TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

Letters from the troops

You know what's funny? This:

My friends, they will not catch me. Though I may be on the run...

You'll be on the run for about 10 seconds before you lose your breath you fat sack of shit.

Unless you're chasing the Good Humor Truck...

Guest GreatOne

You know, it's bad enough hearing Michael Moore babble on and on

It's even worse when he mentions 'underwear' as a selling point..........................

If you want to assume the book will contain ten letters, sure. And dude, you don't need 20 ellipses after making a point.

So 9 letters out of 140,000 obviously are an accurate judge of the whole. Thank you very much.

Anyone can make a point. It's not that hard. But putting something behind that point is what really matters. Just because he has a few letters means shit; you need more than a hundred disgruntled GIs to really get noticed. We are talking 140,000 people here (I'm hammering this point down. That's around .07 of a percent of the entire force in Iraq. Frankly, I doubt that they are the true indicator of what's really going over there.

And it'd be funny if he did get reemed out by a judge for bribery of voters. I'd laugh my ass off at that.

Guest BDC

Seriuosly, I think I'd crap myself laughing at that. I'm normally against judicial activism, but that'd be something for the record books.

Guest SP-1

Here's the common theme I noticed:

These soldiers are complaining about conditions. Almost every soldier gets disgusted with wartime surroundings and with what goes on during a war. My dad refuses to talk about his service time and to this day can't hear "Taps" played.

Calling this to attention is stupid. Not because the boys don't need to vent. They do. But that it's being used for propaganda purposes.

These soldiers are complaining about conditions. Almost every soldier gets disgusted with wartime surroundings and with what goes on during a war. My dad refuses to talk about his service time and to this day can't hear "Taps" played.

Calling this to attention is stupid. Not because the boys don't need to vent. They do. But that it's being used for propaganda purposes.

Well it is not like anyone else is any rush to have these voices of descent heard. I mean I do agree, that if it came from someone else other then Moore, then maybe more notice would be taken, however if Michael Moore is the only current means to get these voices heard, then so be it.

Yes, but I don't think hot temperatures inspire people to write letters of angst against the leadership, especially if that is their ONLY issue with the situation. War is hell, no matter how "good" or "bad" it is going. I am sure on routine missions, soldiers witness things that will stay in their minds forever.

These soldiers are complaining about conditions.  Almost every soldier gets disgusted with wartime surroundings and with what goes on during a war.  My dad refuses to talk about his service time and to this day can't hear "Taps" played.

Calling this to attention is stupid.  Not because the boys don't need to vent.  They do.  But that it's being used for propaganda purposes.

Well it is not like anyone else is any rush to have these voices of descent heard. I mean I do agree, that if it came from someone else other then Moore, then maybe more notice would be taken, however if Michael Moore is the only current means to get these voices heard, then so be it.

Of course, maybe it's the fact that there AREN'T too many voices of dissent in the first place.

Maybe I'm just shaving with Occam's Razor too much...

These soldiers are complaining about conditions.  Almost every soldier gets disgusted with wartime surroundings and with what goes on during a war.  My dad refuses to talk about his service time and to this day can't hear "Taps" played.

Calling this to attention is stupid.  Not because the boys don't need to vent.  They do.  But that it's being used for propaganda purposes.

Of course, maybe it's the fact that there AREN'T too many voices of dissent in the first place.

well ok, but who exactly ever said there were? Moore is just publishing what he is getting, what is wrong with that?(as long as they are all legit). Who has pointed to these letters and said, "seeeeeeeeee all the troops hate the war"?

Would it also, however, be fair to say some troops might not feel comfortable speaking out, or have mixed emotions about it?

Guest BDC

well ok, but who exactly ever said there were? Moore is just publishing what he is getting, what is wrong with that?(as long as they are all legit). Who has pointed to these letters and said, "seeeeeeeeee all the troops hate the war"?

Would it also, however, be fair to say some troops might not feel comfortable speaking out, or have mixed emotions about it?

I doubt it. My gf's brother doesn't have any problems bitching about his commanders or anything of the sort. These guys get pissed, they'll say something.

I doubt it. My gf's brother doesn't have any problems bitching about his commanders or anything of the sort. These guys get pissed, they'll say something.

Well I didn't mean just in casual conversation, I mean more like writing a letter with their name on it that can be referred back to, something on the record.

If you want to assume the book will contain ten letters, sure. And dude, you don't need 20 ellipses after making a point.

So 9 letters out of 140,000 obviously are an accurate judge of the whole. Thank you very much.

Anyone can make a point. It's not that hard. But putting something behind that point is what really matters. Just because he has a few letters means shit; you need more than a hundred disgruntled GIs to really get noticed. We are talking 140,000 people here (I'm hammering this point down. That's around .07 of a percent of the entire force in Iraq. Frankly, I doubt that they are the true indicator of what's really going over there.

And it'd be funny if he did get reemed out by a judge for bribery of voters. I'd laugh my ass off at that.

It means shit to you that anybody would have something bad to say about the war as it is. Sorry but it means something to me, cuz I support ALL the troops regardless of the conditions and opinion. You don't see anybody questioning the validity of the letters that are PRO this war do you? They get their turn too. So chill the fuck out.

Its even funnier that the Michigan republicans are gonna make a stink over this considering what he was "bribing" them with. It's not like its lobbyist money. Its UNDERWEAR AND NOODLES! Go ahead make a big deal about this. I dare you.

Guest GreatOne

I don't think ANYONE wants Michael Moore's underwear.

Except maybe for use as a gross science exhibit somewhere down the line.....................

It means shit to you that anybody would have something bad to say about the war as it is. Sorry but it means something to me, cuz I support ALL the troops regardless of the conditions and opinion. You don't see anybody questioning the validity of the letters that are PRO this war do you? They get their turn too. So chill the fuck out.

Its even funnier that the Michigan republicans are gonna make a stink over this considering what he was "bribing" them with. It's not like its lobbyist money. Its UNDERWEAR AND NOODLES! Go ahead make a big deal about this. I dare you.

If they are published by someone who isn't Michael Moore, well, maybe you'll have something. But until they reach a credible source, I don't really consider them to be too reliable. I find it hard to believe that these people all fell deaf ears until Michael Moore found them.

And frankly, I think it could hold up in court. Well, it'll hold up better than the elastic on Mikey's underwear does. *Rimshot*

Guest MikeSC

Why don't you simply stop writing things if everything you write is going to be so mind-numbingly stupid?

Cry, BITCH, and moan, all you want Mikey but holding editing choices against Moore makes YOUR arguement SUBJECTIVE OPINION, NOT FACT!!! Its called a persuasive arguement dolt. An effective one at that.

Which, THANKFULLY, means I can now cut-and-paste your fucking moronic replies --- since you feel it's peachy.

The left: FUCK THE TRUTH!

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Too fucking funny! Sorry C-bacon.

Wednesday, October 6th, 2004

Republicans, Out of Ideas, Ask Prosecutors to Arrest Michael Moore

10/6/04

Dear Friends,

You may have heard by now that the Michigan Republican Party has called for my arrest. That's right. They literally want me brought up on charges -- and hope that I'm locked up.

No, I'm not kidding. The Republican Party, yesterday, filed a criminal complaint with the prosecutors in each of the counties where I spoke last week in Michigan.

My crime? Clean underwear for anyone who will vote in the upcoming election.

Each night on our 60-city "Slacker Uprising Tour" through the 20 battleground states, I've been registering hundreds (and on some nights, thousands) of voters at my arena and stadium events. I then ask for everyone over 23 who has never voted (or didn't vote in the last election) to stand up. I tell these slackers that I understand and respect why they think politicians are not worth the bother. I tell them that I may have been the original slacker, and that I do not want them to change their slacker ways. Keep sleeping 'til noon! Keep drinking beer! Stay on the sofa and watch as much TV as possible! But, please, just for me, on 11/2, I want you to leave the house and give voting a try -- just this once. The stakes this time are just too high.

If they promise me that they'll do this, I give the guys a 3-pack of new Fruit of the Loom underwear, and the women get a day's supply of Ramen noodles, the sustenance of slackers everywhere.

I then close by having them repeat the 2004 Slacker Oath: "Pick nose! Pick BUTT! Pick Kerry."

It seems to have worked, as each night the volunteer tables are swamped afterwards with hundreds of new and young voters signing up to campaign for regime change for the next four weeks.

The satire of all this seems to have been lost on the Republicans. Or maybe it hasn't. The state of Michigan (where we spent most of last week) reported that over 100,000 young people recently registered to vote, a record that no one saw coming. The Slacker Tour has turned into a huge steamroller with a momentum all its own.

So, the Republican Party, to show their gratitude that so many young people will now be involved in our system, has demanded that I be sent to jail for trying to "bribe" students to vote.

Of course, this would be quite laughable if they weren't so serious about their charges. But they are. I may soon be a wanted man in Michigan -- simply because I convinced a few slackers to change their underwear and eat a healthy meal of artificially flavored noodles.

I thought I'd seen it all this year -- Disney refusing to distribute the film they paid for, right-wingers harassing theater owners who showed "Fahrenheit 9/11," conservative action groups trying to get the FEC to kick our film ads off the air, the unnecessary restrictive R-rating that forced teenagers to sneak in to see it, and all the stupid, crazy attacks on me and my movie that I've had to listen to as I watched the public ignore them and pack the movie houses anyway, where my film was being shown. And when all that failed, five different Republican groups made five different attack dog tapes (oops, "documentaries"!) against me in a period of about six weeks. But they were all so bad, so boring, so right-wing, no one wanted to watch them and they too went away, a sad waste of good videotape.

Now, after enduring all this, with no tricks left in their bag, they've just decided, "Let's toss his sorry ass behind bars -- him and his noodles and his gift of clean underwear!"

My friends, they will not catch me. Though I may be on the run, and I may never be able to return home to my beloved Michigan, I make this solemn vow to you and yours: The slackers of America shall not be denied their noodles, they will proudly wear their clean underwear as free Americans, and they will vote Bush out of office come November 2nd (though they will not show up to the polls until well after noon)!

Stay strong, stay slacker, and please remember to turn the underwear inside out every three days. As for the noodles, add boiling water, stir.

Yours,

Michael Moore

[email protected]

www.michaelmoore.com

P.S. My favorite moment of the VP debate: Cheney saying to the moderator that this was the first he heard that that many black women in America had AIDS. Clueless. Cheney, for an entire 90-minutes, only mentioned Bush's name -- that's his running mate, the "president" -- once. They should have called this the "President (Cheney) -- Vice President (Edwards) Debate."

P.P.S. Tomorrow's letter, as promised for today, will be about my new book, "Will They Ever Trust Us Again?: Letters from the War Zone." And thanks, everyone, for sending "Fahrenheit 9/11" on its first day to #1 on Amazon. If you find that your store didn't order enough copies, or to report other problems, please e-mail Sony Home video at [email protected].

Hmm, this is the same guy who claimed that the police broke up an autograph section of his when they DARED to tell him to leave since he was supposed to leave half an hour before he did and the janitors were forced to STAY --- unpaid --- while he proceeded to make a few more bucks for himself.

Hell, I want to see the state GOP sue him for slander, but that'd simply play into his hands.

The only good thing about Michael Moore is that it simply makes the leftists who defend him jokes. Ah well, I'll allow the man with no academic accomplishments to mention to refer to others as idiots and dumb.

-=Mike

You know you really hit the mark when you get them to get all bent out of shape like THAT ^.

Next is the part where he tells me and INXS and whoever else is supposedly a liberal on this board to go away. See but *I* don't want MikeSC to go away. Cuz while I consider him and his point of view to be predictable, I still find it to be hilarious. I take back any bad thing I said about. You are awesome.

Guest SP-1

My favorite part is at the end when, either out of paranoia that he'll get screwed in the home video market or to try and make as much money as he possibly can (maybe both), he reminds the reader to tell their stores to order more copies of his movie if "there aren't enough copies".

How I love Moore.

For entertainment.

Guest MikeSC

I almost feel bad about DL'ing F 9/11 a few months back.

But that's because the movie was REAL bad.

-=Mike

I almost feel bad about DL'ing F 9/11 a few months back.

But that's because the movie was REAL bad.

-=Mike

Try this one instead: http://www.celsius4111.com/

There's nothing that actually talks about the movie though, except for the trailer. I'd like to actually see some sort of synopsis/message or whatever.

Guest INXS

It's quite amusing seeing Mikey Moore get under so many people's skin! We NEED guys like Moore around, with a loud voice, with money, who is able to go on tours, is able to make documentaries, is able to get otherwise apathetic young voters to the polls - albeit with a bribe of underwear and noodles!