TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

Viscera speaks his mind.

With the Ministry back in action, dark days are here again

by Anthony Cali

Spokane, Washington - Five years ago, a very different Undertaker was the sinister leader of the Ministry — a group of mind-controlled, social and political misfits. As 1999 came to a close, however, Undertaker disbanded his group and shortly thereafter many of its members disappeared from WWE.

This week on SmackDown!, two of Taker’s most evil henchmen returned. Unlike their last stints, these two dark warriors were out for revenge. These days, it would seem as though the Deadman’s powers over Gangrel and Viscera have worn off and a new power has taken over their minds — the power of JBL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Aside from JBL’s financial backing, it is also likely that both Gangrel and Viscera hold grudges against their former charge for not helping them keep their positions. Since being released by the company, both Superstars have continued their respective careers, but neither one has attained the level of stardom and notoriety accomplished while in WWE.

“I’ve still been wrestling,” Gangrel said while drinking from a large goblet backstage in Spokane Arena. “Since my neck injury — I was out two years — I disappeared from here, and I’ve been wrestling in England, Ireland and Germany. In fact, I’m supposed to be in Ireland right now, but I cancelled those plans to show up here tonight. But JBL’s money talks.’’

“I’ve been wrestling at military bases overseas, and in the states,” Viscera said minutes after attacking the Phenom. “Just entertaining the troops and their families, and trying to stay as busy as possible. It feels good, and it’s real rewarding, but what’s funny is that a lot of people are always screaming about the Ministry, and how they wanted us to come back, so I’m real happy to see it’s finally happened.”

Following their brutal attack, which left Taker lying flat in the center of the ring, SmackDown! General Manager Theodore R. Long made a match for next week, pitting Gangrel and Viscera against Undertaker in a handicap match. After that match, the two Superstars are unsure of their immediate future.

“I don’t know if it’s short-term or long-term,” Gangrel said, “but it feels good. All the excitement, the energy, and getting to see old friends and stuff feels great. I only hope that we stick around long enough to get rid of Undertaker.”

“It really does feel great [to be back],” the former King of the Ring Viscera said. “It’s a long time coming, and I’m ecstatic. I think that this time, we’ll stick around for a while.”

Thank God.

Guest Cataclysm911

Does this mean that WWE has to pay royalties to White Wolf again to use the Gangrel name & character?

Guest Anglesault

A nice subtle touch. Vis is wearing his Ministry vest, and not his Big Vis trash bag.

Guest Anglesault
I will admit that I was very impressed when he hit the Undertaker with the Lo Down

Oh, crap, that was supposed to be the Sky High?

I felt alot better with him before you said that.

Edited by Anglesault

Actually I don't believe it was. It was a double handed chokeslam, More of an 'Albert Bomb'. It was pretty decent, but he just couldn't get up after it for a few moments. ;)

Guest Big Daddy V1
I will admit that I was very impressed when he hit the Undertaker with the Lo Down/Derailer.

At least it wasn't horribly botched.

And yes a two handed chokeslam is a sky high/derailer/albert bomb

No, not really. The opponent ends up the same, but the set-up is different.

True, in the Derailer (or Train Wreck, whatever Train calls it)/Baldo Bomb, the guy is lifted up by their neck. But in a Rydeen/Sky High/BK Bomb, he's lifted up via waistlock or by the underarms.

I will admit that I was very impressed when he hit the Undertaker with the Lo Down/Derailer.

D'Lo's frog splash = The Lo Down.

Albert's Canadian backbreaker = Derailer.

D'Lo's two-handed slam = Sky High.

Albert's two handed chokeslam = Baldo Bomb, Train Wreck

D'Lo's frog splash = The Lo Down.

Albert's Canadian backbreaker = Derailer.

D'Lo's two-handed slam = Sky High.

Albert's two handed chokeslam = Baldo Bomb, Train Wreck

You've got A-Train's moves the wrong way round. The Derailer = Baldo Bomb, Train Wreck = Canadian Backbreaker.

Guest Anglesault
No it isn't. The Derailer is DEFINITELY the same as the Baldo Bomb. Definitely definitely.

I'm pretty damn sure the Baldo Bomb is the train wreck. Or was in the beginning. Because after they started calling the backbreaker the "Derailer" Several people (somewhat sarcastically) said something to the effect of "Do you think they can get away with calling the Baldo Bomb the Train Wreck without the jokes flooding in?"

It was probably just Cole messing up. Every A-Train match I've seen has the Baldo Bomb referred to as the Derailer, and the backbreaker referred to as the Train Wreck. It's possible, I suppose, that the names were reversed at the very start of the gimmick and I missed the matches...but Cole messing up is the safe bet.

Vis is wearing his Ministry vest, and not his Big Vis trash bag.

As much as I hate people who are mean to Vis, I will admit I laughed my fucking ass off. Trenchcoat = TRASH BAG.

The trenchcoat he was wearing was propably too small for him.

Guest Trivia247

Fricken Baseball took out Smackdown adn I wasn't able to see the repeat later, but I did see the Clip of Viscera and Gangrel's run in on the Undertaker via WWE.com. It seems to me that Viscera's either Total Penetration or Rydeen bomb (If he got his hands on his throat or on his shoulders) Was actually pretty decent for a guy his size.

I don't mind giving these two a second (or in Vis's case a 3rd) Chance. As long as they are useful. (understand that most here see no use to them period heh)

I don't even think the WWE remembers which move is which

That's the entire problem with this argument. Whether it was Cole screwing up or WWE changing the names, they were changed on a weekly basis. I remember calling Cole a dumbass so many times when the name was different from the week before. Why I noticed, or for that matter, cared, I cannot say. But I do know for sure that the names kept getting flip flopped around.

I think that Albert's finisher was always supposed to be called the Derailer, regardless of which move he was using. There's some WWE logic for ya.