TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

Guest Anglesault

The Yankees fatal flaw tonight was that they let terrible baseball players beat them. Bellhorn, Cabrera, Laskanic.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS YOU PIECE OF SHIT RIVERA WHEN YOU WALK A FUCKING FAGGOT LIKE MILLAR TO LEAD OFF THE NINTH. YOU FUCKING BUM. I LOVE HOW THE RED SOX ACTED LIKE THEY WON THE WORLD SERIES AFTER THAT HOMERUN. FUCK YOU RIVERA.

Wow. ;)

Guest Anglesault
Even if the Sox lose, at least the Yankees don't get the satisfaction of a sweep

Let's make a deal. Yankees win tomorrow, and you guys get all the moral victories you could dream of.

Even if the Sox lose, at least the Yankees don't get the satisfaction of a sweep

Let's make a deal. Yankees win tomorrow, and you guys get all the moral victories you could dream of.

How about I kick you in the nuts

I called it a couple of pages ago. The greatest comeback ever is occuring right in front of your eyes. Now, later today Pedro will smack his overbearing, abusive daddy down, then back to NYC they will go. The only thing I am concerned with now is who the Red Sox will play in the World Series.

Guest GreatOne

'WOOHOO! The Yankees didn't sweep us, HEEHEEHEEHEE, HEEHEEHEEHEE!' (Jumps up and down like a little girl).

Seriously, what the fuck is that? As if the Red Sox goal this year was not to be swept by the Yankees in the ALCS.........................

Guest Anglesault

How about I kick you in the nuts

Do the Yankees still win tomorrow?

Guest Anglesault

I seriously can't wait for the Johnny Damon

"We're destined! Bring on Fat Rodge for the World Series!" quote today.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Don't start this whole "Momentum" bullshit. It doesn't matter. If you go game seven anyways...you got to start BranDON/SON Arryro anyways.

Enjoy your moral "we didn't get swept!" victory.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS YOU PIECE OF SHIT RIVERA WHEN YOU WALK A FUCKING FAGGOT LIKE MILLAR TO LEAD OFF THE NINTH.  YOU FUCKING BUM.  I LOVE HOW THE RED SOX ACTED LIKE THEY WON THE WORLD SERIES AFTER THAT HOMERUN.  FUCK YOU RIVERA.

Start spreadin' the news......

Wow, both Francona and Epstein said that, if it goes back to NY, Schilling's pitching game 6.

Guest The Shadow Behind You
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS YOU PIECE OF SHIT RIVERA WHEN YOU WALK A FUCKING FAGGOT LIKE MILLAR TO LEAD OFF THE NINTH.  YOU FUCKING BUM.  I LOVE HOW THE RED SOX ACTED LIKE THEY WON THE WORLD SERIES AFTER THAT HOMERUN.   FUCK YOU RIVERA.

Start spreadin' the news......

Wow, both Francona and Epstein said that, if it goes back to NY, Schilling's pitching game 6.

If Schilling plays and they win and win the whole Thing, Will Schilling be a go for the World Series?

I can't believe that if they make it to the Series...Lowe or Wakefield start game one. The Home Field Advantage would help hugely.

Well, looks like I'm lucky enough to be able to go to Fenway tommorow for Game 5 for Pedro vs. Mussina. Unreal how this one worked out.

I'll let you guys know how it went when I get back late Monday night.

I'm a Sox fan but even I know we're delaying the inevitable here.

I mean.....umm yeah.......whoo.....here comes our comeback! Better hide Jeter!

*sits down and slumps in his seat*

The Yankees fatal flaw tonight was that they let terrible baseball players beat them. Bellhorn, Cabrera, Laskanic.

The real fatal flaw was they didn't hit pitchers they should have. Scoring only 1 run againt the Red Sox bullpen for example.

When the series is done, we can just have this thread become the mock-Tim Carver analysis thread.

'Generally speaking, as a rule, it's easier to hit a grand slam when the bases are loaded.'

'WOOHOO! The Yankees didn't sweep us, HEEHEEHEEHEE, HEEHEEHEEHEE!' (Jumps up and down like a little girl).

Seriously, what the fuck is that? As if the Red Sox goal this year was not to be swept by the Yankees in the ALCS.........................

Wait ... are you mocking the Red Sox for celebrating, or the Red Sox fans for celebrating?

If it's the former, WTF are they supposed to do when someone hits a game winning, extra inning walk off homer? Just let him trot around the bases and meet them in the clubhouse? They didn't celebrate like they won the World Series, they celebrated the same way they have after most of their walk off wins, all season long.

And if it's the latter, it's understandable that people would be stoked, it was a big win for a team that needed it. Last night's win gave the fans a reason to have hope ... even though the Sox winning is very unlikely.

Guest GreatOne

Wait ... are you mocking the Red Sox for celebrating, or the Red Sox fans for celebrating?

If it's the former, WTF are they supposed to do when someone hits a game winning, extra inning walk off homer? Just let him trot around the bases and meet them in the clubhouse? They didn't celebrate like they won the World Series, they celebrated the same way they have after most of their walk off wins, all season long.

And if it's the latter, it's understandable that people would be stoked, it was a big win for a team that needed it. Last night's win gave the fans a reason to have hope ... even though the Sox winning is very unlikely.

That actually would be in response to who was claiming 'Well at least if the Yankees win, they didn't sweep us'

Again, as if that was the Red Sox' goal in spring training...................

I dunno how NL could be so disliked after great posts like that

(not sarcasm, BTW)

I'm not 100% sure how disliked I really am ... I think - for the most part - that people are generally apathetic about me. I just liked that fact that kkk called me one of the least liked posters, so decided to use that as my member title.

And, GreatOne, I don't think many Red Sox fans are all that thrilled about losing to NY, and it really wasn't anyone's goal throughout the year. But, having said that, losing in 5 games (or 6 or 7) is better than being swept. It's just looking at the situation and trying to find the sliver of good news. (the proverbial "glass is half full" of the situation). Just my $0.02, though.

Guest Crazy Dan

Man last night's game was a marathon, how does the East coast deal with those late start times? I mean I was tired at 10 pm, imagine staying up till 1am in the morining, well if you are a die hard fan at least. The Red Sox avoid complete disaster and the sweep. There is still a chance, as Pedro could win tonight and if Schilling can pitch, gets Game 6, which if he is on, can shut down the Yankees. Game 7 is always a crap shoot. Baseball is a game of streaks and a team can get hot like that. But in reality, the Yankees will win, but they do have some bullpen issues. Did Torre pitch Riviera arm in the ground with all the innings he pitched? Riviera did not have that zip he normally has last night, which would explain the blown save. Also, sometimes a game winning homer can jump start a team, which happened last night. So I think this will go to Game 6 at least, but the Yankees will win due to the fact how hard it is to win 4 in a row as it is, but especially under these terms. But, the Sox I think win tonight, as Pedro pitches his last game in Fenway, potentially.

Rivera wasn't bad at all. Really the only big hit he allowed was to Mueller. The only reason he allowed that run in the first place was because of the damn leadoff walk. He struck a couple of people out, and took care of Ortiz.

Guest Brian

If Schilling is good to go for Game six, I'm assuming they'd have Wakefield go for seven.

How do the Sox players sleep? You get back at 2:30 or so, and you're still pumped up from the big win.