TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

Thank God only the kooks do this

Guest MikeSC
Former senator John Glenn (D-Ohio) took the defense a step further by comparing the Republicans' misleading statements to those of Nazi Germany. "You've just got to separate out fact from fiction. . . . Too often, too often, in this country, if you hear something repeated, it's the old Hitler business -- if you hear something repeated, repeated, repeated, repeated, you start to believe it," he said.

Ah, more Hitler/Bush references from the Dems.

Man, I'm glad they're running the "nicer" campaign.

-=Mike

Take "hitler" out of the equation, and he is basically telling it like it is though. I just hate when people have to resort to that to make a point, but the point is right on.

Fuck it. If the shoe fits....

Right, because Bush is so much like Hitler.

Why you can barely tell them apart.

Hitler has a mustache, Bush doesn't. Oh and Bush exterminated more Jews...

Hitler has a mustache, Bush doesn't. Oh and Bush exterminated more Jews...

Do we KNOW that for sure???

Do we REALLY!

Oh right, we do know that. Sorry, I started thinking like the morons who compare him to Hitler for a second.

I'd quicker compare Bush to Darth Vader than Hitler. God, some people really need their head examined.

You're totally blowing that out of proportion. You're equivocating his comparison of lies to the "Dems comparing him to a mass murderer".

He said he was like Hitler because he lied.

He did NOT say he was like Hitler because he exterminated a bunch of people. He didn't even imply anything. I know Hitler is a name you shouldn't use, and that was a mistake, but he probably felt that they both used the same tactic of using emotions to play to the crowd, which they do to the point of nausea.

I thought only Liberals made the logical fallacy of equivocation.

Guest SP-1

But Hitler is more widely known and hated for . . . KILLING A MASS NUMBER OF JEWS. Not lies. KILLING JEWS. Not lies. KILLING JEWS.

THAT is the instant comparison the average American will make in their heads.

He couldn't have said "the boy who cried wolf" or something that carries a little less baggage, then, oh the most villified genocidal fascist of the 20th century? The Dems bring this upon themselves, and they know exactly what they're doing...

When I read it, it seems too subtle for him to outright be calling him a genocidal dictator. Like I said, bad example, but I don't believe it's intended because I don't think every person in the DNC is an ass.

If you think that the average American would interpret that to be a comparison of mass grave records, then the problem lies with the average American.

You're totally blowing that out of proportion. You're equivocating his comparison of lies to the "Dems comparing him to a mass murderer".

He did NOT say he was like Hitler because he exterminated a bunch of people. He didn't even imply anything. I know Hitler is a name you shouldn't use, and that was a mistake, but he probably felt that they both used the same tactic of using emotions to play to the crowd, which they do to the point of nausea.

What kind of fucking lame-ass excuse are you trying to pull here?

That would be like, if you had a beard, me comparing YOU to Osama Bin Laden, simply because you both have facial hair.

"Boy, that Paragon, he has a nice thick beard, he's just like Osama bin Laden."

Retarded. I don't think you could have found a more jive excuse if you TRIED.

What kind of fucking lame-ass excuse are you trying to pull here?

That would be like, if you had a beard, me comparing YOU to Osama Bin Laden, simply because you both have facial hair.

"Boy, that Paragon, he has a nice thick beard, he's just like Osama bin Laden."

Retarded. I don't think you could have found a more jive excuse if you TRIED.

I'm not making an excuse, like I said, it was a mistake. I just think it's too subtle, and the "Big lie" thing is a tad more specific than facial hair. It just seems too subtle. Of course I'm just trying defend Dems everywhere since anyone who doesn't look at this as Hitler=Bush must be part of the DNC. Remember, you're either with us or against us.

Well you do know that Hitler put into place a multi-billion dollar prescription drug program before incinerating all the Jews.

He also believed in No Child Left Behind...

Well you do know that Hitler put into place a multi-billion dollar prescription drug program before incinerating all the Jews.

He also believed in No Child Left Behind...

I cannot stand any more of these outrageous and untrue Bush/Hitler comparisons.

For the record...

MILITARY SERVICE

Hitler: A decorated World War I veteran.

Bush: Dodged Vietnam and cannot provide proof of National Guard Service.

CAREER

Hitler: A self-made man who rose through the ranks of the German civil service and was elected Chancellor of Germany.

Bush: Born into wealth; attended Yale on his family name; ran several businesses into the ground; elected President when awarded the electoral votes of a state governed by his brother.

PUBLIC SPEAKING

Hitler: One of the most well-known orators of the 20th century.

Bush: Has trouble pronouncing common words and creating logical sentences.

LITERARY ACHIEVEMENTS

Hitler: A published author.

Bush: Once passed out on the steps of the library.

You forgot:

Hitler: Responsible for the deaths of millions upon millsions of people.

Bush: Getting there, with the help of Halliburton.

Hitler: Turned many of his people to his side thanks to propaganda.

Bush: A certain cable news channel...

Bush still needs a little hand gesture as well. He's got a long way to go.

He already has one- scratching his head! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Jeez. I'm moderate(60/40 liberal on the issues) and I don't like Bush, but comparing him to Hitler is goddamn ridiculous. I think the majority of people either agree with Bush's decisions from the get-go or almost immediately call bullshit no matter what. Since 9/11 it seems like there hasn't been much of an inbetween where people take the time to deeply contemplate an issue. This is referring to the average citizen, of course.

Oh, and the moustache has to be a handlebar.

I'm kind of shocked that Jobber actually made a post essentially stating how much BETTER Hitler is than Bush.

Ok, I'm not really shocked at all, just appalled at how low JOTW's stooping these days.

Guest MikeSC
I'm kind of shocked that Jobber actually made a post essentially stating how much BETTER Hitler is than Bush.

Ok, I'm not really shocked at all, just appalled at how low JOTW's stooping these days.

Oh, he just likes stirring people up.

You know, like Stalin.

-=Mike

I'm kind of shocked that Jobber actually made a post essentially stating how much BETTER Hitler is than Bush ... Ok, I'm not really shocked at all, just appalled at how low JOTW's stooping these days.

Eh, it got a chuckle out of me. I chalked it up under sarcasm...

"Have you gone out and bought Clinton's new book, 'Mein Kampf'? ... the English translation is 'My Life', but I suppose in German it's gonna be translated into Mein Kampf. It should be a big seller over there ... So there it is -- you wanna read 'Mein Kampf', go read it --I mean 'My Life', excuse me, I keep mixing up the two titles -- of Bill Clinton's and the other fella who ran Germany for awhile."

- Michael Savage

Guest MikeSC
"Have you gone out and bought Clinton's new book, 'Mein Kampf'? ... the English translation is 'My Life', but I suppose in German it's gonna be translated into Mein Kampf. It should be a big seller over there ... So there it is -- you wanna read 'Mein Kampf', go read it --I mean 'My Life', excuse me, I keep mixing up the two titles -- of Bill Clinton's and the other fella who ran Germany for awhile."

- Michael Savage

You REALLY want to compare the relevance of Michael Savage to John Glenn?

Lord, if anybody listened to Air America, I imagine there's a wealth of quotes to anchor the left with.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Well, considering Glenn is probably as relevant as, say, Joe Scarbrough...

Scarborough called the left "Nazis"? Wow.

-=Mike

I wish some people could be a bit more subtle.

"You've just got to separate out fact from fiction.... too often, in this country, if you hear something repeated, repeated, repeated, you start to believe it, and we've seen it used in this country and other countries around the world"