TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

Green Day

Upon one listen, I found the new album a lot better than expected. If your not a fun of the first single, don't let that deter you from checking it out, it's anything but generic pop-punk fluff. It's much more mature sounding than they're previous recordings and even has a couple of uncharacteristic 9 minute + tracks (although one is basically a few different songs in one). Still good stuff though

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Is this the rock opera one? Think i heard them say it was, but could be wrong.

Guest The Decadent Slacker
What's this opera stuff? Bunch of strings, horns and shit on a Green Day album?

Just tracks that connect together & create a narrative about something or other. I think Billy Joe said "American Idiot" was a rock opera, but i'm not sure. I'd be kinda curious if it is, though.

Guest JMA

I really like this song and the music video is pretty damn sweet, too. I was really into Green Day when I was younger (and still am) so it's good to see them back in the spotlight, so to speak.

Speaking of, did anyone else catch their performance on The Late Show with David Letterman? Dave surprised me by revealing that he's a big Green Day fan. I NEVER would've seen that coming. :D

Speaking of, did anyone else catch their performance on The Late Show with David Letterman? Dave surprised me by revealing that he's a big Green Day fan. I NEVER would've seen that coming. :D

Yeah....pretty good performance.

If there is even ONE on the album and you buy it... you're out of the group.

Oh bite me, hippie. Most of my albums have at least one commie/anti-whitey track on it.

Christ, if I had to listen to how I vote, I'd be stuck with Toby Keith...

This album was really hyped so went into it with a very critical ear.

Wow. It blew me away. It still sounds like a green day album but Armstrongs songwriting has really progressed. Its an awesome album. One could argue that it is thier best album yet.