TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

Hilarious Wrestling Moments

I just thought of this while watching RVD/Benoit from SS2002. After RVD wins the match, he's laying on his back. Because of the camera view, you can't see his face so you can't tell if he's hurt, knocked out or what. Then Howard Finkel says "new WWE Intercontinental champion.. Rob Van Dam" and RVD does the thumbs taunt. Awesome.

Also, Triple H driving the forklift and a bloody Vince peering over the ring apron at XIX were great as well.

So what are some of the funniest sight gags or wrestling sequences you've seen?

Guest Ray_Rougeau

I cannot for the life of me remember what show this was, when it was...but it involved Kurt Angle...I think he had given someone an angle slam..and the camera immediately panned to his face...and he made the most hilariously unintentional facial expression....It's indescribable...anyone remember this?

Simple. When Shockmaster made his debut on Flair For The Gold and tripped over and lost his helmet. I saw that live as it happened and I was laughing my head off and at the same time was wondering what the fuck was going on.

Guest Ice Classic V.2

^ Oh yeah that was hilarious, I used to have a copy of Fall Brawl 98, with the classic match that Jericho defeated "Bill Goldberg."

Guest Staravenger

My Dinner with Kane was just too funny. Also gotta go with Kane jump-starting Shanes nuts.

Guest Staravenger

Is that why Kane kept walking out of view of the camera grunting? Tsk Tsk Tsk...Kane has been the BUTT of so many jokes its hard to remember anyone elses. Oh yeah...Scott Steiners superman dive off the apron atr Bad Blood 2003.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Raven making the dramatic run in to save Dreamer at Anarchy Rulz 99, the ring rope clothesline is seriously the most extreme moment of the night, as he desperately tries to slide under the ropes, but nearly decapitates himself in the process.

Viscera of course wiping out during his hardcore match run in.

Ric Flair has the Giant in the figure 4. He's sitting up, smiling, gloating, waiting for the Giant to tap. Suddenly, the Giant sits up. He's of course 7'2 at least, so his grip easily reaches Flair's throat even from that position. Flair's facial reaction and "OH GOD" yelp is classic.

I don't know if it's been mentioned recently...or if anyone else found it funny...but it's from SummerSlam '04, during Undertaker vs. JBL.

Ref is knocked out and JBL has Undertaker covered. Orlando Jordan slides into the ring, grabs the ref's hand, and starts making the count himself. After two, Undertaker gets his shoulder up and Jordan actually STOPS MAKING THE COUNT. And he has this "Oh maaaaaaan!" look on his face.

And there's also Angle, not wanting to get his hair cut, being chased by Edge during Judgment Day '03.

The most recent that I recall was from NOAH's 4/25/04 show which almost made me die from laughter - Akira Taue was chopping away at Tamon Honda and then Taue suddenly in a rushing manner slid both singlets (top attire ala Kurt Angle) in a way Antonio Banderas playfully undressed Zeta Jones with his sword - at which point Honda realized how wrongfully sexual it looked and he just stood there hiding a smile for few seconds with his hair all messy and untied, thinking where to go from here.

Guest wayzing

I've posted this before but it bears repeating in a thread like this.

SummerSlam'98. Hunter vs The Rock - Ladder Match.

While Hunter sits/lays on top of the ladder DX comes in to celebrate and X-Pac climbs the ladder and starts patting Hunter on his thigh in what looks like a combination of "way-to-go-Hunter" and "I'm right here, man".

Anyway Hunter totally no-sells it (being exhausted I suppose) and after an (admittedly short) awkward moment of nothing X-Pac just starts pumping with his arms letting out a big "YEAH!" or something like that.

It's such a small thing of course, but it really cracked me up as it made X-Pac look so unimportant.

Guest Staravenger

Just sounds like Hunter was tired and was still grasping where the hell he was.

But a funny X-Pac moment was when Goldust dressed as the Crocdile Hunter called him a bandana wearing grease rat (somethin like that) and said to beware, because they tend to suck. Goldust then tosses a fake crocodile at Xpac, who catches it, stands there, and 5 seconds later is all "you son a bitch" and chases him...only to meet a cookie sheet shot by Booker T.

remember when The Rock was in his locker-room in his days feuding with the Hurricane, and suddendly he opened his closet and there he was hiding. Rock's expresion was priceless there. Then he reopened and he jumped out of the closet.

Not one moment per se, but more a spot:

You know how Jericho has that "Fuck You" spot, where his opponent will run stupidly towards him? Now, most guys look stupid doing it as it is, but Christian looks ten times stupidier than anyone else. I don't know what it is, but the way he does it is just hilarious. Maybe it's hte face, maybe it's the way he starts running, but I always get a laugh out of it.

Pat Patterson walking in on a Rock promo, noticing the camera, and then quickly exiting through the door he came from.

I wish I still had that on tape.

Vince Russo also did that after Jim Mitchell had cut a promo. What made it even funnier was the fact that Russo was "gone" from TNA at that point.

Great stuff.

TAKA landing on his jaw during Royal Rumble 2000.

It was made extra-funny by the fact that Lawler DEMANDED an instant reply like, every 2 minutes thereafter, no matter what. There'd be all this crazy stuff going on in the ring, and Lawler's like "Let's see TAKA die again! That was great!"

Also, during the same rumble, Chyna tossed out someone, but ended up on the ring apron (over the top) as a result. She stopped for a minute, then the Big Bossman elbowed her in the back of the head and knocked her out. It was just the way the Bossman did it, so casual-like.

Guest Staravenger
TAKA landing on his jaw during Royal Rumble 2000.

It was made extra-funny by the fact that Lawler DEMANDED an instant reply like, every 2 minutes thereafter, no matter what. There'd be all this crazy stuff going on in the ring, and Lawler's like "Let's see TAKA die again! That was great!"

I think they replayed it at least 5 or 6 times. Just too funny, even if TAKA almost killed himself. Who eliminated him? Boss Man?

Also, during the same rumble, Chyna tossed out someone, but ended up on the ring apron (over the top) as a result. She stopped for a minute, then the Big Bossman elbowed her in the back of the head and knocked her out. It was just the way the Bossman did it, so casual-like.

Bossman was the fucking MAN during that Rumble. Giving Rikishi the finger, low blowing just about everybody, eliminating Chyna...he was my idol that night.

And Jeff Hardy too, but for different reasons. And there were words involved in that one. Terri, no!

Hurricane trying a double chokeslam on Hunter and Austin at the 02 Rumble.

And during Benoit/Rey/Angle from one Smackdown, watch for the spot where Benoit runs at Rey who avoids him...Benoit looks to be heading for Angle but puts the brakes on, and pulls THE WORST excuse for a 'shocked' facial expression ever. Funny stuff.

And during Benoit/Rey/Angle from one Smackdown, watch for the spot where Benoit runs at Rey who avoids him...Benoit looks to be heading for Angle but puts the brakes on, and pulls THE WORST excuse for a 'shocked' facial expression ever. Funny stuff.

I know what you are talking about! That was pretty funny.

Speaking of really bad facial expressions, when RVD first found out he was the one Goldust was talking about in those odd promos he had after the Rumble in 2002, Rob's "angry" faces were just about the worst thing I've EVER seen. I think he was trying to keep from laughing or something. That has to be the reason.

Guest ravman77

Heres a one, if anyone else can remember it. For some reason its burned into my memory. It was the Judgement Day when Vince fired Austin for not counting a winner in the Kane/Taker title match (98?)

After Vince does his "YOOOOUUURRRREEE FIRRRRREEEDDD" from the saftey of his skybox, Austin goes on the hunt from him backstage. He barges into several rooms and then in one, seems to unexpectedly interupt Owen (who IIR was wearing some of the Blazer costume).

Both seem startled at seeing the other and after a few seconds pause, Austin goes all low-key and mumbles "Hey, seen Vince" with Owen sheepishly replying "no".

Guess Austin had picked the wrong room but made for a funny few seconds of TV.

The NWO beatdown on The Rock. After Hogan hit the ambulance that had "The Rock" in it with a semi. It was just priceless seeing their faces, and when they ran away from it made it even better, should have been a 10, or 15 second run, but it seemed to almost go for a minute, because Hogan was just causually jogging.

I have to say that the Triple H forklift segment is the best. there is an interview taking place in the backstage area. The best is seeing Triple H driving the forklift and Flair riding along as they set their plan in motion. What makes it great is that Flair is just acting crazy while doing this segment.

I belive Lawler was laughing as this was taking place as well.