TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Trish as a heel, is it working for you?

Guest sarafromsweden

The problem seems to be, that men (most of them) don´t really care about acting abilities. As long as you get to see tits and asses, you´re happy..

If all men would buy ppv´s bacause of the great matches announced, instead of how much tits you´re going to see, I´m sure things would be different today....

How poor are you? You can´t pay for the playboychannel or what? Just think it´s sad that the womens division is more about looking good and getting breastimplants than it is about being a really good wrestler.

And, yes, it´s the mens fault, not the girls... I´m sure the girls dreamed about being wrestlers when they were 9 years old, not getting paid for taking their clothes off....

Sorry for being a pain-in-the-ass........but I have dreams too. but I know, that it doesn´t matter how hard you try, bacause if there is someone hotter than you, you´re screwed.... that´s it.

Why not fire all the divas and let the menter miss world-contests and stuff like that.since that´s all they do, show their looks and not their wrestlingtalents....

Guest Loss

Since they're traveling internationally and still making money in those markets, it would make sense to bring in some Joshi talent to work in the women's division. They could do the whole sex appeal thing, and they're also superior workers, even the ones who are past their prime or way over the hill. They were talking to someone a while back, don't remember who.

I don't think they would bring in Joshis for TV. Maybe house shows in other coutries and maybe in Japan, but otherwise I couldn't see them coming in simply because of the fact that the Main Eventers would stop it after maybe one joshi match. I mean, from what I've heard, the japanese women wrestlers can put on better matches than some guys in the States. Now, if the "Glass Ceiling" is keeping guys like the Cruiserweights down, just think what the Undertaker would do if he was upstaged by a female and exposed for being the Dead Man Suck he is. His ego would DIE and he (along with the other "big dogs") would do everything in their power to crush the joshis into mush with the "Glass Celing".

the other is a complete moron, and when Trish sounds off her, she's the one who sounds reasonable.

They need to make Lita just become so unintelligible that she's a self-parody, at this point.

"Hey Lita, you're like, fat and stuff, and should try to. y'know, lose some weight. Fatty."

"GARBLEDINA!"

that or just let out some sound between a belch and groan.

"And, yes, it´s the mens fault, not the girls... I´m sure the girls dreamed about being wrestlers when they were 9 years old, not getting paid for taking their clothes off...."

Actually, even Molly, Ivory, and so forth weren't even interested in wrestling until they were older (Molly after high school, Ivory in her 20's, I believe). Only Trish has been a fan since childhood, I believe.

I don't think there are a great number of women that are interested in getting involved in the business to wrestle. Heck, not even too many black males seem interested (compare the state of wrestling to other sports in America). The business is run and watched by a lot of backwards, stubborn males who want their male wrestlers to look a certain way and want their female wrestlers to look good in tight clothing above all else. Until a major part of the fanbase wants to take the women seriously, nothing is going to change.

"Why not fire all the divas and let the menter miss world-contests and stuff like that.since that´s all they do, show their looks and not their wrestlingtalents...."

I think it's tolerable if they make the wrestlers separate from the fluffers. I mean, keeping the "divas" on one show and the female "superstars" on the other works fine. Should they ever interact, somebody like Torrie should stand about as good a chance against Molly as Coach would against Tajir--ER, Shane would against Ka--ER, make that Michael Cole against the Rock. The Divas realistically should get their asses kicked without the female wrestlers breaking a sweat.

Of course, you know how that works out. They're pushing Nidia and Stacy as wrestlers, for cryin' out loud.

Welcome to the board, BTW, sarafromsweden.

Of course, you know how that works out. They're pushing Nidia and Stacy as wrestlers, for cryin' out loud.

Well, Nidia was trained to be a wrestler and was a Tough Enough winner. It doesn't matter that there was only one other woman still in the competition when she won, she's a trained women's wrestler. She may not be great, but she doesn't exactly have a large number of matches under her belt. Maybe they're under her shirt.

Stacy....yeah...

Guest DeathBecomesYou
Actually, even Molly, Ivory, and so forth weren't even interested in wrestling until they were older (Molly after high school, Ivory in her 20's, I believe). Only Trish has been a fan since childhood, I believe.

I'm pretty sure Molly said in an interview that she was a fan as a child, if I remember correctly she said she was a Hulkamaniac and also liked Ricky Steamboat.

Sorry to nitpick, but that's just me being my smarkish Molly fan self. I agree with the rest of what you wrote too.

Guest wildpegasus
The problem seems to be, that men (most of them) don´t really care about acting abilities. As long as you get to see tits and asses, you´re happy..

If all men would buy ppv´s  bacause of the great matches announced, instead of how much tits you´re going to see, I´m sure things would be different today....

How poor are you? You can´t pay for the playboychannel or what? Just think it´s sad that the womens division is more about looking good and getting breastimplants than it is about being a really good wrestler.

And, yes, it´s the mens fault, not the girls... I´m sure the girls dreamed about being wrestlers when they were 9 years old, not getting paid for taking their clothes off....

Sorry for being a pain-in-the-ass........but I have dreams too. but I know, that it doesn´t matter how hard you try, bacause if there is someone hotter than you, you´re screwed.... that´s it.

Why not fire all the divas and let the menter miss world-contests and stuff like that.since that´s all they do, show their looks and not their wrestlingtalents....

Wildpegasus -- In case you didn't know I thought I'd inform you that not all women's wrestling is like that. The joshi puroresu stars (Japanese women's stars) are as good if not better than the male superstars. A lot of the best matches of all time come from there and the superstars don't have to have gorgeous looks to succeed. Unbelievably fantastic wrestling with great atheletes.

Actually, even Molly, Ivory, and so forth weren't even interested in wrestling until they were older (Molly after high school, Ivory in her 20's, I believe).  Only Trish has been a fan since childhood, I believe.

I'm pretty sure Molly said in an interview that she was a fan as a child, if I remember correctly she said she was a Hulkamaniac and also liked Ricky Steamboat.

Sorry to nitpick, but that's just me being my smarkish Molly fan self. I agree with the rest of what you wrote too.

Oh--I thought she said she wasn't interested until then. Maybe what she actually said/meant was that she had no plans of getting into the business, nor any idea how she would.

I don't mind the "nitpicking" at all. :P

Well, Nidia was trained to be a wrestler and was a Tough Enough winner.

I *still* don't count her as a wrestler.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
Actually, even Molly, Ivory, and so forth weren't even interested in wrestling until they were older (Molly after high school, Ivory in her 20's, I believe).  Only Trish has been a fan since childhood, I believe.

Oh--I thought she said she wasn't interested until then. Maybe what she actually said/meant was that she had no plans of getting into the business, nor any idea how she would.

I'm pretty sure that what Molly said was she was a fan, but she didn't know women wrestled until she was approached to train at a wrestling school. She only thought women were valets.

One thing about Nidia though, now some people might like some may hate her, but she's now been either wrestling or training in OVW for over 3 years, with people like Fit Finlay, Molly and the various agents to learn from, she really should be a whole lot better than she is now, at the very least she shouldn't end up doing the same move on multiple occasions in a 4 minute match.

Since i'm bored, I decided to come up with what the division should be IMO.

Faces:

Molly Holly (returning to the old sweet, girl next door character)

Alexis Laree

Daizee Haze (how she isn't signed now is a mystery)

Lita (love her or hate her she's still over)

Stacy (as a valet or on the rare occasion she's in the ring, she's basically jobber material for the heels, no more)

Heels:

Trish

Gail Kim

Jazz

Victoria (have her take a few months off to get her knees fixed and return as the psychopath character)

Jillian Hall (she should've made her debut by now)

That's the actual wrestling part of the division and if they want to keep her, Christy Hemme can be kept for valet duties.

As for a top feud, i'd like to see Molly and Trish keep beating the shit out of each other. Their matches were always enjoyable when they've feuded previously and their feuds have always been well recieved, with the roles reversed it could be a lot of fun to watch.

I think the real problem is the constant thought that they need to have good looking woman on wwe tv at least for 5 mins a show. they dont. If anyone is tuning in just to see the divas, then they arent wrestling fans.

as contrite as it sounds jim cornette was right

"Wrestling fans, watching a wrestling program, want to see wrestlers wrestle"

I dont watch wrestling to see girls in skimpy outfits, I could watch something else for that.

and since the womens matches in wwe are kept too short and they have a thin talent roster, I think they should do away with the womean division altogther

(and what the hell is a diva anyway and what does it have to do with wrestling-why cant they be reffered to as wrestlers?)

as for trish, hey she really improved in the ring from his first appearance in 2000 and was over well as the plucky babyface , her heel turn wa sineteresting but made no sense. she was mad at jericho for making a bet , so she became christains girlfriend? the man who beat her up? wtf? and now apparently tehy dont even mention this relationship anymore (i guess they broke up? and if so shouldnt someone have turned face)

my main point is, either get serious about the womens division or get rid of it (and fire all of the "divas" trust me they wont be missed much-even by men)

If you're talking about Daizee Haze on WWE TV I think you gotta add Ms Chif, or put her first. It's sad when a little promotion like IWA Midsouth has a women's divison 10 times better than the WWE.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
If you're talking about Daizee Haze on WWE TV I think you gotta add Ms Chif, or put her first. It's sad when a little promotion like IWA Midsouth has a women's divison 10 times better than the WWE.

Yeah I thought of MsChif, but I think people would see her as a Victoria clone. By that thought, i'd also love to see Mickie Knuckles get signed, but because she isn't the Torrie Wilson type, she'd probably get stuck with a "Fat" gimmick like Molly did a few years ago. Daizee's the one above any other that I think would get over the quickest.

The saddest part about comparing WWE's division against IWA's, is that when you compare the best of both divisions, there is little difference, Molly and Mercedes Martinez, or Gail Kim and Daizee (Gail has improved massively in the last year), or Jazz and Mickie, they all match up well. The big problems with WWE's division as a whole are one, the talented girls have to tone it down so not to show up the likes of Stacy or Lita (compare Molly in WCW to Molly now, she's dropped almost all her exciting offense), two the booking of the matches/angles, where there's no character development and the matches last about 2 minutes.

The whole company seems to be of the mindset to the girls, that if you're not Trish, Lita or Stacy, then fuck you we won't give you nothing.

Guest shis

Nothing will change with her as a heel really, Have you ever noticed when a diva turns heel they are more sexy then they are when they are faces?

EX: Victoria was hot when she was heel but now as a face she has a bad entrance and looks like an old woman!!!

(well, almost.)

"Yeah I thought of MsChif, but I think people would see her as a Victoria clone"

How so? They don't really have a similar look or character.

As for Daizee, she has this Ricky Morton-esque quality to her. She reeks of cute babyface that can sell and has some flashy offense at times. I just wonder if she's so small that WWE would ever really take a serious look at her.

Guest Shutterspeed

Even if she's criminally annoying every time she speaks, be it as a face or heel, she draws heat. I'll give her that. Actually, it's probably inadvertent heat and she gets it because everyone listening feels like cutting her vocal chords that deliver her pre-pubescent voice. That's about as far as her heel character extends these days.

Guest DeathBecomesYou
"Yeah I thought of MsChif, but I think people would see her as a Victoria clone"

How so? They don't really have a similar look or character.

As for Daizee, she has this Ricky Morton-esque quality to her. She reeks of cute babyface that can sell and has some flashy offense at times.  I just wonder if she's so small that WWE would ever really take a serious look at her.

I just think people would see the dark character and assume it's a rip off of Victoria's "psycho" character.

As for Daizee, while she's small, she still looks like an athlete, combined with her moveset she'd be capable of getting over as a serious threat.