TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

The OAO third and FINAL Presidential Debate Thread

Guest MikeSC
Well, for the first time, FOX sees an outright ass-kicking by Bush.

-=Mike

you don't say.... :ph34r:

They didn't the first two times.

And why are the Dems so obsessed with Cheney's gay daughter? Can't we have a debate without blatant gay-baiting?

-=Mike

-=Mike

Next thing he'll tell us is that the sun will rise tomorrow.

wait.. so.. there'll be a 5 trillion dollar increase.. with $7000 per family

is that right?

dividing 5 trillion by 7000 comes out with 714.3 million

I thought it was 700,000.

-=Mike

And why are the Dems so obsessed with Cheney's gay daughter? Can't we have a debate without blatant gay-baiting?

-=Mike

they didn't say it was an "out-right asskicking" but they tried to skew it like Bush won on substance, and Kerry won on style, when clearly Kerry won the first debate by a landslide.

wait.. so.. there'll be a 5 trillion dollar increase.. with $7000 per family

is that right?

dividing 5 trillion by 7000 comes out with 714.3 million

I thought it was 700,000.

that could make sense

unless we have 714 million families in America

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

-=Mike

they didn't say it was an "out-right asskicking" but they tried to skew it like Bush won on substance, and Kerry won on style, when clearly Kerry won the first debate by a landslide.

Yeah, because YOU think so.

Bush won on substance in the first debate (notice that the ONLY thing the Dems criticized in the 1st debate was Bush's facial expressions.

Kerry has yet to do shit in terms of substance...

-=Mike

and a quickpoll on CNN says

52-39 Kerry

(out of 511 voters)

B/K I: 54-36 Kerry (if I recall correctly)

B/K II: 47-45 Kerry

B/K III: 52-39 Kerry

and..

CBS News Poll

Kerry 39

Bush 25

ABC News

Kerry 42

Bush 41

internals:

38% GOP

30% Dem

28% Independent

Coulter v. Jackson should top Coulter v. Begala

(I doubt they'll be in the same place)

If they're in the same place, THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE~!

My money's on Ann...

if Jesse Jackson and Ann Coulter had a show together, it'd be entertaining. Until one murders another.

Actually replace Jesse with Mikey Moore...both equally annoying....actually, nix that. They probably fight and then fuck

Well, I watched this debate as part of a large group of students, and then filled out a survey for extra credit in my Communication class.

Def. the worst of all the debates. The other students spent a lot of time laughing and groaning at both guys at various points. Bush saying for healthy people not to get flue shots got huge laughter.

Bush looked very upbeat and even hyper, but Kerry clearly has the better debate style sounding like he knows what he's talking about, even if what he's saying is BS.

Another Cheney daughter cheapshot by this ticket. Lovely, I hope they feel proud of themselves...

I thought Bush handled tough questions about abortion, supreme court apppointments and gay marriage very well, and while Kerry might have been more direct, his answers we're as with much conviction.

Overall, I felt it was similar to the first debate in that Bush wins on substance, Kerry on presentation. I don't know how much of a difference this will make

EDIT: I should also mention that even though the majority of the room laughed and mocked at a lot of Bush's trip ups and anwers, after talking about how he loves his wife and daughters, all the girls in the room seemed to really warm to him and "awwwwed". The room all audibly groaned when Kerry mentioned Cheney's daughter.

Could anybody imagine what would happened if the role were reversed? If Edwards had the lesbian daughter and Bush would mention...that would be all over the news.

Edwards had a young son that died. If Cheney or Bush wanted to go low they could mention his dead son in some argument about healthcare or whatever, as a counter to Cheney's gay daughter cheapshots. But they don't. Bush and Cheney have more class and compassion than to embarass and upset someone like that...

Could anybody imagine what would happened if the role were reversed? If Edwards had the lesbian daughter and Bush would mention...that would be all over the news.

Edwards had a young son that died. If Cheney or Bush wanted to go low they could mention his dead son in some argument about healthcare or whatever, as a counter to Cheney's gay daughter cheapshots. But they don't. Bush and Cheney have more class and compassion than to embarass and upset someone like that...

That's a different matter entirely. Mentioning someone's sexual orientation still is less taboo than bringing up the dead

Edit: I don't know how else to word that.... :bonk:

That's a different matter entirely. Mentioning someone's sexual orientation still is less taboo than bringing up the dead

Edit: I don't know how else to word that.... :bonk:

From an article about Edward's son:

Edwards refuses to say how or if his son's death is related to his political career. "That's personal and private to me, and I don't want to talk about it," Edwards says.

Same standard should apply to Dick Cheney. It's a personal issue to him, that he didn't want to be made a political issue, and chose not to bring it up. It's not appropriate for Edwards/Kerry to do so especially in the smug way they did (i.e. "hey all you hardcore religious Republican, did you know that the Vice President's daughter is GAY?").

If Bush or Cheney wanted to be assholes they could have politicised Edwards' son in an argument for, whatever, auto safety standards, healthcare, whatever. They didn't. That's the point.

Kerry and Edwards should be ashamed of themselves. It was a cheapshot. TWICE.

Well Edwards' son in a car accident- so they couldn't really.

But bringing up Cheney's daughter is disgusting. Everyone but NY Untouchable seems to understand that.

Edwards even said if any of his staffers mention his dead son or anything- he'd fire them on the spot.

I LOVED how in last week's debate Cheney was like: Yea- thanks for trying to bait me you asshole. Next question.

Why can't the media harp on this?

ABC News

Kerry 42

Bush 41

internals:

38% GOP

30% Dem

28% Independent

Wow...Kerry even narrowly won such a Republican-heavy poll...

I LOVED how in last week's debate Cheney was like: Yea- thanks for trying to bait me you asshole. Next question.

Why can't the media harp on this?

Because most people buy into as respectful. Plus you can't say anything about Edwards/Kerry without getting harped on yourself.