TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

D-Von Dudley involved in altercation w/ fan

Guest SP-1

The guard looks kind of like Austin. How awesome would that have been?

*D-VON AND FAN STAREDOWN*

*GLASS SHATTERS*

AUSTIN: Hey hey now, what's goin' on here?

D-VON: This little punk can't keep his mouth shut!

AUSTIN: Let old Stone Cold handle it!

*STUNNER TO FAN*

*FAN WRITHES IN PAIN AS THE STUNNER FURTHER HURT HIS BACK*

AUSTIN: See now that wasn't too bad. Come on and have a beer with ol' Steve.

Guest Mr. Wrestling

Maybe I'm a bit old here but if the Dudleys are heels aren't they supposed to expect fans mouthing off at them? Before Vince spoiled kayfabe, being a heel was the most dangerous job that one could possibly have. Heels were attacked and people even tried to kill them.

Just a minor question, if the fan was screaming at the HEEL, shouldn't that mean that he is actively participating in the event or am I thinking with an 80s mind here?

Guest JRE

I'd be a happy fan is D-Von chased me down. Some people just always have to be the victim...

Guest Rrrsh
-Cole said when WWE fans attend an event, they should have their First Amendment right to freedom of expression, to and boo who they want.

(Kellers Oct 7th 2004 Smackdown Report)

It's amazing how far up some people are in the WWE's Ass that they'd rather be on the companies side than the fans'.  The WWE *encourages* fans to participate in their live events, they *advertise it* and *Vince Mcmahon* himself has said it; I can't believe there are people taking the side of the wrestler here.  If the fan rushed the ring it would be a different story, but the fan was just being a fan here.  It was completely unprofessional and fans shouldn't feel physically endangered when they go to an event.  But NOTHING will happen to Dvon because the WWE has a mentality where the fans are LESSER people.  Which is what makes what Shawn said on RAW so much more full of shit.

When it comes to fan vs. wrestler, I'm taking the fans side.  I don't know how anyone here could be any different.

If this is the story, fine. But I got MONEY racial comments were made.

Money.

Before NikJohns gets all pissy, I say this because D-Von has no track record of this. And everybody has their own buttons. D-von was uber heel in ECW for all those years, so he has heard every insult in the book. But that still dosn't mean he won't snap if his button is push. And their is no FUCKING way he snapped at what is being told in this bullshit article.

This reminds me lots of the whole altercation in baseball this year between Texas and Oakland. Mr Cordova threw a chair at a fan and eveyone said "man this loser has no self control and should be banned from baseball". You know what was said? The fans said something about a death in his family. Everybody has buttons, and Dvon just THREATENED to do something. He neve took a swing.

1) If this story is accurate, then D'Von definitely was at fault. I do want to hear the explanation from WWE though.

2) The fan seems like a dick so I'm not exactly ready to run out and defend him even if he was in the right.

That's cool, it just came over that way.  It's bogus when people think racism is a factor when there's no prrof that it is.  No hard feelings, yo.

Straight up, dawg. ;)

Anybody think the guy made racial remarks?

No, and fuck you for trying to introduce a racial element when there was none mentioned. The world doesn't need this shit.

What world though? No one is going to hear about this or read his comments except about maybe 500 people.

Guest Mr. Wrestling

Even if he did call D-Von a racial slur, what right does he have to get so pissed?

D-Von is a heel

The goal of a heel is to get this kind of emotion of at least was 20 years ago. D-Von should feel like a success for getting that comment.

D-Von- Heel

Heels get threatened and called names

It's apart of the job.

Am I stuck in the past or something?

If it was race motivated (which there was no mention of, Dvon just happens to be black - if it was Bubba doing it race wouldn't even be brought up)

WWE race baits all the time. *D-Von* race baited in ECW. The WWE doesn't pay the audience for that crap, but the audience *does* pay the WWE, so the standards for their performance should be WAY higher, but it isn't. Why? Why does the WWE continually get away with it, but the wrestlers can't take snide comments from the fans? That it's ok for the WWE to offend because "they're working"? C'mon. This goes back to what I was originally said, the WWE LOOKS DOWN ON YOU. They look down on the fans. That's why there's a double standard. And for some reason people continually defend this company.

he probably should not have started yelling at him. Obviously he was all talk

You say that like people go to wrestling shows, and yell at wrestlers because they WANT to get in fights with them.

I don't see how you can be against the fan here. He yelled at D-Von (which fans do) and then he told D-Von not to hurt him, because he had a bad back.

What did he do wrong, exactly?

Guest LooneyTune

If some idiot fan called me a n----r (use your imagination to fill the rest), and I was black, I'd want to kick his ass too. That's assuming racial comments were mad, and really, it's likely the only choice since D'von never gets in fans faces...NEVER. It had to be something serious to piss him off and that is on top of the list.

he probably should not have started yelling at him. Obviously he was all talk

You say that like people go to wrestling shows, and yell at wrestlers because they WANT to get in fights with them.

I yell at some of the guys all the time when I am at 3PW, and they recognize that is approval of the job they are doing as the heel. Or at least I hope they do.

Guest DeputyHawk

So WWE employees AREN'T allowed to dress scruffy, but they ARE allowed to assault their paying customers without physical provocation?

With the proviso the story posted is accurate, both D-Von and the security guard need to be slapped with fines for risking a lawsuit. It doesn't matter what the fan said, the WWE employees were in the wrong. Heels get booed, jeered and insulted by fans at wrestling shows. It's their job. They were in the wrong to respond physically.

Even if he did call D-Von a racial slur, what right does he have to get so pissed?

Fuck you. That is the most ignorant statement i ever heard.

I am Black, and if some white or any other race guy ever called me a nigger, no matter what the reason. I got right to be fucking mad. :angry:

If D-Von was called an idiot by some drunk fan. He has a fucking right to be mad.

Guest Rrrsh

Fuck you. That is the most ignorant statement i ever heard.

I am Black, and if some white or any other race guy ever called me a nigger, no matter what the reason. I got right to be fucking mad. :angry:

If D-Von was called an idiot by some drunk fan. He has a fucking right to be mad.

Thank you.

It's hilarious how "D-Von Got Mad because the fan was taunting him" became "The Fan said something Racist" became "The fan called D-Von a Nigger".

This just in...

"The fan was eating watermelon at the time and had a handful of Cotton when he told Dvon to get back on the plantation and then dropped the N-bomb which sent the mild-mannered African American who would never hurt a fly into a rage."

I'm not saying it had to do with race.

I'm saying to the fucking ignorant asshole, that he does have a right to get angry had he been called a nigger.

I hate that race was brought up into this topic.

In all likely hood, the fan didn't called him a nigger. But he is still a fucking moron, for yelling at a man who is 3 times his size. If D-Von ever screamed at me, I would shut up right away. I know somthing bad will happen if I keep yapping my lips.

But here's the thing.... THE FANS HAVE BEEN CONDITIONED TO DO THAT! THE WWE TELLS THE FANS TO DO THAT. Which means the wrestlers have to accept that as a condition of their employment/contractual obligation. They should not blow up at the fans, no matter what*.

(*Within Reason)

The guard looks kind of like Austin. How awesome would that have been?

He looks more like "Cirus" from "Con Air", who in turn looks like Austin..

I don't care what the fan said. If he called him a Nigger, said something about his mom, or what. THE WRESTLER SHOULDN'T GO AFTER THE FAN. In Kayfabe, insult the fan back, sure. Don't physically touch him. You're a professional athelete. You're going to get shit like this all the time. Let it rub off you.

Is it that hard to shrug it off and say, "Well, that fans a little jerk, who cares?"

Or if need be, even talk to security about him and have him removed.. Be mature about it.

When NHB comes through my city, everyone insults the heels with the worst they can come up with. In fact one of the referees, who lives in town, gets it the worst. But again, he's mature and expects it, so he's not chasing anyone down after the show.

I'm not saying anything against D'VON, because lord knows if this storie's even true.

Guest JRE

...See, I pretty much think D-Von got really into it and argued with the fan at ringside.

Then happened to recognize him at the stoplight and dick around him some more.

I also think the fan is a pussy.

Ernie Ladd was called the n-word all the time. From an interview I heard of him, he'd soak it up, and continue with his usual heel antics.

But you need to remember that we're in a different era now. When Ernie Ladd was young, being called a nigger was probably common. Today, most people can't say that without it being considered crossing the line and racist.

I know if I was D'von or in his place (I am black) and someone called me a nigger, then I would FUCKING DESTROY THEM. If and only if a racial slur was used then is D'von ok with me and even commended, because most black guys (like me) wouldn't have stopped at yelling.

But, if D'von was just being thin-skinned and upset at having to job or whatever, then I'll say he's just being immature.

That or one of the best fucking heels ever. I mean, he could've just been really in character.

EDIT-And then there's the whole "this is bullshit news" thing. It could all be untrue.

D-Von has right to tell his side of the story.

Yall jump to conclusions to much. D-Von isn't known for this kind of behavior, so theres a good chance it might of been the fans fault.

I know if I was D'von or in his place (I am black) and someone called me a nigger, then I would FUCKING DESTROY THEM.

I know since I'm not black I wouldn't completely understand it but..

If you can't take the worst of insults, you shouldn't be a professional heel wrestler.

Sorry, you have to expect that with the job.. you have to be a master at controlling your temper..

You don't know the fan, you'll probably never see him again. Let it go.

Edit: I'm not taking the fans side as I don't knowexactly what happened BTW. I'm just saying that wrestlers, under any circumstances, cant go after a fan.

I know if I was D'von or in his place (I am black) and someone called me a nigger, then I would FUCKING DESTROY THEM.

If you can't take the worst of insults, you shouldn't be a professional heel wrestler.

Sorry, you have to expect that with the job.. you have to be a master at controlling your temper..

Edit: I'm not taking the fans side as I don't knowexactly what happened BTW. I'm just saying that wrestlers, under any circumstances, cant go after a fan.

As you said, your not black, and do not understand.

So just keep quiet about. You have no right to say D-Von can't get mad. You have no experince with it.

So just keep quiet about. You have no right to say D-Von can't get mad. You have no experince with it.

If he can't handle it, DON'T BE A PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER.

I'm Italian, if somebody called me a whop, I would know it comes with the job.

BESIDES THE POINT. We don't even know that he shouted any racial slurs at him anyways.

They'll never understand

They'll never understand

It';s not a racial matter here. It's about wrestlers controlling themselves. If it was reported that D'Vons mother died, and the fan said something about that, it'd be the same thing. Still no excuse to go after him. YOU HAVE TO BE MATURE AS A PROFESSIONAL!