TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Best crimson mask

I dont have any pics but Shawn Michaels from last years Survivor Series, and the immortal Steve Austin juice-job from WM13 are my favourites.

I don't know, I think Shawn Michaels from Badd Blood 97 may top that one...I don't think there was one spot on his face that wasn't covered in blood by the time that match was over...

The Austin one was bloody but not as bad as others, but it did provide us one of the best visuals, the shot directly on his face as he groans in pain from the sharpshooter with blood spilling everywhere...I think they even made a Tshirt out of it...

Guest BrokenWings

eddieblood2.jpg

Eddie Guererro.

This is also fresh in my mind, Jay Briscoe after fighting Samoe Joe at ROH's "Do or Die 2"

DSC07636.jpg

that shit is just ridiculous and lends nothing to a match...that was one of my main problems with ECW during their hayday...I can understand blading from a psychology standpoint, but sometimes they just throw it out there for the fuck of it to get their matches over...

The Austin WM 13 blade job made sense from the standpoint that they didn't want him to actually tap out from the sharpshooter but rather have the blood loss and the pain contribute to his passing out to show he's a tough guy...

HBK's Badd Blood blade job made sense because they wanted to show that he was CLEARLY overmatched and was gonna get his ass handed to him throughout pretty much the whole match...

Guest whitemilesdavis

Does anyone know why they don't just use fake blood? Noone would know the difference, it'd be a lot safer, and less barbaric.

Does anyone know why they don't just use fake blood? Noone would know the difference, it'd be a lot safer, and less barbaric.

Where would they keep it ? Fake blood dries too fast to be used in place of real blood. WWE has sometimes used it in backstage angles, because they can get away with it as it looks just like real blood under low lighting, but in front of an audience you can't get away with it.

Guest whitemilesdavis
Where would they keep it ?

The same place they keep their blades? The ref's pocket? I don't know, seems like a million options.

WWE has sometimes used it in backstage angles, because they can get away with it as it looks just like real blood under low lighting, but in front of an audience you can't get away with it.

Yet big time theatre gets away with it everyday? I don't think anyone would ever know the difference.

Guest Dynamite Kido

WMD, it would be WAY too much trouble for them to use fake blood. Especially considering that it would dry up, not look as good, and people WOULD know the difference now that they have been seeing the real thing for years.

Guest whitemilesdavis

A concoction of Karo syrup + coloring would never dry up. Ever.

Shawn Micheals bit a blood capsule against Kane a few weeks ago, and I didn't see a big outrage cause of the fake blood. In fact, Idare say most people didn't notice.

Shawn Micheals bit a blood capsule against Kane a few weeks ago, and I didn't see a big outrage cause of the fake blood. In fact, Idare say most people didn't notice.

So where would this be kept ? How would they introduce it when huge bloodshed is wanted without it looking so damn hokey ? Fake blood could never be used in place of blading.

Shawn Micheals bit a blood capsule against Kane a few weeks ago, and I didn't see a big outrage cause of the fake blood. In fact, Idare say most people didn't notice

Because he was 'bleeding internally'. That's different from a wrestler being 'busted open' in the head or back, or anywhere else where they couldn't use a capsule.

Fake blood in a match is just not an option.

Guest whitemilesdavis
So where would this be kept ?

1. In the ref's pocket.

2. Under the ring.

3. In the turnbuckle cover.

4. Tucked in the apron on the edge of the mat.

There are literally countless possibilities.

Fake blood could never be used in place of blading.

This is really your only arguement. You should just say, "Hey, I'm a wrestling fan. I like outdated barbaric acts."

Again, blading is OK if it makes sense with the overall psychology of the match, but to do blood baths just to get a match or a company over is lame...

take XPW for example. it's like HEY! look at us! we have bloodbaths! we're more extreme then ECW! buy our shitty product!

So where would this be kept ?

1. In the ref's pocket.

2. Under the ring.

3. In the turnbuckle cover.

4. Tucked in the apron on the edge of the mat.

There are literally countless possibilities.

Fake blood could never be used in place of blading.

This is really your only arguement. You should just say, "Hey, I'm a wrestling fan. I like outdated barbaric acts."

So, when huge bloodshed is called for, how do they keep going for the fake blood without it looking stupid ?

In the middle of a heated brawl, how do they go for this fake blood without stopping the momentum of the match, and without it looking too obvious as to what they're doing.

Fake blood can't replace blading. It's just that simple. Deal with it.

And BL is right, in that blading is ok if it makes sense within the match, and if it isn't used all the time. Then it just loses its effectiveness, and is pointless.

Guest whitemilesdavis
So, when huge bloodshed is called for, how do they keep going for the fake blood without it looking stupid ?

I'm not sure, but that should be an extremely rare case anyway.

In the middle of a heated brawl, how do they go for this fake blood without stopping the momentum of the match, and without it looking too obvious as to what they're doing.

Pretty much the same way they blade now, you know, fall down, roll around, hold face.

Fake blood can't replace blading. It's just that simple.

Ah, back to your staple arguement.

Deal with it.

I'll try, but it may take years, and many nights of lost sleep.

And BL is right, in that blading is ok if it makes sense within the match, and if it isn't used all the time. Then it just loses its effectiveness, and is pointless.

I do totally agree with this. I'm seen way to many untalented indy guys slice their forehead to bits to try and make up for the fact that they can't wrestle.

Guest ally mccoist

Surprised no ones mentioned Muta. He had an awesome/sick bladejob going on in a match with Hiroshi Hase, I think its pretty famous.

I can tell immediatly when they use fake blood, rock used to do it all the time. HBK did it in his comeback match against HHH. You can tell because in one instance the blood is actually trickling from the lacerated head, while in the others the blood is just there in a big glob, running in stream down the head.

In wrestling they use very close up camera shots, in theatre the audience is generally far enough away to use fake blood.

Does that answer the question without just saying because?

Guest whitemilesdavis
Does that answer the question without just saying because?

Well, that is a better answer, but wouldn't you assume you are in the minority for noticing the consistancy of blood?

Guest bigm350

Probably eddy's from his match with JBL. But the one that made the most sense that I've seen is Austin's vs Bret at WM XIII.

The Austin one was bloody but not as bad as others, but it did provide us one of the best visuals, the shot directly on his face as he groans in pain from the sharpshooter with blood spilling everywhere...I think they even made a Tshirt out of it...

I still own that T-shirt. Austin 3:16 in blood-dripping red font, and Austin's face in the back. Just awesome.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

The problem is that blading looks FAR better than fake blood. I mean... it's not even close.

Guest ally mccoist

Thought of another guy: Vince McMahon. Can't remember which match, but his mug was covered. Maybe vs Hogan, or the Buried Alive match.

Thought of another guy: Vince McMahon. Can't remember which match, but his mug was covered. Maybe vs Hogan, or the Buried Alive match.

I believe that was his BA match with Undi last year.

Another great crimson mask was Chris Jericho at SMW's Night Of Legends. That one was one of the best of all time.

Another great crimson mask was Chris Jericho at SMW's Night Of Legends. That one was one of the best of all time.

That one was freaking sick. The blood was all over the ref's clothes. Add the broken arm, and Jericho was the ultimate face-in-peril that match.

Bloodiest match in history has to be the Last Battle of Atlanta in a steel cage between Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer.

Bill Alphonso looked pretty sick against Beaulah in their ECW intergender match.

Another good one was Tully Blanchard getting his forehead carved up with a wooden chair by Magnum TA in a cage.

Pretty much the same way they blade now, you know, fall down, roll around, hold face.

So, when you get a close up of the blader's face as is common...how do you explain the fact that instead of there being a cut on the guy's forehead and blood coming form it, he's just got blood on his face coming from nowhere in particular.

It's not like some medical drama...fake blood isn't applied minutes in advance and checked for accuracy. This is matter of moment stuff they're doing, with people close up and just feet away.

Hiding it in the ref's pocket? What? How does it get from the pocket to the forehead without anyone noticing anything exactly?