TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Patterson gives notice?

Haven't seen this posted yet...

"Pat Patterson, a long time friend and confidant of Vince McMahon, may be on the way out of WWE after becoming imbroiled in a behind the scenes situation that saw him speaking out against the continued strong push being received by Triple H on the "RAW brand".

Patterson recently told Vince McMahon he believed Triple H was pushed too strongly as the center of the RAW universe and that relying too heavily on Triple H is one of the problems that has caused ratings and house show drops in recent months.

A WWE source tells us Patterson has given his notice to Vince McMahon and plans to retire after 46 years in the wrestling business.

McMahon is known to surround himself with "yes men" who will tell him what they think he wants to hear. Patterson isn't a "yes man" and speaking his mind about the Triple H situation sparked tension that apparently has prompted Patterson's decision to retire."

Guest Dynamite Kido

Good for Pat. Say what you will about Patterson, but he has always had a great wrestling mind. He's been credited with creating the Royal Rumble idea and he has helped with some of the biggest matches in WWF history(two that come to mind are Hogan/Rock and Hogan/Warrior). If this is totally true, good for Pat..............about time someone there speaks up to Vince about some of the problems they are having.

Wow... just wow. Is Vince McMahon really that out of touch with reality? The fans are saying it, other wrestlers are saying it, the ratings are reflecting it, and even his long-time friend Pat Patterson is saying it: Triple H is killing Raw!

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

Now if only he takes Sylvan Grenier with him, we'll be all set.

I wonder what it will take for Vince to see the damn light. Maybe if Shane disowns him that might work :lol:

Seriously, I called this in another thread. Vince just lost the best guy he had to structure a match and come up with great finishes. Russo and Hart have both said it publicly that someone like Patterson was needed in wcw for match structure and finishes which they were very poor at. I wonder how this will affect matches now.

Guest Shoes Head
Now if only he takes Sylvan Grenier with him, we'll be all set.

That's who he suggested get the monster push instead.

Every good agent or booker makes bad decisions time to time.

Didn't Patterson book a few of those triple threats in 2002 that had no right to be as good as they were? I think Taker/Rock/Angle and Brock/Angle/Big Show?

Guest Dynamite Kido
Didn't Patterson always help book and set up the Royal Rumble, too?

Good for Pat. Say what you will about Patterson, but he has always had a great wrestling mind. He's been credited with creating the Royal Rumble idea and he has helped with some of the biggest matches in WWF history(two that come to mind are Hogan/Rock and Hogan/Warrior). If this is totally true, good for Pat..............about time someone there speaks up to Vince about some of the problems they are having.

Well yeah, he not only created the Rumble, but I think he layed out how it would go every year.

I wonder if there will be a noticeable difference in the product or not when he's gone.

Guest Valcourt

If this is true, I wonder if Pat would ever think about working somewhere else. Although, I am sure he feels he has done what he wanted to do in wrestling.

I'd like to see a shoot tape after all this...

Guest PimpDaddySarp

Don't worry. I'm sure they will replace Patterson with somebody who can match his years of experience and knowledge of the wrestling business. You can't get a job in the WWE without wrestling knowledge.

Guest Coffey

I was always under the assumption that Pat Patterson WAS a "yes man." That's why when I read the thread title, I intially though "well, I guess that's good."

Apparently I was incorrect/misinformed?

Oh well, I won't miss him.

Meltzer has confirmed the news. Patterson resigned on the 5th, and the Tuesday PPV will be his last day.

From Meltzer's update today:

Also as noted in the preview, Pat Patterson did officially resign from the company on the 5th and his final night will be Taboo Tuesday.

Guest wildpegasus
I wonder what it will take for Vince to see the damn light. Maybe if Shane disowns him that might work :lol:

Seriously, I called this in another thread. Vince just lost the best guy he had to structure a match and come up with great finishes. Russo and Hart have both said it publicly that someone like Patterson was needed in wcw for match structure and finishes which they were very poor at. I wonder how this will affect matches now.

Do you know when Hart and Russo said that? If possable, I would like to read what they said. Thanks.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Good.

Maybe now TNA can get someone to get some better matches out of their wrestlers.