TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoZe

Eddie's DVD

Guest SoZe

What's the release date for this again?? I know it's sometime this month, just can't remember when. Also if anyone is willing to give a matchlisting, as I have seemed to forgotten a lot of it, I would appreciate it.

I believe it's 9/26. SummerSlam and the Coliseum ripoff Shawn Michaels are 9/12.

Matches, off the top of my head, are:

Guerreros in 6 man tag at AWA SuperClash III

The When World's Collide tag with Eddie

vs. Malenko (ECW 2/3 falls)

vs. Jericho at Fall Brawl 1997

vs. Mysterio at Halloween Havoc 1997

vs. Chavo at Bash at the Beach 1998

vs. RVD at Raw (ladder match)

3 way tag match (Survivor Series 2002)

vs. Benoit (Vengeance 2003)

vs. Lesnar (No Way Out 2004)

There's another thread somewhere with the info, and pwinsider.com shows it on its main page almost once weekly I believe. It's more complete there.

Jason

Edit: added the 10th and final match

^ I felt their BatB match was better than their previous encounter at the GAB.

Guest NiTR0

Eddie/Chavo at Great American Bash looked great on highlight version, but when I watched the full match, it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. I just found the match weird and thought Chavo overplayed his ''crazy character''. There were some neat moves, and sequences, but not a match I hold in high esteem.

I managed to pick up Eddies DVD today, almost a full month early (A new personal best!) at a Wal-Mart that just opened in the area. I just started watching it now, but I love the old school AWA stuff.

damn, I'll have to look back and compare with my original tape, but it appears they edited the part of Eddie vs RVD where the crazy fan runs into the ring and pushes over the ladder.

I couldn't find a Shawn Michaels DVD thread, so I'll ask here:

Are any of the matches on his "Boyhood Dream" DVD clipped?

I found it going for cheap, and I don't want to buy it if the matches aren't 100%.

Guest SoZe
I managed to pick up Eddies DVD today, almost a full month early (A new personal best!) at a Wal-Mart that just opened in the area. I just started watching it now, but I love the old school AWA stuff.

Do you live in the US?? I found the Benoit disks at Wal Mart almost a week early, but Eddie's set isn't due for more than 2 weeks.

Do you live in the US?? I found the Benoit disks at Wal Mart almost a week early, but Eddie's set isn't due for more than 2 weeks.

Yeah, I'm in the US, and I've seen it at atleast two or three different local Wal-Marts now, so it's definitly still out there.

Guest krazykat72

I picked up the Eddie DVD yesterday (9/11/04) 17 days before street date at the WalMart in Edison, NJ.

I've only watched some of the snippets, the Mysterio Match with commentary ahd the LoS Gringos Locos match from AAA.

There's a few easter eggs I found too, including a fun rundown of the Malenko/Guerrero feud, the background of the Lesnar match and one more that I can't quite place right now.

I also got the SummerSlam dvd 2 days early.

I didn't see the Michaels DVD, but I'm skipping it since I already have the Coliseum video version.

-Paul Jacobi-

Picked up Eddie's DVD late last night from Wal-Mart, so I can confirm it's definitely at your nearest Wally World.

Haven't watched it yet, since I also got my copy of MST3K: The Essentials in the mail, and that's what I ended up throwing in the player first after getting home.

-Ben

I picked up at MusicWorld last night (hint-hint for all the Canadians here). What an incredible main program, even if it's only 45 minutes long. I didn't think the WWE would be able to describe Eddie's struggles so accurately, but damn, they did. Of course, Eddie probably got to oversee everything, so it's no wonder a good final product turned out. It gets really emotional around the "Rock Bottom" chapter.

In fact, it's probably the best main program of any WWE DVD that isn't a Foley, Michaels or Flair DVD. (ie between 45 mins to 2 hrs long) As a warning, there isn't much about wrestling in the main program besides a chapter on Eddie-Lesnar and some quick blurbs about the rest of his career. The main program is as advertised: about Eddie's life.

Some interesting Easter eggs too, including the rundown of the Malenko-Guerrero feud, the Smackdown Six feud, and Eddie-Lesnar feud.

Also, they have all 5 of the Viva La Razza skits, which may or may not be to everyone's liking. I enjoyed them, though. Haven't watched the matches yet; will probably start that tonight. :)

My only knock against the DVD is that they have the heart attack angle from this past May as an extra. Why Eddie wanted it included is something I'm not sure of, but I'm guessing he has his reasons.

Very good DVD, though, highly recommended.

Chavo Jr. and Chris Jericho's WCW themes are dubbed out. Booker T's, Eddie's WCW and Mysterio's "March of Death" themes are kept intact though. :)

Also, they have all 5 of the Viva La Razza skits, which may or may not be to everyone's liking

I always found the one where they play golf with those guys pretty funny, but that could be just me.

I didn't catch the UPN special when it first aired but if it's as great as Martyewr says then it's a must-buy, so I'm pre-ordering it right now. My only complaints are the SSeries three-way tag match (which Eddie himself admitted wasn't as great as they hoped) and the ECW 2/3 falls match, which I already own in the Path of Destruction DVD. The NWO2004 match I can understand since it's his first WWE Title win, even if I already have the NWO2004 DVD also.

Also, they have all 5 of the Viva La Razza skits, which may or may not be to everyone's liking

I always found the one where they play golf with those guys pretty funny, but that could be just me.

I didn't catch the UPN special when it first aired but if it's as great as Martyewr says then it's a must-buy, so I'm pre-ordering it right now. My only complaints are the SSeries three-way tag match (which Eddie himself admitted wasn't as great as they hoped) and the ECW 2/3 falls match, which I already own in the Path of Destruction DVD. The NWO2004 match I can understand since it's his first WWE Title win, even if I already have the NWO2004 DVD also.

You know, now that you mention it, I completely forgot the main program *is* the UPN special, which I had never seen before.

Thank you kindly for the reminder. :cheers:

What's up with the 3 music videos included on one of the disks?

I don't get why they are there.

Also, Todd Grisham should be BANNED FOREVER from commentary tracks. He's like the king of stupid questions.

I read on Wrestlecrap that there's an Easter Egg on the DVD with Mean Gene and Hector Guerrero recalling the Gobblygooker debacle.

That right there makes it Must Buy!

My only complaints are the SSeries three-way tag match (which Eddie himself admitted wasn't as great as they hoped)

Yeah, if you've got the SurSer 02 DVD, they have a post-match interview with the Guerreros and they both seem totally dejected about the match. I guess it's only on there as it focuses on all parts of the SD Six, rather than other matches with just 2 or 4 in.

Guest W_Hillard
I read on Wrestlecrap that there's an Easter Egg on the DVD with Mean Gene and Hector Guerrero recalling the Gobblygooker debacle.

Ok, what the hell does Eddie have to do with the Gobblygooker?

Ok, what the hell does Eddie have to do with the Gobblygooker?

Because the part was played by his brother. A stretch, I know.

Guest Dazed

Hector Guerrero

Eddie Guerrero

Hector Guerrero

Eddie Guerrero

Hector Guerrero

Eddie Guerrero

Hector was the Gobbledygooker.

Guest W_Hillard
Hector Guerrero

Eddie Guerrero

Hector Guerrero

Eddie Guerrero

Hector Guerrero

Eddie Guerrero

Hector was the Gobbledygooker.

Ok. Except that, Hector wasn't really that good. Not wrestling as himself, anywho.