fuck every 5 seconds.

Guest Archibald Mutombo
If Vince had his way, wrestlers would say fuck every 5 seconds.

That would be something else!

:P

Heat 0.9

Benoit brings up Heat ratings! I see keep him on heat.

Ok, no need for anyone to shoot...joking, but I believe that's true, because compared to the other two shows that's pretty high, and usually Heat's about the same as the others right?

I guess a ME, UM on heat every now and then wouldn't hurt..?

Guest GreatOne
and entering into someones house who is armed with loaded gun

Considering how many people actually LIKED that angle I don't think those people all the sudden would be on a moral high ground putting it down.

No then they'd just be ECW.

Guest Staravenger

USA Network threatend McMahon if he pulled something like that again that WWF program would be taken off the air. Even if it was good (it was), it's still very controversial and doesn't settle well with others.

Guest Staravenger

Christy said something along the lines of "Cum guzzling Gutter Whore" to Carmella, someone else told her she gets cock up the ass (in those words, with more depth I think) and they dropped a few shits.

Guest GreatOne
USA Network threatend McMahon if he pulled something like that again that WWF program would be taken off the air

If that were the case they'd have been off the air after Bret Hart's tirade and 'Bang 3:16'.

Even if it was good (it was), it's still very controversial and doesn't settle well with others

Why would you argue AGAINST something you liked?

Guest Big Daddy V1

That would be something else!

:P

What you want to see another show like that? It'd get more stale than a Cena face rap.

Guest Staravenger

Well I like it NOW. Back when it originally happend I really had no clue what to make of it.

Guest GreatOne

Then they did what they were supposed to do, make it believable. Like the Thompson quote that Foley used, if you're gonna tell a vile experience, you should BE vile.

I highly doubt there's really a comparison between an angle that helped make Austin and making fun of dumb twat bimbos (theme) anyway.

RE: the gutterwhores and shits and cocks on live TV:

I was going to throw down with a fun anti censorship rant but I think I'd be preaching to the choir. Regardless, I like little things like this because they help WWE's stance of Anything Can Happen at any time. Plus, the redhead makes me all gooey in my cargo pants.

RE: Heat Ratings:

I might be in the minority here, but when I see Benoit doing Heat duty, I don't see that as a terrible thing. Let's say creative had nothing for him for RAW (blah blah creative here...whatever), he can work an exhibition match on Heat, work an under guy and get his name up with a good match, and most importantly he still gets a payday for working a show.

Plus, if they decided to do this every once in a while(maybe more often than that), they can put a top guy in an angle or match on Heat and it will ultimately bring up ratings because the fans will think it's used as a show that will have top guys and stories, as well as the ones you don't see on RAW.

I do know about the whole evil creative sucks and the whole Held Down factor in it all, but I'd prefer seeing them on TV instead of sitting out a payday. Especially if it's a favourite of mine, but that goes without saying.

Who in their right mind would pay$750 for a WM ticket. I don't care if it is a front row seat, that is assinine.

The guy who dresses up like Hulk Hogan and went to all of the WCW shows.

I wouldn't pay 750 bucks to see Orton vs HHH or Angle vs Undertaker...

... maybe if I was rich I would...

... but I'm not, and I live in New England, so chances are I'll watch it at someone's house.

raw rating seem to hover around 3.4. for the most part.

no one's title is going to push it any higher for the short term...

It's just going to BE there, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Except pushing Homicide to the ME :)

3.5? I guess it's ok to say that Orton's push is not setting the world on fire .

..I don't get that, not you necassarily, but when a champ for instance doesn't 'boost' ratings, especially if it's someone they don't like...that person is a bad champ? I really hope no one expected when Orton won the title the ratings would take a burst into 4.1 range or something.

I might be proved wrong one day, but still right now I'm saying there is NO ONE that can win the World Championship...Austin, Lesnar, Brooklyn Brawler, Bret hart, and give the WWE a ratings boost..into like the 4. I guess 3 or so since they do pull out their occasional 4.0 or so segments...so 4.3-5.0 and I really do believe that.

- WWE.com has announced the ticket prices for WrestleMania 21. Ringside seats will be $750, including the chair you get to take home. Other seats will be $200, $100, $75, $50, and $40. Ticket prices are down slightly from last year. WM21 tickets go on sale September 25th.

Can anybody tell me if the $200 price applies to floor seats?

If this is like past events, I'm going to guess that the $200 seats are the floor seats not in the first 10 or so rows. Trust me when I tell you this: Those seats are an absolute albatross to get. While it's cool to say that you had floor seats at WrestleMania, if you're not in the first 10 rows, floor seats are terrible because there is no elevation and everyone is waving signs in front of you. Totally not worth $200 - ESPECIALLY when you can sit in the lower bowl and get a BETTER view for half the price.

"Notwithstanding the 5 second delay from our live programming to telecast, last night’s Raw program aired unacceptable language during a live Diva Search segment. For which we apologize to our audience."

The WWE should have apologized for the bad programming in general during the segment.

I really don't think the Divas swearing and cursing really put them over anymore. If the Rock can't completely get them over, than foul language certainly won't.

While I don't have a problem with foul language, it'd be kind of nice if it was coming out of a wrestler's mouth instead of one of the reality show tramps.

If you're going to use profanity, why not use it to fire up a feud that could draw money?

Guest Miss Indy Queen

If this is like past events, I'm going to guess that the $200 seats are the floor seats not in the first 10 or so rows. Trust me when I tell you this: Those seats are an absolute albatross to get. While it's cool to say that you had floor seats at WrestleMania, if you're not in the first 10 rows, floor seats are terrible because there is no elevation and everyone is waving signs in front of you. Totally not worth $200 - ESPECIALLY when you can sit in the lower bowl and get a BETTER view for half the price.

I have to agree with you there. If you're not within the first 10 rows on floor seats, you won't be able to see a thing. Last year at MSG the $200 tickets were the floor seats and the first level going up which is what they considered lodge level. I'm not sure if it's going to be the same format for LA but I would avoid getting floor seats unless you're pretty close.

How could anyone get offended over foul language when you're a wrestling fan? Regardless of how vulgar, it kind of comes with the territory.

I don't really tune into Raw wanting to hear people swear. It's a wrestling entertainment show. A little swearing and foul language in angles between actual wrestlers is acceptable if it is building up for a feud, but having the contest of the week for the Diva Search to basically be a swearing contest is unacceptable television programming.

My guess is that a lot of the people that complained to the WWE were parents and people that just happened to be channel surfing. If other TV programming has to abide by FCC guidelines the WWE has to also.

It really has nothing to do with if you're a wrestling fan or not.