TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

Cheapie DVDs at Wal-Mart

Most of you are aware of the $5.50 DVD section virtually every Wal-Mart offers. I'm not a big supporter of the place, but on those rare occassions I drop by, I always check this section out. Earlier today, me and the Mrs. had to drop by for some groceries, so of course, I checked out the DVD section. Anyway, after a few glances, I spotted a pair of WWE titles I didn't even know were out. They were History of Wrestlemania I-IX and Shawn Michaels: Boyhood Dream.

I don't know how many times the history of Wrestlemania and various Shawn Michaels can be rehashed on DVD, but nevertheless, I picked them both up; mainly because they're two hours in length and look to be good for their asking price.

The Wrestlemania disc contains the usual stuff, but the Michaels one looks to have basically all of his 1996 PPV matches on it. It may be a lot like the HBK video from Coliseum Video back in 1997 (if not the identical one), but running at two hours, you're likely to get a good chunk of the featured matches.

Anyway, I didn't even know these existed and hadn't seen anything about them around here, so I thought I'd mention it for those of you who've got Wal-Mart by you.

On further inspection, these are supposed to be released this Tuesday. Guess this Wal-Mart just dumped them in early. They're supposedly $9.95 each, but not the case at this Wal-Mart.

I actually just got back from my Wal-Mart with several WWE DVD's. Survivor Series 2002 and Judgment Day 2002 for 9.99 each and the Chris Benoit DVD for 19.99. They also had a bunch of VHS's that I already had for 4.99, like Royal Rumble 03 and No Way Out 03.

Canadian prices, and probably just my Wal-Mart, but still - good enough deal.

Guest Ice Classic V.2

I never can find anything at my Wal-Mart. The only thing they carry wrestling wise is that Booker T DVD.

Guest SoZe

I had checked my local Wal-Mart for WWE DVD's before, with no luck. However, a new super Wal Mart opened at the end of June. I happened to check there after hearing some locations had been stocking the Benoit DVD early, and there it lay, for $17.88. Realy nice price considering the local Best Buy was asking $22.99, and the local Media Play charging (yipes!) $27.99. They're open 24 hours too, so you know that's where I'll be heading when I want to buy another WWE DVD.

Keeping with the weird pattern that WWE DVD releases have in Canada (I just picked up the Eddie DVD today), these 2 have been at the local Music World for the past few weeks for about $9.

I actually just got back from my Wal-Mart with several WWE DVD's. Survivor Series 2002 and Judgment Day 2002 for 9.99 each and the Chris Benoit DVD for 19.99. They also had a bunch of VHS's that I already had for 4.99, like Royal Rumble 03 and No Way Out 03.

Canadian prices, and probably just my Wal-Mart, but still - good enough deal.

Must be a Canadian Wal-Mart deal, since they have those ones here, too.

well here in the states, my local walmart is all of the sudden stocking wwe dvds. they had the benoit dvd for 18.95(yikes I stupidly paid srp of 29.95 us at goddam suncoast-never again), vengeance 04 for 15.88, backlash 04 for 14.98 (which I picked up) john cena dvd for 13.99, and great american bash for 15 bucks even. I will have to check in again soon to see if they get the eddie dvd.

I've ditched every other form of WWE DVD outlet for the Wal-Mart nearest me.

Over the last month, I've picked up Backlash 2004, John Cena: Word Life and Vengeance 2004 for 14.88 EACH, which is ridiculously cheap given the prices of Borders, FYE and so on.

I picked up WWE Global Warming: Melbourne Tour for 9.99 CDN at Wal Mart.

By the way, I suggest picking it up. The card is decent, and you get three classic matches from the 1986 tour, which I've NEVER seen anywhere before. Not the greatest of matches, but still, its fun to see the old stuff, especially when I've never seen it.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Damn guys, everytime I go to the Wal-Mart by where I live they NEVER have any wrestling DVD's except for the new ones at regular price.