TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

The OAO Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Guest MikeSC
Shit

You know what I find funny?

punkvoter.com has the audacity to call anybody dumb.

That's like Mikey Moore cracking on somebody's weight.

-=Mike

Best line of the night?

Dick Cheney: "I've been head of the senate for four years now, and the first time I met you was tonight, on this stage."

Or something like that.

That made me laugh.

From what I learned about the first debate, Edwards won. Style over Substance.

Edwards wins points with some women. Why? He is the handsome rich guy with a fat ugly wife...plus he has better posture, and hair. Cheney is fat, and was slouched over tonight, muffling his mic on some occasions. Plus some people find Edwards father learning math over TV heart warming. What the fuck does that have do with being Vice President?

Guest GreatOne
I've not seen a bigger thrashing in a debate in my life.

And that's the truth.

-=Mike

There was one not even a week ago.

Which thrashing, you mean last Thursday?

I agree, UConn just OWNED Pitt....................

Cheney won the debate, however Edwards didn't come off like a bumbling fool like Dubya did against Kerry, he just simply lost the debate. Cheney was just to prepared on foreign policy, and Edwards seemed like he just wanted to hop on by all of that stuff and get to domestic issues, where the debate started to level out a lot more for both candidates. Add to this the fact that once Friday comes around no will even remember there was a VP debate, and how historically the VP debate is irrelevent to the election, and I'd say even though Edwards lost the debate, it did minimal damage to the Kerry/Edwards campaign.

Guest Loss

Did anyone else think the Democrats looked like bigger homophobes than the Republicans based on tonight's debate alone?

Guest MikeSC
Did anyone else think the Democrats looked like bigger homophobes than the Republicans based on tonight's debate alone?

I also think they have a tendency to be racists. But, they got the votes there sewn up, too.

It's amazing how much a group is willing to sell out their benefits by siding with a party that only pays them lip service.

-=Mike

That was bad. Edwards kept repeating the same stuff over and over again and his gay marriage thing really came off poorly.

I can't believe I'm going to say this...I trust Dick Cheney more than John Edwards.

This was really a smack in the mouth, Cheney was prepared and Edwards really had nothing. Everything he fired, Cheney answered back and made Edwards make a "pfft as if" face.

I think we should all be glad Edwards DIDN'T win the nomination cause he would have been hammered into the ground. That was just sad.

I'm still not voting for Bush, but damn Mike was right. Cheney laid a beatdown on Edwards. Ouch. This was just...ow.

Guest GreatOne

What we've learned tonight,

'Kerry won by a landslide' yet even hinting the Cheney won tonight's debate=BAD. Bush is bad and evil for anybody except Haliburton, he's Hitler! Heil Bush!

(You think that's overdramatizing, that's nothing on the actual bandwagoners)

'Kerry won by a landslide' yet even hinting the Cheney won tonight's debate=BAD. Bush is bad and evil for anybody except Haliburton, he's Hitler! Heil Bush!

what are you talking about? Me and 2Cold quite abruptly, said Cheney won without qualms, and we are two of the more liberal folks on here.

Guest GreatOne

And like I said in another thread, I don't see where that post had anything to do with you.

what are you talking about? Me and 2Cold quite abruptly, said Cheney won without qualms, and we are two of the more liberal folks on here.

Eh, 2Gold is a bit more moderate. But the point is taken. I think it's aimed more at NYU and a few others.

And hell, where is TheLastBoyScout?!

I'm liberal?

When the hell did that happen?

Crap, I'm in a group!

There goes my Christmas Card list.

I felt Kerry won the Presidental but not by much, I expected more and felt he could have crushed Bush into the soil. Cheney did tonight to Edwards what Kerry should have done to Bush. He literally smashed him into a fine powder.

I felt bad, like I was watching Apollo Creed getting his head caved in. Only if it was real. Edwards really looked at certain times like he was going to fly across the table and choke Cheney with a cord.

Guest GreatOne

Eh, 2Gold is a bit more moderate. But the point is taken. I think it's aimed more at NYU and a few others.

And hell, where is TheLastBoyScout?!

Don't forget INXS! :lol:

The most hilarious part about the factcheck.com thing, is when you actually GO on factcheck.com and see what the site is about.

The title reads - "Why we must not re-elect President Bush", and it's a whole site dedicated to getting rid of GWB.

Classic, just classic.

The most hilarious part about the factcheck.com thing, is when you actually GO on factcheck.com and see what the site is about.

The title reads - "Why we must not re-elect President Bush", and it's a whole site dedicated to getting rid of GWB.

Classic, just classic.

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=261

Yes, I know. But now you're going to get bunch of people not all that into politics, who don't know who they're going to vote for, going to factcheck.COM and seeing that, not even knowing of a factcheck.org.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I have to give the debate to Cheney, but not by a large margin. We knew what to expect from Cheney, he's an intelligent, articulate, and very experienced man. He carried himself in a dignified respectable manner, suitable for a VP.

I also thought the younger, less experienced Edwards handled himself quite well. He was just outmatched against a man of Cheney's stature.

Cheney even PLUGGED factcheck so you could see for yourself!

The Howard Dean burn was awesome

The problem was Cheney meant to plug the nonpartisan factcheck.org, but instead he plugged factcheck.com, GEORGE SOROS' website.

It was Cheney's biggest blunder of the night, actually.

Yea I admit that- but I assume it'd be corrected by any one of the fact check people they always have.

If that's his biggest bluder then I think he did pretty well. I'll respond to NYU's points when I have more time

Dick Cheney: "I've been head of the senate for four years now, and the first time I met you was tonight, on this stage."

What's even funnier about that statement is that if you head over to the Drudge Report, they have pictures and facts of Cheney meeting and praising Edwards at least three times.

Just sayin.

I think it's obvious Cheney was deliberately exaggerating to call attention to Edwards' shoddy attendance and voting records. Christ, doesn't anyone understand hyperbole anymore?

Deliberatly exaggerating sounds hauntingly familiar, and I really hate to pull this card, but everyone knew it was coming.

"There is credible evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq."

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of rubes out there (Not you guys) who watch the debates and take everything these guys say as a 100 percent undisputable truth, and that's what tends to worry me. Trust me, I was bartending last night and you should have seen the back and forth reactions from the (very drunk) Democrats and Republicans. It was almost like fucking mob mentality warfare. I literally had pissed off people coming up to me who were all "So who do you support?", like they were going to rip my fucking head off if I said the wrong answer. I had to keep it at "Sorry, when I'm behind the bar I'm undecided." Sorry for the mini-rant, that felt good to get off my chest.

What's even funnier about that statement is that if you head over to the Drudge Report, they have pictures and facts of Cheney meeting and praising Edwards at least three times.

I think Cheney meant they never met regarding congressional business.

A republican and a democrat sat next to each other at a breakfast. I'm sure they hit it off real well. Cheney was just acknowledging the presence of Edwards when he spoke.

Either way, both men never formally introduced themselves to each other.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134589,00.html

CLEVELAND -- Vice President Dick Cheney said Tuesday night that the debate with Democratic Sen. John Edwards marked the first time they had met. In fact, the two had met at least three times previously. [...]

Edwards didn't forget their prayer-breakfast meeting. The Democratic vice presidential candidate noted the discrepancy at a post-debate rally in a Cleveland park, calling it an example of Cheney "still not being straight with the American people."

"The vice president said that the first time I met Senator Edwards was tonight when we walked on the stage. I guess he forgot the time we sat next to each other for a couple hours about three years ago. I guess he forgot the time we met at the swearing in of another senator. So, my wife Elizabeth reminded him on the stage," Edwards said as the crowd roared.

According to Edwards' staff, Cheney replied, "Oh, yeah."

Guest Ronixis

Cheney got the zingers, the suplexes. Edwards did alot better later, but not by MUCH. Cheney by a few.

BUT HOW IN THE WORLD Fox News say Edwards won- ABC News is the only one that stated otherwise? What of load of ****. I bet you those ABC's were the ones that you can only vote ONCE.

Speaking on the way Cheney *owned* Edwards->

Cheney Thinking: "Work it...baby, Work it"

FUNNY.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134589,00.html

CLEVELAND -- Vice President Dick Cheney said Tuesday night that the debate with Democratic Sen. John Edwards marked the first time they had met. In fact, the two had met at least three times previously. [...]

Edwards didn't forget their prayer-breakfast meeting. The Democratic vice presidential candidate noted the discrepancy at a post-debate rally in a Cleveland park, calling it an example of Cheney "still not being straight with the American people."

"The vice president said that the first time I met Senator Edwards was tonight when we walked on the stage. I guess he forgot the time we sat next to each other for a couple hours about three years ago. I guess he forgot the time we met at the swearing in of another senator. So, my wife Elizabeth reminded him on the stage," Edwards said as the crowd roared.

According to Edwards' staff, Cheney replied, "Oh, yeah."

Well it's not like Edwards remembered any of those encounters either - or else he would have brought them up during the debate.

Ultimately a much less interesting debate than the first presidential face-off. I thought Cheney did better, but Edwards improved a lot after a truly awful first 20 minutes. Nonetheless, so much of this was about each vice-president's record or statements, and not as much about their headliners; I don't see this debate having much of an effect on the undecided electorate.

He was joking that Edwards was NEVER AROUND TO VOTE SO HE FEELS LIKE HE HAS NEVER MET HIM.

Christ on a damn cracker.

It was a funny line, I got it and I think Cheney is a dickhead.

Wow, this is really sad since I've seen people at various other sites latching onto this and screaming, "SEE! HE'S NOT FIT! HE'S NOT FIT! EDWARDS WON!"