TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Randy Orton may not be all that over

I think this shirt would be just as good, if not better for some here:

37002pi.jpg

I don't know why someone who's not a fan of Batista or Orton would buy these just for their cool design, I'm sure there are stores in this great country that carry cute t-shirts that dont read shit like 'RKO' and 'Batista'.

just a hassle of explaining to someone that this is a shirt of a wrestler that you don't "really" like.

I don't know why someone who's not a fan of Batista or Orton would buy these just for their cool design, I'm sure there are stores in this great country that carry cute t-shirts that dont read shit like 'RKO' and 'Batista'.

just a hassle of explaining to someone that this is a shirt of a wrestler that you don't "really" like.

Oh, dear lord. If you're that self-concious, maybe you shouldn't go outside.

Passerby: Nice shirt, what is it?

Sintoxic: Well, see, it's a t-shirt I got at this wrestling show and while it has this guy's name on the back here in the hard to read print, I don't really care for him that much I mean he's okay but not exactly main eventer material if you know what I mean perhaps if he was fighting upper midcard guys, well okay, but you know, he's being overpushed, know what I mean?

Passerby: Fuck it, forget I asked.

Sintoxic: *yelling at Passerby, who's walking away* WELL, I JUST DIDN'T WANT YOU TO THINK I'M A MARK!

Those shirts are boring, lame, and generic.

So the Orton one fits his character to a T. Batista deserves better, though.

Ummm...what's so 'boring and lame' about the Batista one? Or hell, even the Orton one for that matter...

They even look better then the AJ Styles tshirt that was on sell not to long ago, ,I'd buy them...but I don't buy anything online really

As opposed to the different, lame and unusual 'UnderQuaker' shirt? The NWO and Austin 3:16 shirts weren't exactly groundbreaking either. Simpler shirts sell better as fans are more likely to wear them in public. Hence Rock's ones being mainly catchphrased shirts.

Saying that, I'm kinda on the fence about both of them. The Teddy Long one is right up there with the UnderQuaker though.

Guest M. Harry Smilac

On the back they shoulda replaced "Destiny" with "Sensible"

Neither are as good as RVD's latest.

And look for this to be on RD's someone bought this in about 5 years.

03136pi.jpg

Sintoxic: Well, see, it's a t-shirt I got at this wrestling show and while it has this guy's name on the back here in the hard to read print, I don't really care for him that much I mean he's okay but not exactly main eventer material if you know what I mean perhaps if he was fighting upper midcard guys, well okay, but you know, he's being overpushed, know what I mean?

Sintoxic: *yelling at Passerby, who's walking away* WELL, I JUST DIDN'T WANT YOU TO THINK I'M A MARK!

Thanks for that lovely montage, but I don't know how I ended up getting the part of a wimpy WWE wearing t-shirt fan boy who hangs out at the mall whole day trying to fit in with the "cooler" crowd, fuck I don't even know what RKO stands for let alone buy something from WWE in the 1st place.

Thanks for that lovely montage, but I don't know how I ended up getting the part of a wimpy WWE wearing t-shirt fan boy who hangs out at the mall whole day trying to fit in with the "cooler" crowd, fuck I don't even know what RKO stands for let alone buy something from WWE in the 1st place.

Even if that's not the case, that is basically what it sounded like. :P

I thought it was funny. :(

Guest The Decadent Slacker

If the RKO one had the radio tower, then i'd buy it. I'm a mark for film.

Batista's isn't like terrible, but the front is kinda underwhelming with the whole bent paper clip thing. Still better than much of the other crap.

Teddy Long's is funny in a sad way. Runs rings around Underquaker though.

Guest Rain On Your Parade
:gas: I think they both suck. I wouldn't be caught dead in either of them.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Ironic, considering I always thought "Destiny" would make a great sort of iconic catchphrase for Orton.

Well, at least your sensible......

Yet you posted here about the social issues of wearing a shirt with a wrestler's name on it that you didn't like.

I think the Orton shirt is nice looking, however I have no desire to wear a Randy Orton shirt.

Someone post the new RVD shirt please :)

As opposed to the different, lame and unusual 'UnderQuaker' shirt? The NWO and Austin 3:16 shirts weren't exactly groundbreaking either. Simpler shirts sell better as fans are more likely to wear them in public. Hence Rock's ones being mainly catchphrased shirts.

If Randy had a catchphrase/character that went with it and had a great hook to it, it would work. Don't even try to compare Austin 3:16 or nWo to that.

Oooooh, it's his initials and what I presume is a tattoo design. It worked for Goldberg (tattoo and his name), but that was about all that you could really use to establish the connection. Any FGB merchandise that wasn't completely terrible would have sold anyway.

The Orton/Batista one is just a symptom of WWE's "Rookies with short hair, tattoos, and 'the look' who are all not really that different from each other as far as character" mentality. What's interesting about either of those shirts, really?

I still say that "Destiny" is a good start when it comes to Randy Orton. He doesn't elude to it much in his promos, but I'd love to see him try it out.

Nobody else in wrestling has really had a "destiny" lately. You can say Chris Benoit had one before WM, but since then... probably HBK going into the Iron Man. The whole boyhood dream thing. Character-wise, that was one of the most captivating things about Shawn Michaels in that era of his career. Marks were just WAITING to cheer HBK as the new champion at the end of WM12, and it was handed to them and the celebration afterwards (going so far as to hug Vince at ringside) was a grand image that needs to be recaptured.

Once again, it seems Benoit did somewhat recapture that, as he stood in the ring with Eddie Guerrero after WM20, but if the same idea was placed with Randy, it could turn him into more than something bland and give his character a much deeper direction that "i kill legends and i want to beat HHH."

I am all for deep characters, as long as the stories they have are told well. Kane's story started out fine, but then turned into something so bizarre that it lost all meaning, but Orton is fresh and a story of "My destiny is to become world champion" or my personal favorite which I would love for him to use post WM21...

"It was my dream to hold the World Championship ever since I was a child, but moreso, it was my destiny to hold the world in my hands, and last night I came as close as any mortal man can to doing just that. Randy Orton held the world in his hands...and yes, it was Destiny."

Guest Loss

You know, the word "destiny" used to get tossed around for Lex Luger a lot, the guy who was yesteryear's Wrestler We Want You To Accept As A Star Over Others More Over. Good continuity.

I kind of want the Batista one, it has more edge to it. I think the Orton one is a step down from his last shirt (designed after a parental advisory).